• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

Christ left us The Church... The Church preceded the NT writings
Even though you quoted the OP (in post #2), the derailment began here and went on for 3 weeks. Please from now on please try to stay on topic.

Even though you quoted the OP (in post #2), the derailment began here and went on for 3 weeks. Please from now on please try to stay on topic.
You said 'the very foundation'.... that would be the Church.

You said 'the very foundation'.... that would be the Church.
Obviously the subject matter of the OP is the Apostles Creed and it's lack of an article on Scripture. Leave it to an RC-er to twist it to refer to the Church.

not missing at all... He gave His Church the authority to bind/loose with the stamp of approval.
Yes he gave all those sent out two be two that preach the gospel of grace. the key the gates of hell could prevail against. The binding and loosening of the gospel If he does not loosen his interpretation .How could we know Him that has no form?

Just what is they are binding and loosening?

Mathew 18; 16-20 and if he may not hear,(the living word of God ) take with thee yet one or two, that by the mouth of two witnesses or three every word(of God) may stand. And if he may not hear them, (word of the gospel )say [it] to the assembly, and if also the assembly he may not hear, let him be to thee as the heathen man and the tax-gatherer. `Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens. `Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask -- it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens, for where there are two or three gathered together -- to my name, there am I in the midst of them.'

It does not say He gave His Church as the final authority to bind/loose with the stamp of approval. they would be following the wrong law of interpretation earthy inspired by Rome.

They clearly deny the loving commandment not to seek the approval of dying mankind (Popes) rather that the one that does command to study

Shun the oral tradition of dying mankind . . . there is no defense against it as it is written hear and obey the living word, The armor of God

2 Timothy 2:14-16King James Version15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not the Pope) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Wil you study and seek the approval of the invisible head as it is written ? Or will rebuke the lord like Peter our brother in the Lord ?

Obviously the subject matter of the OP is the Apostles Creed and it's lack of an article on Scripture. Leave it to an RC-er to twist it to refer to the Church.
Obviously the Church gave us the Creeds, the NT, the Bible, etc.... and that fits in nicely with your comment below 👇
concerning the very foundation

Obviously the Church gave us the Creeds, the NT, the Bible, etc.... and that fits in nicely with your comment below 👇
LOL .Creed. . . Why so much hatred of the living word of God ?

Obviously the wife of of Christ the church has a invisible head that lovingly commands us to not call no man on earth Holy Father ,Holy See, Successor or Vicar of the Prince of the Apostles; Pontiff; Patriarch of the West ...

Why so many titles for a man that claims to be in the place of our invisible God

Will you obey his commandment or the commandments in CCC the catholic Bible that they call sacred oral traditons of dying mankind .

Why not please a Living Father? rather than a legion of patron saints gods (3500 and rising )

Yet the ECF decided to leave out that obvious alleged fact?

Which fact are you referring to?
The alleged fact of "Obviously the Church gave us the Creeds, the NT, the Bible, etc....(your comment in #87). I mean if it's true as you say why weren't those points included in the Creed?...

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
Amen.

Nothing about the Church giving us the Scriptures. hmm

The alleged fact of "Obviously the Church gave us the Creeds, the NT, the Bible, etc....(your comment in #87). I mean if it's true as you say why weren't those points included in the Creed?...

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
Amen.
Nothing about the Church giving us the Scriptures. hmm
THE ONLY CHURCH 👆

THE ONLY CHURCH 👆
I see you are playing games. This thread is on why there is no statement in the Apostle's Creed concerning GOD's Word but all you can parrot is 'The Church', 'The Church'.

I see you are playing games.
So you don't understand the Creed?

I mention the Church because The Creed mentions The Church [the Universal/Catholic Church]. How do you not see that the Church gave you the Bible, the Creeds, etc.

So you don't understand the Creed?

I mention the Church because The Creed mentions The Church [the Universal/Catholic Church]. How do you not see that the Church gave you the Bible, the Creeds, etc.
God gave His Word to the Prophets long before there was a Roman (hardly universal) Church.

God gave His Word to the Prophets long before there was a Roman (hardly universal) Church.
and yet you seem to minimize The Lord of the Universe giving authority to Peter through the keys. 🤷‍♂️

and yet you seem to minimize The Lord of the Universe giving authority to Peter through the keys. 🤷‍♂️
Which is made known (whether we agree it pertains to Peter's authority or confession) through the Scriptures, the very thing some Churches and some present posters seem to overlook.

Which is made known (whether we agree it pertains to Peter's authority or confession) through the Scriptures
it isn't authority or confession.... with the confession, he still was the only Apostle to receive the keys
the very thing some Churches and some present posters seem to overlook.
and yet the pillar of truth is the Church
the wisdom of God is made known through the Church

AMEN

it isn't authority or confession.... with the confession, he still was the only Apostle to receive the keys

and yet the pillar of truth is the Church
the wisdom of God is made known through the Church

AMEN
It's self defeating to use Scripture (1Tim 3:15) to downgrade Scripture. Unless you can stick to the OP, I'm done conversing with you.

Back