• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Our incomprehensible God.

Carbon

Courage, dear heart.
Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
So many for ages have denied the Trinity.
But, like many believers have said, "If you allow all of scripture to speak, you are forced to a doctrine of the Trinity."

The only way we can know and comprehend anything about God is by and through scripture. This incomprehensible God, who is of Himself and for Himself, cannot be made known to His creatures but by Himself. Men and angels cannot know Him any further than He is pleased to reveal Himself unto them.

And I heard the angel of the waters saying, “Righteous are You, the One who is and who was, O Holy One, because You judged these things; Revelation 16:5. And Jesus (who is the one and same God with His Father) is the same yesterday, today and forever - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. Heb13:8.

This first and independent Being cannot be measured in itself, because it is infinite, nor in its causes, for it has no causes, but is from itself, of itself, by itself and for itself; for as the apostles says: " all things are of him, and through him, and to him, to him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11.

Thoughts?

What they did in Acts 17:11 is the correct approach. They didn't base it on their so-called reasoning or what they thought was logical, but what the Scripture teaches.

But, like many believers have said, "If you allow all of scripture to speak, you are forced to a doctrine of the Trinity."

The only way we can know and comprehend anything about God is by and through scripture. This incomprehensible God, who is of Himself and for Himself, cannot be made known to His creatures but by Himself. Men and angels cannot know Him any further than He is pleased to reveal Himself unto them.

And I heard the angel of the waters saying, “Righteous are You, the One who is and who was, O Holy One, because You judged these things; Revelation 16:5. And Jesus (who is the one and same God with His Father) is the same yesterday, today and forever - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. Heb13:8.

This first and independent Being cannot be measured in itself, because it is infinite, nor in its causes, for it has no causes, but is from itself, of itself, by itself and for itself; for as the apostles says: " all things are of him, and through him, and to him, to him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11.

Thoughts?
Yes. I especially like Col 1:15-20 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together, And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

Any one who thinks a mere human creature could qualify to any of that, or that a mere human creature could pay for all the sins of all His people, is out of their mind and delusional. The substitute would have to be eternal and selfeixistent and---well--He would have to be God. If He were a human creation the above would have God creating another God out of a person.

Yes. I especially like Col 1:15-20 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together, And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

Any one who thinks a mere human creature could qualify to any of that, or that a mere human creature could pay for all the sins of all His people, is out of their mind and delusional. The substitute would have to be eternal and selfeixistent and---well--He would have to be God. If He were a human creation the above would have God creating another God out of a person.
So you believe "So many for ages have denied the Trinity." too?

Do you deny the truth that trine god believers are one of the vast majority of religions?

So you believe "So many for ages have denied the Trinity." too?

Do you deny the truth that trine god believers are one of the vast majority of religions?
I haven't checked the numbers and it is irrelevant.

Thoughts?
I would think three is a crowd. Two is the witness one God has spoken .The unseen Holy Father the anointing teacher Christ displaying his power through the Son of man Jesus . The dynamic duo . Three throughout the bible represents the end of a matter.

Jesus the Christ is the same yesterday and today forever.

Not Jesus the Son of man dying mankind. His flesh returned to the dust ..

What they did in Acts 17:11 is the correct approach. They didn't base it on their so-called reasoning or what they thought was logical, but what the Scripture teaches.
Amen brother!

No, it is not.

It is part of the OP.

OP should not be given false information about Christianity.
You did not ask the OP you ask me, and I don't know the numbers. It is irrelevant because the truthfulness or untruthfulness of a thing is not established by numbers of people who believe or disbelieve.

You did not ask the OP you ask me, and I don't know the numbers. It is irrelevant because the truthfulness or untruthfulness of a thing is not established by numbers of people who believe or disbelieve.
You seem to be deliberately skipping what he says in OP.

So disingenuous.

5 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5.

5 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5.
This does not justify your spreading a false witness about triune churches are not one of the vast majority.

I am pointing out this because Jesus says to narrow the way to life and only a few find it.

Though the words Trinity, Trin-unity, and consubstantial are not to be found in scripture, yet that which is signified by those words may be clearly proved by the holy scriptures.
"These three are one;" I and my Father are one" - behold a Trinity, Trin-unity, consubstantiality, and all quickly proven.

Augustine.

This does not justify your spreading a false witness about triune churches are not one of the vast majority.

I am pointing out this because Jesus says to narrow the way to life and only a few find it.
Why do you deny the truth?

It is the false teaching which denies the Trinity that the church has rejected. Hope you will see that truth in time as this thread continues.

And how you can deny such explicit truth in 1 John amazes me.

@grace2

Here friend, read again what @Fred has written.

Pay close attention to it and consider his words.

And how you can deny such explicit truth in 1 John amazes me.
I don't deny anything that's in the Bible.

I deny all of your flawed apologetics which is all out of context.

that's how it goes when you are not reading the Bible with an open mind.

Back