• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

This thread is not about sola Scriptura.
The New Testament was simply a fulfillment of the Old Testament promises, both being inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Nothing like using Scripture to make a case against sola Scriptura. lol

John 18:36 KJV
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 17:20 KJV
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

I have noticed, Roman Catholics have a difficult time trying to stay on topic always veering to their pet topics.
Do you want to talk about the sacraments here?

Do you want to talk about the sacraments here?
Actually, I'd like to discuss, "Why does the Creed leave out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves?"

Where does it say the bases is scripture and not the apostles?

You said sacraments but you did not realize it

The only Church at the time with apostolic succession through the laying on of hands. The Universal/Catholic Church.

Was it at the time of the first century reformation (Hebrews 9)Is that when succession of dying men began ?

It would seem our invisible head our Holy Father, Holy See knew in advance .dying mankind would appoint venerable men in a succession from one generation to the next .

It would appear the living word of God destroys the idea of succession of dying father, gods as a the orals traditons of the legion of fathers

He knew when Moses finished the book of law (sola scriptura) and when Moses died would die they would go right back to the pagan gentile foundation .A earthly dying king reigning in the place of our heavenly invisible . King of kings.(1 Samuel 8)

Deuteronomy 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death? Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them.For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands. And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.

Where does it say the bases is scripture and not the apostles?

You said sacraments but you did not realize it
Even the Sacraments have their foundation in God's Word. The Apostles are only messengers of God's Word as are the Prophets of Old.

Was it at the time of the first century reformation (Hebrews 9)Is that when succession of dying men began ?
I am speaking of the Church Christ mentions in Mt 16 and Mt 18.

They are all gone?
All except the charlatans that believe they hear from God apart from His Word or designate themselves as Vicar of Christ.

All except the charlatans that believe they hear from God apart from His Word or designate themselves as Vicar of Christ.
In your understanding what does “vicar of Christ” mean?

Matt 28:19-20
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:2-8
1 Jn 4:6
Imply apostolic succession until Christ returns
All nations and all men must be taught of Christ and His church
And justified in baptism

In your understanding what does “vicar of Christ” mean?
I would think it reveal's the Catholics daysman. That they must according to a law of dying mankind call a Pope, Holy Father, Holy See, Vicar of Christ many titles of honor. Not only vicar of Christ.

"

Daysman = Fleshly dying infallible umpire that sits between dying mankind seen "the temporal" and our invisible Holy Father not seen, the "eternal"

Job 9:32-33 King James Version3 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

Christ is the vicar of Christ" The husband.

Christ name his bride after the founder of the city "Christian" literally meaning. "Residence of the city of Christ prepared for his bride the church. ". The beautiful city

A sole representative of Jesus Christ here on earth.
No cos it applies to all the apostles / bishops but specifically to the successor of peter

But really it is Christ acting in and thru his apostolic church

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Thks

Back