• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Which person in the Trinity is the Judge?

There are three persons in the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

All judgment has been given to the Son (Jn 5:22).
Two, God as Father the Holy Spirit Christ, displaying his power through dying mankind Jesus the Son of man . The promised demonstration. Of 3 days and nights of the Father Christ working in dying mankind the son of man Jesus

Two is the number that states one God has spoken. Three a (crowd ). That some call Holy Queen mother

Two, God as Father the Holy Spirit Christ, displaying his power through dying mankind Jesus the Son of man . The promised demonstration. Of 3 days and nights of the Father Christ working in dying mankind the son of man Jesus

Two is the number that states one God has spoken. Three a (crowd ). That some call Holy Queen mother
???

My answer is the person of the Son. I could be wrong about this and the reason why I'm asking the question. Looking for an honest and sincere answer. If someone has the kindness to give one. This is how I've drawn my conclusion. First, the Father is a covenant title of God (1 Peter 1:17). And that "God is a righteous judge" (Psalm 7:11) and "the Lord, the righteous Judge" (2 Timothy 4:8), but yet "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge" (James 4:12). I also read in the Bible that "It is God who judges" (Psalm 75:7) and that "the Father judges no one" (John 5:22), but yet, "God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ" (Romans 2:16, Revelation 2:23). After all, the Son is omniscient and knows all people (Jeremiah 17:10, John 2:24-25, Matthew 9:4, Mark 2:8, Luke 5:22, John 6:64, Revelation 2:23). I would assume that every time I read about, God or Lord being the judge, then it's not in reference to the person of the Father in the Trinity.

- The Son is the Judge
1. Abraham pleads to the LORD for Sodom (John 8:58, Genesis 18:16-33, vs. 25).​
2. The Father is not the judge (John 5:22, Acts 10:42, 17:30-31).​
3. The Son is the universal judge (Revelation 20:11-13, Matthew 25:31-46).​
4. Judge of the living and the dead (2 Timothy 4:1, Acts 10:42).​
5. The Son is God and God's judgment (Romans 2:3, 2 Thessalonians 1:5).​
6. Judgement seat is interlinked with "Christ" and "God" (2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10).​
Perhaps it would be useful to define just which judgement or office is meant, here. If the office must be separated to only one of the three persons of the Godhead, then you are right. But it is incumbent on us to realize that there is always a lot of "overlap" (to put it into human terms) as to the actions of the Trinity, as well as to realize that we are ignorant of things beyond our ken. Scripture does make reference of judgements of sorts by the Spirit and the Father.

Perhaps it would be useful to define just which judgement or office is meant, here.

Hopefully you will be able to shed some light on my question in the OP.

First, I will give you a context for John 5:22 -

Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,​
There are similar verses (John 5:27, Acts 10:42, and 17:31).

Now you've asked to define "which judgement or office." Let's look at a few verses and allow the Bible to speak for itself. You have God the Father who has set a specific day. Which is the Son's office and when that particular judgement will occur:

Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.

Romans 2:16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.​

Both of those two Bible verses suggest that God the Father is judging through Son. But yet, we also read that the Father judges no one and appointment the Son to do the judging. And no one knows when that specific day is, not even the Son knows:

Mark 13:32 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (or will not make it known Acts 1:7).

Titus 2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, [John 17:10, Matthew 16:27 (Father's glory); 19:28; 24:30; 25:31-33 (Son's glory); 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10].​

The Son (who is God and man) is the universal judge:

2 Timothy 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: (Revelation 20:11-13, Matthew 25:31-46, Acts 10:42).​

Back