• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Why did the Son received glory from the Father?

You added that. Sorry, try again.

Yup, In this parallelism water is Spirit.

There are several instances in the bible where people have been saved prior to baptism.

I don't disagree. Problem for you is you don't seem to believe in Jesus and what He did in your place.

You are doing what Gal 5:4 says...you are trying to justify yourself by works....and in doing so you have cut yourself off from salvation.

You need repent and understand you're a sinner and Jesus paid 100% FOR YOUR SINS. Or remain in your sin and face the judgement.

Your problem is...and let me repeat...YOUR PROBLEM IS you sin everyday...which means according to your means of salvation...you have none.

For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

You are looking towards yourself for salvation...and therefor don't have salvation.

Once again you added to the bible by adding future salvation...that's a no-no.

OK, you've proven you don't know the way to salvation..and you've shown you don't really want to know the truth...It's the Holy Spirits time to work on your heart.
One at a time please

Jn 3:16 don’t help you
You must remain until death in a state of believing! He who believes (present tense)

I added what?

There are several instances in the bible where people have been saved prior to baptism.

I don't disagree. Problem for you is you don't seem to believe in Jesus and what He did in your place.

You are doing what Gal 5:4 says...you are trying to justify yourself by works....and in doing so you have cut yourself off from salvation.

You need repent and understand you're a sinner and Jesus paid 100% FOR YOUR SINS. Or remain in your sin and face the judgement.

Your problem is...and let me repeat...YOUR PROBLEM IS you sin everyday...which means according to your means of salvation...you have none.

For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

You are looking towards yourself for salvation...and therefor don't have salvation.

OK, you've proven you don't know the way to salvation..and you've shown you don't really want to know the truth...It's the Holy Spirits time to work on your heart.
In this parallelism water is Spirit.

Jn 3:5 now reads

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of spirit and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Spirit Spirit?

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Do but we must abide in Christ (Jn 15:4) suffer for Christ (Phil 1:29) practice virtues of Christ and endure to the end (Matt 24:13) be found faithful in Christ!

The whole purpose of creation is the glory of the Father through the glory of the Son.

Jn 15:1-4

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

You can’t say the branches are not saved (process of salvation) or not born again or spirit filled cos they were in Christ and connected to the vine!

The apostolic church is the mystical body of Christ.

A limb that has a cut off from the body dies, life remains with the body!

Serious Sin causes spiritual death and requires repentance before physical death makes the separation permanent. 1 Jn 5:16
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself....is speaking of you. You need to abide in Jesus rather than in yourself. You are adead branch. The good news is you don't have to be a dead branch...you don't have to be pruned.

One at a time please

I added what?
You added you must remain until death, That isn't in John 3:16.

It doesn't get any simpler....who ever belives will NOT perish but have eternal life. SO, if you believe you have eternal life. Do you know what etrnal means? It means what it says....eternal.....the verse doesn't say believe or continue to believe so that you MAY have etrnal life.

Now hear this donadams....stop making stuff up.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of spirit and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Spirit Spirit?

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Yes, water speaks of a description of the Holy Spirit. Now there is a couple different schools of thought on what Jesus meant when He said, “born of water.”.....you can learn about them here.

Keep in mind once again you added to scripture when you add baptism to the verse....all it says is water.

Do but we must abide in Christ (Jn 15:4) suffer for Christ (Phil 1:29) practice virtues of Christ and endure to the end (Matt 24:13) be found faithful in Christ!
DUDE...WAKE UP!....you've already failed to do what you have posted as requirements above. According to your theology you're going to Hell. Show me where I'm wrong and where you under your theology have any chance for salvation......you can't be faithful enough, endure enough, suffer enough, abide enough, be virtues enough....YOU CAN'T DO IT...period. You need to put all your faith in Jesus alone.

The whole purpose of creation is the glory of the Father through the glory of the Son.

Yes, it's an interesting thought. But let's look at letter "C" in the OP:

c). Before the Son's passion

John 8:54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.​
John 12:23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.​
John 12:27-30 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine.​
John 13:31-32 When he was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once.​
John 17:1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.​
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.​
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.​

Every time Jesus completes a work assignment he is glorified. The letter "C" glorifying wasn't referring to his glorified body or glorified in his exaltation. Because Jesus is glorified by the Father before his death. And the purpose of the Father glorifying the Son is done every time he finishes a work assignment. For example, in John 17:4:

I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.​

This particular glorifying is in reference to his death:

The hour has not come: John 2:4; 7:8; 7:30; 8:20
The hour has come: John 12:23, 27-33, 17:1, Acts 3:13

John 12:27-33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.​

And this glorifying is different and should be distinguished from both glorifying at water baptism and glorifying at transfiguration. But if Jesus was not glorified before his death, then we would not receive the Holy Spirit:

John 7:38-39 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified. (John 12:16, 23, 27-33 context).​

What about the saints receiving glory?

The Bible speak about God's glory as being intrinsic, the greatness of grandeur beauty and splendor, all-glorious in nature. God who was, is, and is to come, He is forever glorious and perfect, eternally the same, unchanging in His glory.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.​

To glorify someone means to bestow honor, praise or admiration on them. People tend to glorify other people. Like athletes are glorified for their physical talents and championships. Political leaders are glorified for their leadership. And Jesus is glorified by the Father as the "Beloved Son" and the love that accompanied it is eternal.

2 Peter 1:17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 17:24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.​

It's not the same in the sense that you never eternally existed with the Father and the Son. However, in John 17:5, the Son receives glory from the Father through their eternal relationship, mutual divine love, and the redemptive work accomplished on our behalf. The glory the Son shares with us is probably the "Union With Christ" as an abiding presence in the application of the Holy Spirit (John 14:20-23, John 15:4-12, John 17:21-23, 1 John 3:24) and fellowship with the Father and the Son (John 14:23, 1 John 1:3, 1 John 2:22-25, 1 John 5:20), which the Son receives glory from it.

John 17:10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.​

I added Jn 15;4 abide and

Mk 13:13 and Matt 24:13 which do say we must endure till death

You added you must remain until death, That isn't in John 3:16.

It doesn't get any simpler....who ever belives will NOT perish but have eternal life. SO, if you believe you have eternal life. Do you know what etrnal means? It means what it says....eternal.....the verse doesn't say believe or continue to believe so that you MAY have etrnal life.

Now hear this donadams....stop making stuff up.
It does say “believes” present tense not a one time act of faith

Yes, water speaks of a description of the Holy Spirit. Now there is a couple different schools of thought on what Jesus meant when He said, “born of water.”.....you can learn about them here.

Keep in mind once again you added to scripture when you add baptism to the verse....all it says is water.
Baptism is water at the spirit
Ez 36:25-27
Mk 13:13
Acts 2:38
Acts 8:37-39
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

And especially Jn 3:22

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Case closed!

Disciple’s are made by baptism
Matt 28:19 Jn 4:1

It does say “believes” present tense not a one time act of faith
So, A man believes and he gets to go to heaven.
3 days later he falls into disbelief...and now he's headed to hell.
6 days later he believes again and now he's headed to heaven once again....but 1 week later he stops believeig...and now he's going to hell???

How does it work?

So, A man believes and he gets to go to heaven.
3 days later he falls into disbelief...and now he's headed to hell.
6 days later he believes again and now he's headed to heaven once again....but 1 week later he stops believeig...and now he's going to hell???

How does it work?
True faith which saves does not fall away, only counterfeit faith which does not save falls away.

Spirit Spirit?

I would offer.

We are to look to the things not seen. . . the eternal thing of God. Not the temporal historical things seen of dying mankind called walking by sight.

Believers walk or understand God by hearing God .Called walking by faith or the hearing of faith. Him giving us ears as a understanding from him in us . (Christ's power working in us) Not what the eyes see the dying things . Eternal God has no form.

It was by that kind of ideology that the unbelieving Jew made Jesus the Son of man into a circus seal. . . Do some magic work us a miracle .then when we see it without own eyes then we might believe. . . maybe .

Making a mockery of sola scriptura all thing writen in the law and prophets

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Seeking after lying sign to wonder after in amazement rather than believing prophecy the glorious word of God .

Remember Satan is the king of lying signs to wonder after .its his voice . Again believers have prophecy God's voice

He freely gives us a tool needed to rightly divide between the temporal dying things seen and those not the eternal. A valuable tool I would think do not study without it. It can unlock the mysteries hid from the world. The key the gates of hell could never prevail against . Tatto it on your hand or forehead

2 Corinthians 4:18King James Version18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Even the blind can believe God. Two witness in agreement . Seeing eye, hearing ears .

The parallelism of that parable "except a man be born again" uses H20 (stuff that evaporates) to signify the doctrines of God that fall like rain dew, shower's on grass green things (believers)

Water like the word blood are metaphors used in parable to represent the Holy Spirit pouring out his Holy Spirit of dying flesh in jeapordy of his own Spirit life . Another way of saying "drink the blood" .

The washing of the water of the word doctrines of God that fall inspired from above . not earthly inspired of the devil .oral traditons of dying mankind .

Deuteronomy 32: 1-2_King James Version32 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My
doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Water(H20) baptism is simply a sign to the unbelieving world a person has a desire to join the pries hood of a believers sent out two by two as apostles with the the gospel of Christ .It was passed on to the new testament the time of reformation making jesus from the tribe of Judah the high priest of our calling. previously using the Levi'.

When Aaron two sons on the first day of the priesthood added thier own personal touch in false pride in a hope it was evidence they were a born agin believer called "strange fire" . they went up smoke in the fiery judgment of God . the cerinimoinal priestly garment not a hint of smoke. getting wet does not add to ones salvation . salvation comes by the incorruptible spiritual seed.(Not seen)

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Apostles sent messengers they can preach remembering our unseen head Christ is the one good teaching master as eternal Lord of earthly lords

The water mixed with the word . the inspired doctrines of God they fall like rain . and are not inspired or oral traditons of dying mankind.

It depends on this life or before death
we must die in Christ
In a state of grace
In a state of faith

It depends on this life or before death
we must die in Christ
In a state of grace
In a state of faith

Where did you get that kind of ideology? Who made up that list someone on the internet? .

In a state of how much grace . . enough to complete salvation ?

In the state of whose faith if not of Christ' labor of love

Does God have and need faith?

No more sufferings in the flesh?

A unknown remnant of grace and only some queen mother in heaven named after our blessed sister in the Lord Mary
received the fulness of grace. Or is Mary in limbo also ?

Where did you get that kind of ideology? Who made up that list someone on the internet? .

In a state of how much grace . . enough to complete salvation ?

In the state of whose faith if not of Christ' labor of love

Does God have and need faith?

No more sufferings in the flesh?

A unknown remnant of grace and only some queen mother in heaven named after our blessed sister in the Lord Mary
received the fulness of grace. Or is Mary in limbo also ?
Rom 5:2
Matt 24:13

Rom 5:2
Matt 24:13
Romans 5: 2 King James Version5 Therefore being justified by faith, (Christ's labor of love) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith (Christ's) into this grace (Christ's) wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.(Christ's not of our own dying self)

Not through the Son of man dying mankind

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Just as revealed by the Holy Father

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he (the father) said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Where is the invisible head our Holy Father in Catholicism? A Daysman? Job 9:32-33?

Back