• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Runningman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Faith
Unitarian Christian
Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God. Jesus taught all of his disciples to pray only to God the Father (Matt 6:6,9)

YHWH knows the hearts of all:

1 Kings 8​
39be heard by You[YHWH] from heaven, Your dwelling place. And may You forgive and act, and repay each man according to all his ways, since You know his heart—for You alone know the hearts of all men—

Jesus does not know the hearts of all:

Revelation 2​
23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.​

Jesus isn't YHWH:

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Jesus was never prayed to:

Acts 1​
24And they prayed, “Lord,[YHWH] You know everyone’s heart..."

Therefore Jesus isn't God and he denied it:

Mark 10​
18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.​

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God. Jesus taught all of his disciples to pray only to God the Father (Matt 6:6,9)

YHWH knows the hearts of all:

1 Kings 8​
39be heard by You[YHWH] from heaven, Your dwelling place. And may You forgive and act, and repay each man according to all his ways, since You know his heart—for You alone know the hearts of all men—

Jesus does not know the hearts of all:

Revelation 2​
23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.​

Jesus isn't YHWH:

You affirmed Revelation 2:23 refers to God and not to Jesus.
https://christcentered.community.fo...-the-most-holy-trinity.1317/page-6#post-53237

Massive blunder on your part.

You affirmed Revelation 2:23 refers to God and not to Jesus.
https://christcentered.community.fo...-the-most-holy-trinity.1317/page-4#post-52902

Massive blunder on your part.
Jesus taught all of his followers that when they pray to pray to the Father. Matt 6:6,9. There is never a point where the word "prayer" is used in associating with communicating with Jesus is all of scripture. :)

Furthermore, there are no examples of Jesus knowing the hearts of all. There is no proof Jesus is YHWH. There is no proof Jesus is God.

Jesus taught all of his followers that when they pray to pray to the Father.

You dodged Revelation 2:23 even though it was in your OP.

Who is the speaker in Revelation 2:23?

You dodged Revelation 2:23 even though it was in your OP.

Who is the speaker in Revelation 2:23?
Revelation 2:23 doesn't say Jesus knows the hearts of all. On the other hand, YHWH does know the hearts of all. Jesus isn't YHWH. Jesus isn't God. He was never prayed to in the Bible. The Bible proves this. Read the OP again.

Revelation 2:23 doesn't say Jesus knows the hearts of all. On the other hand, YHWH does know the hearts of all. Jesus isn't YHWH. Jesus isn't God. He was never prayed to in the Bible. The Bible proves this. Read the OP again.

My question from post 4 went unanswered.
Try again.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible​

The fact that it was Jesus himself who appointed all of the other apostles, suggests that the prayer in Acts 1:24 is addressed to him. The dying Stephen prays “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit (Acts 7:59). The prayer “Our Lord, come!” (1 Corinthians 16:22) is addressed to Jesus, as is the prayer in Revelation 22:20b. And Paul also prayed to “the Lord” in 2 Corinthians 12:8 concerning his thorn in the flesh. There is therefore clear enough scriptural warrant to encourage us to pray to the Son.
Author Unknown

Therefore, Jesus was prayed to in the Bible.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible​

The fact that it was Jesus himself who appointed all of the other apostles, suggests that the prayer in Acts 1:24 is addressed to him. The dying Stephen prays “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit (Acts 7:59). The prayer “Our Lord, come!” (1 Corinthians 16:22) is addressed to Jesus, as is the prayer in Revelation 22:20b. And Paul also prayed to “the Lord” in 2 Corinthians 12:8 concerning his thorn in the flesh. There is therefore clear enough scriptural warrant to encourage us to pray to the Son.
Author Unknown

Therefore, Jesus was prayed to in the Bible.
Acts 4, the disciples John and Peter once again prayed to the Sovereign Lord, creator of heaven and earth while referring to Jesus as His servant. That would indicate that Jesus is not the proper recipient of prayer in accordance with Matt 6:6,9 where Jesus explicitly prescribed prayer to the Father only. There is no precedent for praying to Jesus because he isn't God.

Praying to God:

Acts 4​
23On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. 24When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.

Not praying to God:

Acts 4​
27...holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.​

You quoted Revelation 2:23 in the OP and that is what I am asking about.

Incredible.
I addressed it in post #5. Incredible. Read please.

I addressed it in post #5. Incredible. Read please.

You affirmed that, "Revelation 2:23 doesn't say Jesus knows the hearts of all."

That is not an admission that you believe Jesus is the speaker. I want to be clear because elsewhere you affirmed this passage doesn't refer to Jesus.

You can stop hiding now.

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God.
Hmmm ... interested stance to take.

Consider:
John 20:31 I write these things to you that you might believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that by believing you may have life in His name.
1 John 5:12 I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Some verses seem to strongly suggest that salvation (salvation is founded upon faith and faith by definition requires content which is facts to believed) and "the belief that Christ is God" go hand and hand.
28 Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God.

Refuted here:

In post 93 you asserted:
"Asking someone for something in heaven isn't praying to them."

In post 94 I asked:
"How's your communication with others besides God in heaven coming along?"

In post 98 you replied:
"Great."

In post 100 I wrote for you to:
"List some who you talk to that are in heaven."

And since this time you have continually dodging doing so.

Why are you hiding?

Refuted here:

In post 93 you asserted:
"Asking someone for something in heaven isn't praying to them."

In post 94 I asked:
"How's your communication with others besides God in heaven coming along?"

In post 98 you replied:
"Great."

In post 100 I wrote for you to:
"List some who you talk to that are in heaven."

And since this time you have continually dodging doing so.

Why are you hiding?
Jesus only taught his disciples to pray to the Father. Not to pray to himself or anyone else. If the disciples were to suddenly pray to Jesus that would be sacrilege. It never happened in the Bible.

Jesus prescribed praying to the Father only:

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be Your name.

You affirmed that, "Revelation 2:23 doesn't say Jesus knows the hearts of all."

That is not an admission that you believe Jesus is the speaker. I want to be clear because elsewhere you affirmed this passage doesn't refer to Jesus.

You can stop hiding now.
Revelation 2:23 doesn't say Jesus knows the hearts of all because he doesn't. He isn't God.

Hmmm ... interested stance to take.

Consider:
John 20:31 I write these things to you that you might believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that by believing you may have life in His name.
Consider John 3:16 where God does the saving through Jesus for those who believe.

1 John 5:12 I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
John 3:16 again. Believe in the Son for eternal life. Where does eternal life source from? The Father.

John 12
49I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it. 50And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.”
Some verses seem to strongly suggest that salvation (salvation is founded upon faith and faith by definition requires content which is facts to believed) and "the belief that Christ is God" go hand and hand.
"Christ is God" is not a point in the gospel.

In John 20:17 Jesus said the God of his brothers is the Father. It follows that when Jesus' brother, Thomas, said "my God" in John 20:28 that he was referring to his God, the Father. That isn't about Jesus being God.

Back