• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

I responded to it directly in post #70:

"It's along the same lines as Jesus being in the image of God (Colossians 1:15) or the form of God (Phil 2:6) and in such manner God is manifested in the flesh. Closely note, none of the examples outright say "Jesus is God" in the way you are. What you say isn't scripture.

Is your god the image, form, and/or manifestation of God or is your God God Himself?"
That is eisgesis. The Biblical text doesn't say "in such manner". It literally says "God was manifested in the flesh". Of course you cannot deal with that directly, so you add to it, "in such manner". That's very telling.

Will you please write your salavation testimony in the testimonies section of this website? Thank you. If you do that, I will not have to derail this thread by assuming you aren't even saved.

That is eisgesis. The Biblical text doesn't say "in such manner". It literally says "God was manifested in the flesh". Of course you cannot deal with that directly, so you add to it, "in such manner". That's very telling.
That doesn't mean God became a human. I gave you the proper exegesis and it seems you don't like it. A human being as God is idolatry. Is a human being descended from Adam your Lord God Almighty?

Will you please write your salavation testimony in the testimonies section of this website? Thank you. If you do that, I will not have to derail this thread by assuming you aren't even saved.
Demanding answers in a Bible discussion thread about my testimony isn't within the scope of this thread. Please stay on topic. You've been asked numerous times to do such. Are you reading my comments?
Of course, if you think you are God like Jesus was and is, you fell for the lie of the serpent in the garden of Eden. That would explain your antagonism to Christ being God. I know you probably can't see that yet, but you need to be born again first in order to see it spiritually.

That is not derailing the thread, it is directly tackling your arguments.

Of course, if you think you are God like Jesus was and is, you fell for the lie of the serpent in the garden of Eden. That would explain your antagonism to Christ being God. I know you probably can't see that yet, but you need to be born again first in order to see it spiritually.

That is not derailing the thread, it is directly tackling your arguments.
I have a testimony. Your lack knowledge and awareness of the details don't alter my status as a saved child of God and follower of Jesus. I believe the gospel: 1 Corinthians 15:1-3 and that Jesus is God's Son and the Messiah. God raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9.

There is absolutely nothing in the gospel about believing "Jesus is God" to be saved. I would suggest you consider that sincerely and prayerfully.

Now that that has been quikcly addressed can you please continue on about the thread's topic?

That doesn't mean God became a human. I gave you the proper exegesis and it seems you don't like it. A human being as God is idolatry. Is a human being descended from Adam your Lord God Almighty?
You did not give "proper exegesis" you gave eisegesis by adding "IN SUCH MANNER" when the text of the scripture does not say that. I think you need to study Biblical interpretation before you come here to teach other people.

There are innumerable references to Christ being God in the New Testament. I can do your homework for you and post all of them here, but that would constitute an unnecessary wall of text. The best thing is to link you to a google search of the relevant Biblical verses that state Jesus is God. But even if I did that, you would twist the meanings of the text, so there is no real point. You have made up your mind already.

So when are you going to post your testimony?

I have a testimony. Your lack knowledge and awareness of the details don't alter my status as a saved child of God and follower of Jesus. I believe the gospel: 1 Corinthians 15:1-3 and that Jesus is God's Son and the Messiah. God raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9.

There is absolutely nothing in the gospel about believing "Jesus is God" to be saved. I would suggest you consider that sincerely and prayerfully.

Now that that has been quikcly addressed can you please continue on about the thread's topic?
I didn't ask you if you have a testimony, I told you to describe your salvation experience in detail. Didn't I? Why are you avoiding basic English?

You did not give "proper exegesis" you gave eisegesis by adding "IN SUCH MANNER" when the text of the scripture does not say that. I think you need to study Biblical interpretation before you come here to teach other people.
Ironic since you're clearly a trinitarian and the very doctrine isn't in the Bible. It's debunked by the Bible.

Jesus proved the "Spirit" isn't a third person in the Godhead who knows the Father and Son and vice versa. The Spirit is the Father. God is Holy and God is Spirit. The Father is the only true God, therefore the Father is Holy Spirit.

Matt 11​
27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

Jesus isn't the Holy Spirit

Matt 12​
32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.​

There are innumerable references to Christ being God in the New Testament. I can do your homework for you and post all of them here, but that would constitute an unnecessary wall of text. The best thing is to link you to a google search of the relevant Biblical verses that state Jesus is God. But even if I did that, you would twist the meanings of the text, so there is no real point. You have made up your mind already.
Regardless of whether or not I can look up all of the alleged proofs for what you think are references to Christ being God, I have already read them all anyway. This is a message board where you can discuss it with others.

So when are you going to post your testimony?
When or if I want to.

I didn't ask you if you have a testimony, I told you to describe your salvation experience in detail. Didn't I? Why are you avoiding basic English?
I'll do it when or if I want to. This thread isn't the place for that. I opened this thread to discuss the topic I wanted, not to discuss the topic you want.

Ironic since you're clearly a trinitarian the the very doctrine isn't in the Bible. It's debunked by the Bible.

Jesus proved the "Spirit" isn't a third person in the Godhead who knows the Father and Son and vice versa. The Spirit is the Father. God is Holy and God is Spirit. The Father is the only true God, therefore the Father is Holy Spirit.

Matt 11
27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.
Jesus isn't the Holy Spirit

Matt 12
32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.

Regardless of whether or not I can look up all of the alleged proofs for what you think are references to Christ being God, I have already read them all anyway. This is a message board where you can discuss it with others.

When or if I want to.
So just like I suspected from the very beginning, you refuse to share your testimony in detail regarding your experience of regeneration and being born again. That means you are suspect from the very outset.

Unitarianism is considered a cult, by the way.

Of course trinitarianism is orthodox Christian belief based on the Bible, and you cannot refute that. It has been held by most Christians for 2000 years. Your cult only came along in 100 plus years.

It's not about whether you have read the Biblical passages that show Jesus is God (and they all do), but whether you are spiritually capable of understanding them. Since you probably aren't born again, there's no way you could understand.

There is, starting with the fact that none other than one who is fully God in nature, that is self existent, eternal, all the omni's, pure and eternal holiness (not only morally but also as to otherness than what He creates, outside of it not inside of it), but who also has the nature of the one's for whom he makes substitutionary atonement, could possibly qualify to cover sin for all believers of all time. One single creature could never do such a thing, being a mere creature Himself. But also it is a part of Christianity. So to not believe in Christ's deity is to be Christian in an assumed name only.

So just like I suspected from the very beginning, you refuse to share your testimony in detail regarding your experience of regeneration and being born again. That means you are suspect from the very outset.

Unitarianism is considered a cult, by the way.

Of course trinitarianism is orthodox Christian belief based on the Bible, and you cannot refute that. It has been held by most Christians for 2000 years. Your cult only came along in 100 plus years.

It's not about whether you have read the Biblical passages that show Jesus is God (and they all do), but whether you are spiritually capable of understanding them. Since you probably aren't born again, there's no way you could understand.

I think admin needs to get involved at this point since I have asked you kindly to stay on topic and you keep trying to derail this thread into a different topic.

The topic of this tread is that Jesus isn't prayed to in the Bible. In Matt 6:6,9 Jesus prescribes prayer to the Father only.

There is, starting with the fact that none other than one who is fully God in nature, that is self existent, eternal, all the omni's, pure and eternal holiness (not only morally but also as to otherness than what He creates, outside of it not inside of it), but who also has the nature of the one's for whom he makes substitutionary atonement, could possibly qualify to cover sin for all believers of all time. One single creature could never do such a thing, being a mere creature Himself. But also it is a part of Christianity. So to not believe in Christ's deity is to be Christian in an assumed name only.
Also, salvation doesn't depend upon believing that Jesus is God. It is an act of grace on the human soul regardless of how much theology a person has understood intellectually. Nobody here claims that believing Jesus is God the Father constitutes being born again. But certainly a person will submit to Jesus as deity, THE SON OF GOD, as and when they have become more familiar with what the Bible, the word of God, states.

"And the WORD became FLESH and dwelt among us". Can't get more clearer than that, really.

and yet there isn't a single line about believing Jesus is God in the gospel. I would also note that God is a person, not a nature. The divine nature is something normal Christians (should) have according to Peter. Furthmore, Colossians 1:15 calls Jesus the firstborn of (God's) creation. A firstborn refers to Jesus as God's begotten Son. Being a son necessitates a beginning point, therefore Jesus isn't God. Hence the Father is called the only true God in John 17:3.

2 Peter 1
4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

I think admin needs to get involved at this point since I have asked you kindly to stay on topic and you keep trying to derail this thread into a different topic.

The topic of this tread is that Jesus isn't prayed to in the Bible. In Matt 6:6,9 Jesus prescribes prayer to the Father only.
You are clearly not familiar with the Bible. There are prayers to Jesus in every beginning of Paul's epistles.

Admins here don't support Unitarianism, a new cult that denies Orthodox Christian belief.

You are clearly not familiar with the Bible. There are prayers to Jesus in every beginning of Paul's epistles.
The word "prayer" is never once used in conjunction with speaking to Jesus in the Bible. Talking to Jesus, asking Jesus, etc doesn't constitute a prayer.

and yet there isn't a single line about believing Jesus is God in the gospel. I would also note that God is a person, not a nature. The divine nature is something normal Christians (should) have according to Peter. Furthmore, Colossians 1:15 calls Jesus the firstborn of (God's) creation. A firstborn refers to Jesus as God's begotten Son. Being a son necessitates a beginning point, therefore Jesus isn't God. Hence the Father is called the only true God in John 17:3.

2 Peter 1
4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
This is also wrong. You claim your thread is about prayer to Jesus not existing in the Bible, but now you are derailing your own thread by changing the topic to Jesus being God.

Admins here don't support Unitarianism, a new cult that denies Orthodox Christian belief.
Admins support the rules of this forum. Pretty classless and tasteless you are aggressively trying to derail this thread.

This is also wrong. You claim your thread is about prayer to Jesus not existing in the Bible, but now you are derailing your own thread by changing the topic to Jesus being God.
Part of the thesis of the first post of this thread is that Jesus isn't God. Please go back and read post #1. I am obviously not derailing my own thread.

Therefore Jesus isn't God and he denied it:

Mark 1018“Why do you call me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.
Here's a quote from post # 1. There is nothing in it about my offering my testimony here.

Admins support the rules of this forum. Pretty classless and tasteless you are aggressively trying to derail this thread.
Evidently you aren't familiar with the fact that this forum is run by Reformed Christians. Reformed Protestants aren't in a cult. I'm sure you aren't going to attempt to get me banned just because you cannot refute me. Nor would any admin do that unless they were also in the Unitarian cult.

Back