• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Some things written by the RCC are shocking.

Obeying incarnate devils is occultism.
The path of brainwashing the RCC expects it's members to follow is atrocious.
Its just a fugure of speach you dont have to go off the deep end!

Do we owe obedience to Christ the king?

Its just a fugure of speach you dont have to go off the deep end!

Do we owe obedience to Christ the king?
Don…would you mind saying what church/organization you align with?

Don…would you mind saying what church/organization you align with?
Traditional Roman Catholic

But of course there is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Only Jesus Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

All others are heretical sects the tradition of men!

thks

Do you realize when you make a statement of definition like this that you are claiming to be equal to christ and scripture?
I am not claiming any kind of authority. I stating what THE authority states----the word of God.

Romans 9:33 As it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame,"

1 Cor 10:4 And all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

Eph 2:19-22 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the Apostles' and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

So see, I said nothing that is not in Scripture. That is why Scripture alone is the authority. An example of claiming to be equal with Christ and scripture would be the RCC Taking the Eph verse and claiming the RCC hierarchy are equal to the apostles that Christ appointed.
Only one mediator too!
The RCC makes itself above the authority of God's word by adding mediators, a whole plethora of them, instead of Jesus.
Did peter receive this truth anout christ from “scripture alone”?
The truth about who Jesus is was revealed to Him by God---and no one receives that truth unless it is revealed to them by God. But yes, Peter did in a sense receive it from Scripture alone because all of it was testified to and prophesied in the OT Scripture he had as a Jew.
Or Jtb who received the word of God in the wilderness? Lk 3:2
I am a bit puzzled by your questions. DId John get it from the RCC?

So see, I said nothing that is not in Scripture. That is why Scripture alone is the authority.
🤔 ... then we would all be of the same faith. Looks like thousands of independent interpretations lead to multiple denominations

🤔 ... then we would all be of the same faith. Looks like thousands of independent interpretations lead to multiple denominations
The fact that scripture alone is the authority of Christian doctrine and tradition, has nothing to do with whether there are a multitude of interpretations. It still remains the authority. What is with this totalitarian attitude of the RCC that they brainwash into their followers.When are they going to bring out the uniforms and one hair style for all men and another for all women, and force all the children of all the people into one encampment and turn them into little robots, all of one mind, just like their parents and the Pope. Oh wait, he gets to be the one mind.

Traditional Roman Catholic

But of course there is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Only Jesus Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

All others are heretical sects the tradition of men!

thks
Thanks. Now I understand where you are coming from.

I am not claiming any kind of authority. I stating what THE authority states----the word of God.

Romans 9:33 As it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame,"

1 Cor 10:4 And all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

Eph 2:19-22 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the Apostles' and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

So see, I said nothing that is not in Scripture. That is why Scripture alone is the authority. An example of claiming to be equal with Christ and scripture would be the RCC Taking the Eph verse and claiming the RCC hierarchy are equal to the apostles that Christ appointed.

The RCC makes itself above the authority of God's word by adding mediators, a whole plethora of them, instead of Jesus.

The truth about who Jesus is was revealed to Him by God---and no one receives that truth unless it is revealed to them by God. But yes, Peter did in a sense receive it from Scripture alone because all of it was testified to and prophesied in the OT Scripture he had as a Jew.

You made a declaration on your own authority you did not say it was from scripture! Sorry

What book of the bible did peter get his revelation about christ from?

What book did JTB get the word of God from?

Who administers the kingdom since Christ ascended to heaven? or who more precisely who did Christ appoint to administer His kingdom before He ascended to heaven?

In the past covenants the mediator always remained on earth mediating the covenant between God and man

But Christ is King and no king administers his own kingdom but appoints a prime minister and cabinet to so for him

Thks

You made a declaration on your own authority you did not say it was from scripture! Sorry
I am thinking that because you see the only valid authority as Rome, that anything anyone else says is invalid.
Difficult to have a reasonable discussion under those circumstances.
Am I wrong?

Jesus added them!

Matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:17-18
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 21:20-23
Etc.

I am thinking that because you see the only valid authority as Rome, that anything anyone else says is invalid.
Difficult to have a reasonable discussion under those circumstances.
Am I wrong?
Christ is our teacher!
But this extends to His church as He commanded! Matt 28:19

And whats yours
I am most closely aligned with Reformed thinking. If you wish to know what I believe about what I see as the most important truths that all His sons should grasp…click on the link in my signature.
I believe, if those things are held, much error is avoided.

I am most closely aligned with Reformed thinking. If you wish to know what I believe about what I see as the most important truths that all His sons should grasp…click on the link in my signature.
I believe, if those things are held, much error is avoided.
Thank you for sharing.... that is the crux of it all though.... What you believe as the most important truths. What if you are wrong? What if your neighbor at church in the same assembly has a different list of 'important truths'?

Thanks

Thank you for sharing.... that is the crux of it all though.... What you believe as the most important truths. What if you are wrong? What if your neighbor at church in the same assembly has a different list of 'important truths'?

Thanks
Then we will reason together over scripture while asking the Lord for Help. The reality of this period of time we live in…is that there are many factions. Most have, by God’s Grace, agree on the core of the Gospel. Both Jesus and the Apostles told us in clear terms that false teachers would plague the Body of Christ until He returns.

Thanks
Have you read what I wrote in that link? It’s possible you may learn something, but you must be of a mind to be proved wrong.
I spent many years doing just that.
Jesus, Himself, has taught me key points directly.
Why is that so?
Because He chose me to be His son and delights in Teaching me via the Paraclete.
Every single member of His Body is vital and not one of us are the same for the same reasons.

Back