• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

people aren't obedient .... they would rather eat a buffet over the banquet
That would appear to be the ignorance of those like the apostles When they questioned Jesus the Son of man .Are you going to eat or starve to death?.

John 4:33-35King James Version33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

The food that both revealed the banquet the Son of man was feasting on and empowered him to do it without murmuring in false pride

Philippians 2: 13 For it is God which worketh in you both (the gospel key) to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

We eat take into our heart and soul by faith the unseen things of eternal God who is not a man as us

Romans 14:22-23King James Version22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.2And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Not what the eyes see temporal dying mankind the historical. . but the unseen eternal vision of faith. The faith of Christ. the power of God

Is it nonsense to you because you are fine with partial communion? [lukewarm? Rev 3:16]
I, and all other genuine Christians, am in full communion with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Truly our fellowship (communion) is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

The Apostles Creed is a fine summary of the basics of our faith.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?
Do you mean the Scripture references?

Do you mean the Scripture references?
Not really but something along the lines of a statement on it's inspiration (2Ti 3:16) or inerrancy (Ps. 119:140), etc.

I, and all other genuine Christians, am in full communion with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Truly our fellowship (communion) is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
Being in 'full communion' includes Christ AND His Church.

Being in 'full communion' includes Christ AND His Church.
All genuine believers in Jesus Christ are His Church. If you limit yourself to those genuine believers who are in Roman Catholicism (few and far between), then you are the one who is not in "full communion".

All genuine believers in Jesus Christ are His Church.
If you are 'genuine', you would accept all that Christ offers.... His One Church, Sacraments, etc.
If you limit yourself to those genuine believers who are in Roman Catholicism (few and far between),
narrow gate
then you are the one who is not in "full communion".
I accept Christ and His Church.... I do not follow man-made ecclesial communities that started in the sixteenth century. They were not SENT, nor did they have hands laid on them through the proper authority.

Christ the invisible head and his church what?
His universal/Catholic Church.... the Church that was sent into the world to make disciples of all nations

The loving, living commandment 2 Timothy .It reveals the miracle of faith God not seen working in us enabling us to seek his approval as two walking together empowered by one. Two the one witness God has spoke "Let there be" and two "it was God alone good"

The law of faith or law of love

Will you obey the living word to study to seek the approval of our invisible head our Holy Father as it relates to the word "apostle" and seek the will of the Father that indwells all born again of the incorruptible seed (Christ our husband )

Approved unto eternal God not seen or dying mankind temporal seen. Which teaching master ?

2 Timothy 2:15-16King James Version1 Study (the loving commandment) to shew thyself approved unto God,(not the Pope) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Have you studied the meaning of the word Apostle? It Is the key that rightly divides (interprets) between the things of dying mankind oral traditons and the unseen things of Christ's faith as a labor of his love

You missed the point. The apostles where ignorant . Christ rebuked them for it over and over. Did you not know? did you not see? Did you not hear the things prepared for the bride the church

.He never stops teaching he is our daily confidence . (1 Peter 1:11) if he began the good teaching working us he promises he will continue to give us the daily bread to both hear and empower us to walk together . The banquet food apostles knew not of

You simply have a entirely different meaning for sent messenger (Apostle) making the true to no effect by the counterfeit by oral tradition as lying laws of dying mankind . . .Apostles.. Highly worshiped venerated puffed up ones Those that lord it over the faith of the non-venerable pew sitters understanding. What you see is what you get nothing more and nothing less . They forbid the bible as the only source of faith calling it a heresy.

Turning things upside down. Venerating worshiping those moved by the Holy Spirit. puffing up the apostles above all things writen in the law and prophets(sola scriptura)

1 Corinthian 4: 6-7 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure(parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Same kind of mind set that says; we are the a canon assemblers as dying mankind. Look at our beauty and live forever .Why trust in the invisible things of God when you have it here and now. The foundation of all the pagan kingdoms of this world .Out of sight. . . out of mind
Like Cain. "I know not where my brother is " .

When they questioned Jesus the Son of man . Are you going to eat or starve to death?. He said my banquet is to both understand the Holy Father not seen and moved by that Spirit empower the Son of man Jesus can finish it the good pleasure of the glory of the Father.

John 4:33-35King James Version33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
The Pharisees a law of the fathers oral traditons of dying mankind were under the delusion and worshiped the shadow of of ceremonial laws that preached the suffering of Christ beforehand and the glory of the cross the time of reformation as a sign to the unbelieving world.

Believers had prophecy as its written

Peter of the Pharisees again when hearing a parable had no understanding of the purpose or meaning. Peter under the idea that there is no difference between what the eyes and the invisible things .preached Follow what you can see, dont trust the imaginations of others be your own god .

Take a selfie as many as you want. . LOL

Mathew 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

No such thing transubstantiation, the wrong kind of daily bread. As a law It must be buried outside towards the camp of Beelzebub . the lord of flies

I would think God does not accept dead sacrifices. The dead bury thier own.

If you are 'genuine', you would accept all that Christ offers.... His One Church, Sacraments, etc.

narrow gate

I accept Christ and His Church.... I do not follow man-made ecclesial communities that started in the sixteenth century. They were not SENT, nor did they have hands laid on them through the proper authority.
The churches (one per town) did not start in the 16th C.! They started in the 1st C., with no Pope, no Cardinals, no Archbishops, no Monsignors, no mediatorial priesthood, no infant "baptism", no mediatrix, no co-redemptrix, no holy water, no veneration of relics, no uniforms, no supererogation, no praying to "saints", no bowing down before pictures and statues, etc., etc..

You certainly DO follow a man-made ecclesial community, with a huge number of unbiblical false doctrines and practices. Come out of her my people, that you share not in her sins, nor receive her plagues!

The churches (one per town) did not start in the 16th C.!
Correct... we started with Christ and His Apostles.... they then laid hands on the next generation. The Church is the pillar of truth; the wisdom of God is made known through her -- per St. Paul.

Correct... we started with Christ and His Apostles.... they then laid hands on the next generation. The Church is the pillar of truth; the wisdom of God is made known through her -- per St. Paul.
You might be in the real church universal, but definitely not because you're in Roman Catholicism, which is not a real church at all.

You might be in the real church universal, but definitely not because you're in Roman Catholicism, which is not a real church at all.
When did it change [year]? What was the name of the Church for the first one thousand years?

When did it change [year]? What was the name of the Church for the first one thousand years?
Firstly, the name has never changed; it has always been the "ekklesia" (called out ones).

Secondly; although "ekklesia" can refer to the totality of Christians worldwide, it usually refers to a local congregation of believers.

Thirdly, I don't know exactly when people started to use the term "Catholicism", but it's not a biblical word for the body of Christ and is certainly a misnomer.

Firstly, the name has never changed; it has always been the "ekklesia" (called out ones).
and then we see a letter from Ignatius calling this church Catholic.... and that was not mentioned like a new idea
Secondly; although "ekklesia" can refer to the totality of Christians worldwide, it usually refers to a local congregation of believers.
under the umbrella of the whole church Catholic... the ECF's would be a good place to start
Thirdly, I don't know exactly when people started to use the term "Catholicism", but it's not a biblical word for the body of Christ and is certainly a misnomer.
The church throughout mentioned in Acts.

and then we see a letter from Ignatius calling this church Catholic.... and that was not mentioned like a new idea

under the umbrella of the whole church Catholic... the ECF's would be a good place to start

The church throughout mentioned in Acts.
No Christian should start with the opinions of other Christians. We should all start with what the God-breathed Bible says.

Back