• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Our incomprehensible God.

I don't deny anything that's in the Bible.

I deny all of your flawed apologetics which is all out of context.

that's how it goes when you are not reading the Bible with an open mind.
Ha, would you like to go through 1 John 5?

@grace2

Here friend, read again what @Fred has written.

Pay close attention to it and consider his words.
I don't follow any of what he claims.

His repetitious claims are so boring that I put him on ignore.

Your repetitious claims are more than enough, friend.

Ha, would you like to go through 1 John 5?
@grace2

If you would like to consider 1 John 5, you will see a Trinity. But let's let scripture speak, and it alone, let's avoid all carnal expressions in the discussion.

I don't follow any of what he claims.

His repetitious claims are so boring that I put him on ignore.

Your repetitious claims are more than enough, friend.
Well, thats to bad you feel that way.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1 John 5.
@grace2 How do you find your way around this?

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. Acts 20.

@grace2

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16.

Great is the mystery. This is why you cannot know of the Trinity on man's knowledge and wisdom.

And again: "If you allow all of scripture to speak, you are forced to a doctrine of the Trinity."

@grace2 A question..................................

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Phil 2:6.

.......................What does it mean and how can it be to not think it robbery to be equal with God?

Would you explain this?

You seem to be deliberately skipping what he says in OP.

So disingenuous.
I skipped nothing. Stop arguing and post something of substance that actually pertains to the OP. That would require you to prove with something besides pithy opinions that God is not triune.

I don't deny anything that's in the Bible.
Not even the writings of Paul? Not even denying that Jesus personally appointed him as an apostle to teach the foundational doctrines of His church---which includes the Trinity?

Not even the writings of Paul? Not even denying that Jesus personally appointed him as an apostle to teach the foundational doctrines of His church---which includes the Trinity?
@grace2
So far, IMO you are doing exactly that.

Not even the writings of Paul?
I don't need Paul's word to defend Jesus' teachings.

Jesus Himself doing an excellent job defending Himself.

You guys don't have much confidence in Jesus' teachings.

@grace2
So far, IMO you are doing exactly that.
So?

God is the Judge who is spreading a false gospel.

Jesus says to judge justly.

We will know who is the false witnesses when the time comes for judgment.

I don't need Paul's word to defend Jesus' teachings.

Jesus Himself doing an excellent job defending Himself.
What? Do you believe they were in disagreement?

@grace2

I can't help but wonder if your leaders have taught you to use the words of scripture to teach or to run off and hide when the going gets rough. I guess we will see.

@grace2
or any other that denies the Trinity. A question..................................

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Phil 2:6.

.......................What does it mean and how can it be to not think it robbery to be equal with God?

Would you explain this?

So many for ages have denied the Trinity.
But, like many believers have said, "If you allow all of scripture to speak, you are forced to a doctrine of the Trinity."

The only way we can know and comprehend anything about God is by and through scripture. This incomprehensible God, who is of Himself and for Himself, cannot be made known to His creatures but by Himself. Men and angels cannot know Him any further than He is pleased to reveal Himself unto them.

And I heard the angel of the waters saying, “Righteous are You, the One who is and who was, O Holy One, because You judged these things; Revelation 16:5. And Jesus (who is the one and same God with His Father) is the same yesterday, today and forever - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. Heb13:8.

This first and independent Being cannot be measured in itself, because it is infinite, nor in its causes, for it has no causes, but is from itself, of itself, by itself and for itself; for as the apostles says: " all things are of him, and through him, and to him, to him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11.

Thoughts?
The distinction between biblical rationality and rationalism is a crucial one. The first sits in submission to God's revelation. The second pretends to be above God and His ways, and only allows what seems reasonable from the person's standpoint. Two different authoritative analysis are then present. The opening post makes clear that it stands upon biblical rationality.

Back