• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Trinity

civic

Freshman
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Marital status
Married
One God, 3 Persons- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit all each called God

All called God
The Father- Psalm 89:26, 1Corinthians 8:6, Galalatians 1:1, Colossians 1:3
The Son- 1 Timothy 1:16-17,John 20:28,Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1, 1 John 5:20
The Holy Spirit- Acts 5:3-4, Acts 28:25, cf Isaiah 6:8

All Creator
The Father- Isaiah 44:24, 1 Corinthians 8:6
The Son - Colossians 1:16; John 1:3
The Holy Spirit- Job 33:4, Psalms 104:30, Genesis 1:2

All Raised Jesus
The Father- 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10
The Son- John 2:19-21
The Holy Spirit- Romans 8:11

All Eternal
The Father- Psalm 93:2
The Son- Jesus Isaiah 9:6
The Holy Spirit- Hebrews 9:14

All Omniscient
The Father- Psalm 147:5
The Son -John 2:24-25
The Holy Spirit- Isaiah 40:13-14

All Omnipresent
The Father- Jeremiah 23:24
The Son - Matthew 28:18:20
The Holy Spirit- Psalm 139:7-10

All Omnipotent
The Father- Revelation 4:8
The Son- Matthew 28:18, Revelation 5:13
The Holy Spirit- Romans 15:19

The Trinity revealed in the O.T.

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Genesis 3:22
Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Genesis 11:7
Come, let Us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?

Isaiah 48:16
"Come near to Me, listen to this:
From the first I have not spoken in secret,
From the time it took place, I was there.
And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit."

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

Psalm 110:1
The Lord says to my Lord:
"Sit at My right hand
Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Zechariah 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.

The Trinity in Acton on behalf of the saints

Romans 8
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 7
The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing,24 but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently.25Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men,the man Christ Jesus,

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

And when God intercedes on our behalf rest assured it will come to pass !

Luke 22:32
but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail

Ephesians 1:3-14
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Father in 1:3-6
2-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Son in 1:7-12
3-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Holy Spirit in 1:13-14

1-Salvation is Assigned by the Father
2-Salvation is Achieved through the Son
3-Salvation is Active from the Holy Spirit

Hence once again we see the Trinity in Action in the life of the believer!

Salvation is administered and assigned by the Father, accomplished and achieved through the Son and applied and activated by the Holy Spirit. We see the Trinity in action in the Redemption of the believer.

hope this helps !!!

God is a Tri-Unity of Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are the one God. Each Person hears, sees, speaks, loves, etc., and these are demonstrations of personhood. They are in absolute perfect harmony consisting of one substance. They are coeternal, coequal, and copowerful. If any one of the 3 were removed, there would be no God.

Jesus, the Son, is one person with two natures: Divine and Human. This is called the Hypostatic Union. The Holy Spirit is also divine in nature and is self aware, the third person of the Trinity.

The word "person" is used to describe the three members of the Godhead because the word "person" is appropriate. A person is self aware, can speak, love, hate, say "you," "yours," "me," "mine," etc. Each of the three persons in the Trinity demonstrate these qualities.

Whats so hard to understand about God being Triune? The Father is not the the Son. The Son is not the the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the Father. God is a Tri-Unity of 3 Persons who are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is not three gods nor is the Trinity three beings. We call them "Persons" because each one of Them have a will, speak, teach, love, receive praise, prayer, share the same Glory, etc. These are all characteristics of person-hood. They are of one substance, nature, essence or Being. You cannot have the Father without the Son, the Son without the Father, The Son without the Holy Spirit or you would not have the God according to Scripture, you would have a false god or what is known as an idol.

hope this helps,

Thanks, @civic , for the posts above. I really appreciate having all these scripture references gathered in one place. :love: You’ve provided a very handy note-taking guide.

Thanks, @civic , for the posts above. I really appreciate having all these scripture references gathered in one place. :love: You’ve provided a very handy note-taking guide.
Thanks for the encouraging words !

My passion is the Trinity, Deity of Christ and the Bodily Resurrection of Christ which is the centerpiece of the gospel.

How can anyone who claims to believe the Bible is Gods word not see the True God ?

The Apostles in their writings reveal the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together in the believers life. They are distinct Persons within the One God.

John 15:26-27
"When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

John 16:5-8
"But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, Where are You going?' 6"But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go,I will send Him to you. 8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

John 16:13-15
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15"All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.
Matthew 3:16-17
16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."

Below we see the One Name singular and the Plurality of Persons that one is to be baptized in as a disciple .

Matt 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. "
Now below Paul will lay out our triune God below in these passages.

Rom 8:9-11
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Rom 8:14-17
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Rom 8:26-36
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 14:17-18
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.

1 Cor 2:10-16
10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Cor 12:3-6
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.

Titus 3:4-7
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

It would appear from Ezek 1:1-28 that God wears four hats rather than only three.
_

But, but, but....the word "Trinity" isn't used in the bible....so there is no trinity.;)
Correct but the concept is there for those with eyes to see.

1-God is One
2-The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each identified as God.
3- Tri ( 3 ) Unity (1)- Tri-Unity, Trinity

John 1:14 . . The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

The Word's flesh didn't come into the world as a divine man, rather, as a Jewish
infant whose human origin can be easily traced to David, Abraham, Noah, and
ultimately Adam. So the big question is: How did the Word's flesh climb up from
a creature made of dust to a position of deity? Is such a thing even possible?
_

Last edited:
So the big question is: How did the Word's flesh climb up from a creature made of dust to a position of deity? Is such a thing even possible?

He was already Deity (God) before He became flesh.

The Word's flesh didn't come into the world as a divine man, rather, as a Jewish
_
The bible doesn't say Jesus "climbed" up from a creature made of flesh.

The bible says the Word of God, who was God....became flesh in an event commonly know as the incarnation.

Hag 2:23 . . On that day-- declares The Lord Almighty --I will take you, my
servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, and I will make you like my signet ring, for I
have chosen you --declares The Lord Almighty.

That's reminiscent of a privilege in the book of Genesis wherein Pharaoh gave his
own personal signet to Joseph so that for all practical intents and purposes, Joseph
was given the authority to conduct business not only for Pharoah, and also as Pharaoh;
even towards his own kin. (Gen 44:18)

Now Zerubbabel himself never did become powerful as God's signet, but he
eventually became that powerful by means of his posterity because he's Jesus'
progenitor. (Matt 1:12)

In other words; as God's personal signet, Jesus is authorized to conduct business
for God as well as to conduct it for God as God. So; as Joseph was as much
as Pharaoh to the people of Egypt, so Jesus today is as much as God to the people
of the world. (Dan 7:13-14)
_

_
Just the Opposite, it’s called the Condescension, the Incarnation. God became man. God manifest in the flesh . All the fullness of Deity dwells in Him bodily .

In other words; as God's personal signet, Jesus is authorized to conduct business
for God as well as to conduct it for God as God. So; as Joseph was as much
as Pharaoh to the people of Egypt, so Jesus today is as much as God to the people
of the world. (Dan 7:13-14)

The comparison between Jesus and Joseph stops when it comes to the worship of Jesus. In fact, the very passage you cited (Daniel 7:14) demonstrates the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship.

The comparison between Jesus and Joseph stops when it comes to the worship of Jesus. In fact, the very passage you cited (Daniel 7:14) demonstrates the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship.
Yes it does indeed my friend

The comparison between Jesus and Joseph stops when it comes to the worship of
Jesus. In fact, the very passage you cited (Daniel 7:14) demonstrates the Lord
Jesus is the proper recipient of worship.

Joseph is only meant as a "type" rather than a parallel. But even so, Mr. Joseph
was given a pretty good measure of respect.

Gen 41:43 . . Pharaoh had him ride in his second chariot; and they proclaimed
before him: Bow the knee!

Compare that bowing of the knee with the passage below:

Phil 2:9-10 . .Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the
name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth.

The "highest place" is the throne of God, and "the name" is of course Jehovah
because there is no name above that one, viz: God bestowed upon Jesus the
privilege of identifying himself as God, for example:

Ps 45:6-7 . .Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is
the scepter of Thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, thy God, has anointed thee with the oil of joy above thy fellows.

The "oil of joy" speaks of the way kings and high priests were installed by means of
a sort of slimy baptism, and "thy fellows" refers to all the other kings in David's
dynasty, including David himself because God never gave David permission to
identify himself as Jehovah nor to be seated on Jehovah's throne.

Compare Matt 22:41-46 wherein I rather suspect the Pharisees knew very well
what Jesus was getting at but they dared not admit to it lest the elders prosecute
them for blaspheme.
_

Back