• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Evidently you aren't familiar with the fact that this forum is run by Reformed Christians. Reformed Protestants aren't in a cult. I'm sure you aren't going to attempt to get me banned just because you cannot refute me. Nor would any admin do that unless they were also in the Unitarian cult.
The owner of this forum personally invited me here. You seem to have no idea that this forum isn't just for Calvinists to hang out and agree with each other all day. Part of any healthy forum is diversity of perspective and opinion. This is how forums thrive with discussion.

Part of the thesis of the first post of this thread is that Jesus isn't God. Please go back and read post #1. I am obviously not derailing my own thread.

Here's a quote from post # 1. There is nothing in it about my offering my testimony here.
You certainly have decided that this thread can be split into 2 -

a) Nobody prays to Jesus in the Bible

b) Jesus is not God.

Make up your mind what you want to talk about specifically, otherwise you are derailing your own thread.

The owner of this forum personally invited me here. You seem to have no idea that this forum isn't just for Calvinists to hang out and agree with each other all day. Part of any healthy forum is diversity of perspective and opinion. This is how forums thrive with discussion.
You missed my point. You are attempting to get me banned because you cannot refute anything I have said, you have called me a troll etc. I never said this forum was only for Calvinists, I said it is run by them and you are in a CULT. Understand?

You certainly have decided that this thread can be split into 2 -

a) Nobody prays to Jesus in the Bible

b) Jesus is not God.

Make up your mind what you want to talk about specifically, otherwise you are derailing your own thread.
This thread is multifaceted with supplementing facts that work toward a conclusion. One of them is that Jesus isn't prayed to in the Bible (the threads topic) and my conclusion that it means Jesus isn't God.

Doxologies that prove Jesus isn't God, like this one?

Ephesians 1
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
That doesn't prove Jesus isn't God. It proves that Paul prayed to Christ, which is a refutation of your OP and your argument!

You missed my point. You are attempting to get me banned because you cannot refute anything I have said, you have called me a troll etc. I never said this forum was only for Calvinists, I said it is run by them and you are in a CULT. Understand?
I don't want you banned, I just want you to listen to reason and calm requests to not derail my thread. You seem to not be hearing me. I have asked you repeatedly to stop demanding my testimony here. If I want to post it later I will; if not then I won't.

No harm no foul.

Just address the topic please.

This thread is multifaceted with supplementing facts that work toward a conclusion. One of them is that Jesus isn't prayed to in the Bible (the threads topic) and my conclusion that it means Jesus isn't God.
So it suits you to derail your own thread but when I ask you for your testimony of being born again that is derailing the thread, even though you claimed you would share your testimony and then backtracked into vagueness about when and if you would do it?

You are just dishonest. That means you are lying. It is a sin to lie.

So it suits you to derail your own thread but when I ask you for your testimony of being born again that is derailing the thread, even though you claimed you would share your testimony and then backtracked into vagueness about when and if you would do it?

You are just dishonest. That means you are lying. It is a sin to lie.
I would ask you to control your temperament and the continual goading. I have been warned about this in the past. Accusing me of sin, lying, and other miscellaneous ad hominems aren't a good look for you after you tried derailing this thread. Trust me.

Ephesians 1:1,2 isn't a prayer. It's praise.
I gave you the link to what a Doxology means. It means a form of prayer and worship. That means you didn't understand it. Not only that, but it is impossible you could have read that link in such a small amount of time that it took you to respond to me here. I suggest you take more time to respond to make sure you have got your answers correct before you rush into typing a response, just to make sure you haven't rashly made any mistakes.

I gave you the link to what a Doxology means. It means a form of prayer and worship. That means you didn't understand it. Not only that, but it is impossible you could have read that link in such a small amount of time that it took you to respond to me here. I suggest you take more time to respond to make sure you have got your answers correct before you rush into typing a response, just to make sure you haven't rashly made any mistakes.
I did read it. It mostly cites Catholic creeds which I disagree with. Are you Catholic?

Meriam-Webster defines a doxology as praise. It isn't about prayer.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/doxology

I did read it. It mostly cites Catholic creeds which I disagree with. Are you Catholic?

I am not Catholic.

If I am understanding you correctly, Jesus is not God and so nobody prays to Jesus. Yet, Jesus is the alpha and omega, the Word, and Thomas said to him "My Lord and my GOD". Jesus accepted worship, as we can see from many Biblical passages. Otherwise, he would have told people not to worship him, which he never did.

Do you believe that a Hindu that believes that Krishna is God is saved?

You are clearly not familiar with the Bible. There are prayers to Jesus in every beginning of Paul's epistles.

Admins here don't support Unitarianism, a new cult that denies Orthodox Christian belief.
Do not presume to speak for any but yourself, and what we support as to doctrine or theology has nothing to do with how we moderate. That is according to the rules.

I think admin needs to get involved at this point since I have asked you kindly to stay on topic and you keep trying to derail this thread into a different topic.
We are involved but we are not all seeing and all knowing. Be patient or contact admin in the appropriate board or hit the report button.

See also[edit]​

I didn't ask you if you have a testimony, I told you to describe your salvation experience in detail. Didn't I? Why are you avoiding basic English?
He is not taking the bait as it is off topic.

Will you please write your salavation testimony in the testimonies section of this website? Thank you. If you do that, I will not have to derail this thread by assuming you aren't even saved.
A personal testimony is not the basis on which salvation is determined, and you should not derail a thread for any reason, certainly not to meet your own demands. Neither should you be going about passing judgement on anyone's salvation. That is the wheelhouse of God alone.

So just like I suspected from the very beginning, you refuse to share your testimony in detail regarding your experience of regeneration and being born again. That means you are suspect from the very outset.
A testimony is private, between the person and God, and not having a desire to share it is not the basis upon which a person is to be considered "suspect." A person's testimony is not what determines salvation.

Back