• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Those do not justify dismissing Jesus' word.

It is just muddying the facts.
I've prayed to Jesus and have prayers answered and I know of many people who have prayed to Jesus and have had their prayers answered...

If praying to Jesus is wrong....why have the prayers been answered. Perhaps Runningman would suggest it was really Satan who answered the prayers.

I've prayed to Jesus and have prayers answered and I know of many people who have prayed to Jesus and have had their prayers answered...

If praying to Jesus is wrong....why have the prayers been answered. Perhaps Runningman would suggest it was really Satan who answered the prayers.
It is your word against Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord. His Word goes.

I am only spreading what Jesus says.

It is your word against Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord. His Word goes.

I am only spreading what Jesus says.
You've lost me....are you say you can't pray to Jesus?

You can if you want to.
Then what does it matter?
But that's not what Jesus says.

You are only correcting Jesus' word.
Did Paul correct Jesus' words?

Considering Jesus is God, as well as the Holy Spirit, why can't one pray to all 3?

Does or should every prayer have to satrt off with...Our Father,

They cannot prove any of those becasue there is no word from Jesus' testimony which is crucial for salvation. OTO, There is proof they are wrong. But they never admit it.
If there was any sort of prescription to pray to Jesus in the Bible they would be parading it all over the place. Since they don't have that, the next best thing is they deny Jesus' teaching on prayer. He explicitly said pray to the Father. Some believe it and accept it, some don't. I stopped making the assumption that all of those who assign the title of Christian to themselves actually want to obey him or believe him.

Last edited:
Matt 9:24 But Jesus knew what they were thinking and said, “Why do you harbor evil in your hearts?
I don't think it's a stretch to say that when Jesus said in front of the scribes, “Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven..." they they would have no doubt thought evil of Jesus for saying such. Besides, my point was that Jesus doesn't know the hearts of "all" people.

If there was any sort of prescription to pray to Jesus in the Bible they would be parading it all over the place. Since they don't have that, the next best thing is they deny Jesus' teaching on prayer. He explicitly said pray to the Father. Some believe it and accept it, some don't. I stopped making the assumption that all of those who assign the title of Christian to themselves actually want to obey him or believe him.
The New Testament is full of references to Jesus being God, and the Old Testament also. It seems to me you are in a cult if you don't accept those things. Paul and Peter cast demons out of people in Jesus' name, which is a form of prayer. You definitely must be in a cult if you deny that. Are you a JWs or a Mormon? If you aren't, say "No I am not".

I don't think it's a stretch to say that when Jesus said in front of the scribes, “Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven..." they they would have no doubt thought evil of Jesus for saying such. Besides, my point was that Jesus doesn't know the hearts of "all" people.
I see you are a unitarian. When were you saved or born again? Tell us what happened to you at that moment, describe it in sufficient detail so that people don't have to prod you for more information or speculate further.

Jesus knew their thoughts.....

Are you saying Jesus doesn't know your thoughts?

I see you are a unitarian. When were you saved or born again? Tell us what happened to you at that moment, describe it in sufficient detail so that people don't have to prod you for more information or speculate further.
You replied to my comment with something off topic. Please don't try to derail this thread. Thank you.

Jesus knew their thoughts.....

Are you saying Jesus doesn't know your thoughts?
The Bible doesn't say Jesus knows the thoughts of all people in the way God does. Therefore he isn't God.

I've learned not to expect a straight answer from the cult mentality......after all they are following the father of lies

I've learned not to expect a straight answer from the cult mentality......after all they are following the father of lies
Jesus is a human therefore he isn't God. What you have is called idolatry.

Exodus 20
2“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3You shall have no other gods before Me.

4You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6but showing loving devotion to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.

The Bible doesn't say Jesus knows the thoughts of all people in the way God does. Therefore he isn't God.
Why would that mean Jesus isn't God? Are you one of those that keep denying the kenosis?
That makes no sense...especially when there are so many verses that show Jesus is God.

I love John 1 where the logos manifested a human and God gave him light. Read 1 John 1.
Especially the part where John tells us the Word is God....and became flesh. Go read it...it's there.

Why would that mean Jesus isn't God? Are you one of those that keep denying the kenosis?
That makes no sense...especially when there are so many verses that show Jesus is God.
You quoted Matt 9 where the context proves Jesus isn't God. God gave such men the power/authority to do what they did.

Matt 9
3On seeing this, some of the scribes said to themselves, “This man is blaspheming!”

4But Jesus knew what they were thinking and said, “Why do you harbor evil in your hearts? 5Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk?’ 6But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...” Then He said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your mat, and go home.” 7And the man got up and went home.

8When the crowds saw this, they were filled with awe and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.

Back