• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Some things written by the RCC are shocking.

Would you mind explaining exactly what you mean by truth?
I will build my church... keys to Peter... Holy Spirit protects, etc. [no expiration date]

now we come to a man [Catholic] who has disagreement with that Church [stated above]. IF we are wrong, why did God allow 1,500 years to go by with false protection from the Holy Spirit?

By the way @Carbon, I enjoy your site more than the other one!!!

I will build my church... keys to Peter... Holy Spirit protects, etc. [no expiration date]

now we come to a man [Catholic] who has disagreement with that Church [stated above]. IF we are wrong, why did God allow 1,500 years to go by with false protection from the Holy Spirit?
Or, why did God wait up until the 1500’s to reform the church?
Well ya know Arch, some things belong to God’s secret council.

Or, why did God wait up until the 1500’s to reform the church?
Reform what is protected?

Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.

Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.”
Well ya know Arch, some things belong to God’s secret council.
(y) :sneaky:

Scripture declares while Paul was in Rome, he had many brothers visiting him for quite a long time.
He was yet teaching and admonishing though imprisoned and the Lord made sure the nature of his captivity allowed for access to him…Peter? Never mentioned.

Scripture declares while Paul was in Rome, he had many brothers visiting him for quite a long time.
He was yet teaching and admonishing though imprisoned and the Lord made sure the nature of his captivity allowed for access to him…Peter? Never mentioned.
Amen. And it’s obvious that the RCC desires that Peter was there. If he was, everything would fit better for them

1Peter 5:13 The chosen one at Babylon sends you greeting, as does Mark, my son.

[Babylon was the code word used in the early centuries for Rome]

Romans 15:20 Thus I aspire to proclaim the gospel not where Christ has already been named, so that I do not build on another’s foundation,

Whose foundation would keep Paul on the outside for awhile?

Reform what is protected?

Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.

Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.”

(y) :sneaky:
You haven’t proved Christ set up what is called the “Roman” Catholic Church.

And if you continue to push such, then prove it. Show why it’s okay and safe to put that organization in charge of such a church. Especially when it’s supposed leaders corrupted their system and why do many other anti Christian practices exist in it?

You have a lot of explaining to do.

Like I said, should have listened to Luther

Ya know, these discussion can be conducted in the way scripture teaches. And speak the truth in love.
AMEN!

James 5:19-20 My brothers, if anyone among you should stray from the truth and someone bring him back,
he should know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

1 Pet 3:15-16 Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who defame your good conduct in Christ may themselves be put to shame.

1Peter 5:13 The chosen one at Babylon sends you greeting, as does Mark, my son.

[Babylon was the code word used in the early centuries for Rome]

Romans 15:20 Thus I aspire to proclaim the gospel not where Christ has already been named, so that I do not build on another’s foundation,

Whose foundation would keep Paul on the outside for awhile?
You know that’s debatable Arch. 😎

Jesus is the Rock, not Peter, and it is upon Jesus that Peter, having had that revelation given to him, that Peter and the other apostles would preach the word to all Judea and from there it would go to the ends of the earth.
Jesus is the rock of our salvation yes but not the rock the church is built on peter is, cos christ is the builder matt 16:18 eph 2:20

It is Jesus Christ who identifies only peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27
(And allows peter to act as mediator with the Pharisees)

Matt 16:17-19
Why is Peter even mentioned?
Why does Jesus change His name?
Why does Jesus say Peter is blessed?
Why does Jesus give Peter the keys of the kingdom (jurisdictional authority)
Why does Jesus give Peter power to bind and loose?
Why does scripture say God chose Peter? Acts 15:7
What does Peter standing up signify? Acts 1:15 & 15:7

Peter’s person blessed not a confession of faith!
Peter’s person received the keys not a confession of faith!
God always establishes peace and order in his kingdom by obedience to the fathers in hierarchical authority!

Do Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, in acts 5 believe it is a confession of faith that has authority or peter?

Cos there both dead by peter’s authority!

Thanks

The pope succession thing falls apart because we have zero scriptural evidence Peter even made it to Rome, nevermind leading the church there. Paul certainly was.
1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Babylon is pagan Rome!

Back