• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

The gospel came first.
The gospel message from Christ to His Apostle [the early Catholic Church].... then, three hundred years later, the Bible -- given to you and me through Christ's Catholic Church.

The gospel message from Christ to His Apostle [the early Catholic Church].... then, three hundred years later, the Bible -- given to you and me through Christ's Catholic Church.
The NT writings existed long before the fourth century.

They have existed since the time of their writing in the first century.

We find Peter, somewhere in the early second half of the 60's, placing Paul's writings on the same level of authority as the God-breathed Scriptures (2 Pe 3:16).

Last edited:
Those original Apostles were/are Catholic though.
That's like Islam saying Moses and Joshua were Muslims. lol
Besides the Apostles and Prophets were Jews, not Roman Catholics.

Last edited:
The NT writings existed long before the fourth century.
Mixed among 200 or so other writings.... who came up with the NT canon? The Catholic Church.

Besides the Apostles and Prophets were Jews, not Roman Catholics.
Who said anything about Rome? I said Catholics... the first Catholic Christians were Jews.

Mixed among 200 or so other writings.... who came up with the NT canon? The Catholic Church.
And the Lord once used a donkey to rebuke a man.
I believe that God was faithful to provide us with exactly what we need to understand as a Body.

Who said anything about Rome? I said Catholics... the first Catholic Christians were Jews.
The first Christian Abel, the second born as a apostle the ne with bettfull fet shad with soal scriptura),Apotle sent messenger (UPS ...FedX... Uber...pony express. . telegram ) .Abel moved by the Holy Spirit offered the gospel to Cain

Cain seeing no value in the unseen eternal things of God buried him under the corn field in order to establish the pagan foundation .Out of sight out of mind .as in who would serve a god not seen ? A fool?

The second born again seed. Christ in us. . not dead Peter our brother in the Lord ) Enos replaced born again, the second birth Abel.

I
t was at that time not before that men began to walk by faith (the unseen eternal things) call on him not seen our one invisible Holy Father

Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then (not before) began men to call upon the name as power of the Lord.

He lovingly commands us to call no man( dying mankind) on earth Holy Father. Holy See. our Vicar of Rome of (etc.)

Whose name do you call on today? The legion of patron saints. . his and hers gods?

I say not man, but the Holy Spirit bearing testimony to the body of Christ charged with the work.

I say the Holy Spirit bearing testimony to those of the body of Christ charged with the work.
and those charged with His work? The Catholic Church -- Bishops etc.... Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, etc. all the way through the ages to the Bishops today [Christ's Hierarchical Church]

and those charged with His work? The Catholic Church -- Bishops etc.... Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, etc.
all the way through the ages to the Bishops today [Christ's Hierarchical Church]
All Christians, and even heretics. go back to the early Christians and heretics.

All Christians, and even heretics. go back to the early Christians and heretics.
Huh? not with authority though.... the apostles laid hands on the next generation of the hierarchy.

Huh? not with authority though.... the apostles laid hands on the next generation of the hierarchy.
The authority conferred by laying on of hands is pastorship.

It is still done in the body of Christ.

Heresy spreads anyway, just as it did in the NT.
The Catholic Bishops [Apostles] were aware of that.... I posted the verse above -- here it is again

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number. [One Church, One Faith, One Baptism, No Divisions, No Other Gospel, One Shepherd]

The Catholic Bishops [Apostles] were aware of that.... I posted the verse above -- here it is again

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number. [One Church, One Faith, One Baptism, No Divisions, No Other Gospel, One Shepherd]
Keeping in mind that a text without a context is a pretext.

In context, John is referring to those who have rejected Christ, the early Gnostics (as seen from what they believed) who were against Christ; i.e., "anti-Christs."
He is not referring to believers in Christ.

Last edited:
Who said anything about Rome? I said Catholics...
Oxymorons run deep, as in the term 'Roman' 'Catholic'

I said Catholics... the first Catholic Christians were Jews.

Irony also runs deep, as the 'first Catholic Christians' (Jews?) did their share of persecuting Jews.

The Apostles Creed is a fine summary of the basics of our faith.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?
It is far from an exhaustive statement of the basics of our faith.

Back