• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Rapture

Hello Leonard! I am wondering, do you think 1000 is used figuratively in Scripture, or literally?
As you can see, it is mentioned six times in six verses.

REVEALTION 20:

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Can you give me a very good reason why I should not give GOD or HIS Word the full benefit of a doubt? I will spare you the time and effort.......you cannot. As far as I am concerned, The entirety of GOD's Word are equally true in every way.

As you can see, it is mentioned six times in six verses.

REVEALTION 20:

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Can you give me a very good reason why I should not give GOD or HIS Word the full benefit of a doubt? I will spare you the time and effort.......you cannot. As far as I am concerned, The entirety of GOD's Word are equally true in every way.
Yes, I can see it says a thousand years, no need to highlight it as if I cannot see it.

Yet you haven't addressed my question at all. I am talking the whole of Scripture. Is it a literal 1000 in Scripture?

It's not a matter of can/cannot, it's a matter of did/did not.
2 TIM 3:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yes, I can see it says a thousand years, no need to highlight it as if I cannot see it.

Yet you haven't addressed my question at all. I am talking the whole of Scripture. Is it a literal 1000 in Scripture?
I did answer your question. I am guessing that you did not read all the way to the bottom.

So, are we agreeing? Not sure your point.
It's not a trick or anything, lol, everyone seems so defensive. I don't see Romans 11:15 as being fulfilled yet. When it happens, it will be like life from the dead. I'm sure we will notice when that happens.

Yes, it is for seven is God`s number for completion.

`The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.` (Ps. 12: 6)

God`s purpose for Israel will yet be completed - ruling the nations for a 1,000 years.

It's not a trick or anything, lol, everyone seems so defensive. I don't see Romans 11:15 as being fulfilled yet. When it happens, it will be like life from the dead. I'm sure we will notice when that happens.
It is not for us to make up what we think that scripture is, (as you are doing) but to seek more of God`s word for His details.

2 TIM 3:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I dont know what you are talking about.

Evidently I did not understand your post #290.

OK. I'll try again, so far you have not answered. 1000 in Scripture, always literal?
ISAIAH 46:
8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

ISAIAH 46:
8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
Yes, a wonderful revelation!

Back