• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

Christ and his church are one!
Yes Jesus is the first born of many "born again" sons of God What they will be when we receive the new incorruptible bodies They will be neither male nor female Jew nor gentile

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Galatians 3:27-29King James Version27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.2 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Christ and his church are one!
Just as the head and body are one. And the Pope is neither.
Now how about getting back to the OP?

Just as the head and body are one. And the Pope is neither.
It is the op
The apostles creed is based on the apostles

The pope is an apostle

Did Christ remain on earth administering his new covenant kingdom church?

If no then who did he appoint or put in charge

Remember the jurisdictional authority indicated by the keys of the kingdom once belonged to another

It is the op
The apostles creed is based on the apostles

The pope is an apostle

Did Christ remain on earth administering his new covenant kingdom church?

If no then who did he appoint or put in charge

Remember the jurisdictional authority indicated by the keys of the kingdom once belonged to another

Are you saying the op has a based on scripture?
So you’ve responded for eight pages without reading the OP?
Here is what I’m asking, ‘Does the Creed leave out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scripture themselves?

Here is what I’m asking, ‘Does the Creed leave out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scripture themselves?
No, I’m saying how can it be based on scripture if scripture is the missing ingredient???

What’s wrong with it being based on the doctrine of the apostles?

How many times do you need to see that the Church is the foundation before the NT was written

No, I’m saying how can it be based on scripture if scripture is the missing ingredient???

What’s wrong with it being based on the doctrine of the apostles?
How would you know it was the doctrine of the Apostles, except by comparing it with the writings of the Prophets?

How would you know it was the doctrine of the Apostles, except by comparing it with the writings of the Prophets?
Cos Christ thru His church says so!

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

The Apostles Creed is a fine summary of the basics of our faith.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?
Would the apostles have a statement about the NT before it was written?

? what does that have to do with the foundation in your OP?
‘Does the Creed leave out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scripture themselves?

Cos Christ thru His church says so!
I see, Sola Ecclesia vs Sola Scriptura. lol

Psalm 138:2 ESV
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

I don't see 'Church' in that passage.

Would the apostles have a statement about the NT before it was written?
Our faith (as is expressed in the Creed), is found in the OT as well.

Our faith (as is expressed in the Creed), is found in the OT as well.
Christian doctrine and salvation in Christ, who is our righteousness, holiness and redemption, is the revelation of the NT.

I see, Sola Ecclesia vs Sola Scriptura. lol

Psalm 138:2 ESV
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

I don't see 'Church' in that passage.
Christ is the word
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Back