• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Rapture

Paul mentions the imminent return of Christ...
The bible presents a series of events when and in what order these events happens which contain the rapture isn't always apparent.
Quote Paul. Back your claim. All talk no Jack.

Where did you come up with 7 years. Even if you know when the tribulation starts exactly that doesn't mean you can absolutely know the day or the hour. We will know the approximate time.
We can know the season....when one looks at what is currently happening, such as the "beast system" being installed right now in our history....the rapture is pretty close. Are you ready for it? Look up!

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Tell us if we are gone you need to explain verse 4. If we are outta here verse 4 is pointless. To the church Jesus will not come as a thief in the night. Remember we are to be watching and waiting.
Those watching can see the "beast system" being installed right before our eyes.

Believers submit to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not "control" anyone, we have free will.

When we submit to God we allow the Spirit to control/govern us....

It all depends on what you having ruling your life.
You like to argue over the exact words used which ends up meaning the same thing anyway.
"The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:6-8​

When we submit to God we allow the Spirit to control/govern us....

Otherwise?

Our flesh will control us, as it does for believers who find themselves antagonistic to truth, having an affinity for false thinking.

Why do you think we have 1 John 1:9 ? The flesh can gain control when we allow for it.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one
another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness. (vs 9)
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."

Believers who oppose sound doctrine have granted for their flesh to control them. If they are religious they find themselves taking pleasure in dismantling sound teaching when they can get away with it. Demons applaud them and groom them in how to maneuver scripture as to distort its reality for the believers seeking truth. Such people are deluded to think its the Holy Spirit guiding them... When its their flesh allowing demons to govern their thinking. But in their pride? They see themselves as superior.

Then again..... ignorance must be replaced with knowledge. Some are naive and act like what I just described above.

and..here we are!

grace and peace .......................

We can know the season....when one looks at what is currently happening, such as the "beast system" being installed right now in our history....the rapture is pretty close. Are you ready for it? Look up!

Those watching can see the "beast system" being installed right before our eyes.
According to authoritative NT apostolic teaching, the resurrection occurs before the rapture at the end of time, following the resurrection of all mankind, both sheep and the goats.

Time for another repeat:

Jesus locates the resurrection in the last day (John 6:39).
Paul locates the resurrection with the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:16).
Jesus locates the rapture with the second coming (Matthew 24:39-41).
(The saints are caught up to meet the Lord in the clouds, whereupon they descend with him to earth for the Final Judgment.)
Jesus locates the second coming with the judgment of the sheep and goats (Matthew 25:31-33).

So in terms of the time of their occurrence, the rapture is (occurs at the time of) the judgment:

the last day = resurrection = rapture = second coming = final judgment of sheep and goats (all mankind)

(and the resurrection being in the last day with the judgment of the sheep and goats--all mankind,
thereby making only one resurrection. . .of all mankind).

If one's personal interpretation of prophetic riddles not spoken clearly (Nu 12:8) does not locate the rapture with the judgment of the sheep and goats at the end of time, that interpretation is not in agreement with authoritative NT apostolic teaching, thereby making it in error, for Scripture does not contradict itself.

Last edited:
Where did you come up with 7 years. Even if you know when the tribulation starts exactly that doesn't mean you can absolutely know the day or the hour. We will know the approximate time.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Tell us if we are gone you need to explain verse 4. If we are outta here verse 4 is pointless. To the church Jesus will not come as a thief in the night. Remember we are to be watching and waiting.

Why do you proudly call yourself "Wordsmith?" When you have shown yourself inept with the Word?
You have memorized all the teachings of those who oppose orthodoxy.
You attempt to dismantle. But, never build up with it afterwards. That's bad.

You have shown yourself having a natural gift for memorizing Scripture. To only misapply it. Which leaves you without excuse.

Oh well... I suppose every forum attracts the antagonist type for testing those who are faithful..
Seen it too often to not know what it is when I now see it.

Unless you have been assigned to this forum to challenge the faith of believers to stir up more postings?
That too, is bad for a Christian forum where some come to relax and fellowship... and build each other up in the Word.

It should be interesting.
I wonder what these guys will turn out to be...

Rev 9:7 In appearance the locusts were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, 8their hair like women’s hair, and their teeth like lions’ teeth; 9they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. 10They have tails and stings like scorpions, and their power to hurt people for five months is in their tails.

Leave it alone. I would. For we have too much good doctrines to learn from Scripture that is applicable for us right now to make us qualify.

Those passages are intended for those who will be alive when it is happening.
It will convince them that the Word of God is to be trusted and not a fable as the world will try to make them to believe.

grace and peace ..............

You still avoid dealing with the points I made. Why is that?

Because you have proven yourself unable to see too much truth to find your opinion worthy of taking the time with you to reason.

I do not know what sect you have been indoctrinated in. But it reeks of antagonism towards what is to comfort the believer.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Therefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thes 4:17-18​

You come here like you are jealous of the encouragement we have found and want to destroy it.

I'm letting you know quickly how you are coming across here. Seen it in my younger years and saw how it works.
Its depressing. Not because you can convince us that we are wrong.
But its depressing to see a person making it know that he is throwing away his time that could have been used to know and glorify Christ.

Last edited:
Because you have proven yourself unable to see too much truth to find your opinion worthy of taking the time with you to reason.
And your reason for failing to deal with the Biblical testimony of post #573 regarding the location of the rapture with the final judgment?

What is the white horse dilemma?
In the book of Acts chapter 1:9-11 we read about the ascension of Christ where he ascends into the clouds then the angels say Jesus will return in the same way he left.

In 1 Thes 4: 13-18 Paul writes about the return of Christ at the rapture of the church...

In Rev 19:11-16 we see another return of Jesus...and Jesus is riding a white horse.

Concerning the rapture and its description....there is no white horse mentioned....as Jesus returns like he left just like the angels said.

In the book of Acts chapter 1:9-11 we read about the ascension of Christ where he ascends into the clouds then the angels say Jesus will return in the same way he left.

In 1 Thes 4: 13-18 Paul writes about the return of Christ at the rapture of the church...

In Rev 19:11-16 we see another return of Jesus...and Jesus is riding a white horse.

Concerning the rapture and its description....there is no white horse mentioned....as Jesus returns like he left just like the angels said.
Why are they distinct Returns of Christ?

Ah, the Secret Rapture...

Like I said, I'm trying to figure things out; I haven't been following the Thread. I reckon the Returns are thought of as two distinct Returns because of the horse...
Could it be a literal horse?

I reckon so...
What I mean is the historians witnessing the 70 a.d. throwdown said they saw chariots in the sky. If chariots, horses?

It is not much different than when Elisha asked God to show his servants the chariots in 2 Kings 6 IMHO.

So, who knows?

What I mean is the historians witnessing the 70 a.d. throwdown said they saw chariots in the sky. If chariots, horses?

It is not much different than what Elisha asked God to show his servants the chariots in 2 Kings 6 IMHO.

So, who knows?
True...

Is his point though, that they are two Returns of Christ because one Return is Horseless?

Back