• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

God to His Catholic Church -- AMEN
Hi

Are you saying Almighty eternal God passed His Almighty power to raise the dead . . . . . to the dying church? Why not do it Himself? The old fashion way . . ."Let there be" and Christ's bride "was very good"

Hi

Are you saying Almighty eternal God passed His Almighty power to raise the dead
we are alive in Christ.... the God of the living, not the dead

No, it is not off topic since the topic was about the foundation.... 👇

THE FOUNDATION is not the Bible. THE CHURCH gave us the Bible. THE CHURCH came centuries BEFORE the Bible.
Argumentum ad nauseam that still continues to contradict your own posts and agrees with the op. You can post it again, if youlike, but my response will be the same: your own posts support the op.

No, it is not off topic since the topic was about the foundation.... 👇

THE FOUNDATION is not the Bible. THE CHURCH gave us the Bible. THE CHURCH came centuries BEFORE the Bible is God's written Word, (aka the bible) defines the Church.
The Hebrew Prophets gave us the OT Scriptures including Moses, David etc. long befroe the RCC yet prophesying of Christ.
Are you saying Rome was a follower of Marcion? Rejecting the OT Scriptures?
The OT was here long before the Church. Mt 18:18 (future tense 'I will build')

You can post it again, if youlike,
It still amazes me how difficult it is for protestants to see the Church in a linear timeline. Amazing!!!

Rejecting the OT Scriptures?
Why would a Catholic reject what the Catholic Church gave you in the Bible?
The OT was here long before the Church. Mt 18:18 (future tense 'I will build')
and the keys were given to Peter.... what part is so difficult for you to accept?

It still amazes me how difficult it is for protestants to see the Church in a linear timeline. Amazing!!!
Ad hominem noted. The ad hominem does nothing to change the facts now in evidence: your posts contradict one another, and your argument agrees with the op: scripture is left out of the creed (the Church is not).

Why would a Catholic reject what the Catholic Church gave you in the Bible?

and the keys were given to Peter.... what part is so difficult for you to accept?
You can only claim that about Peter because the Scriptures (allegedly) state it as so, something you have a hard time coming to grips with.
Jesus never said "It is written, but I say to you", He never minimized the OT, something you can't admit.
So why do you minimize the Bible, something you interestingly claim the Church gave us, rather than God, who gave us the Scriptures through the Prophets and the Apostles?

Last edited:
You can only claim that about Peter because the Scriptures (allegedly) state it as so, something you have a hard time coming to grips with.
Jesus never said "It is written, but I say to you", He never minimized the OT, something you can't admit.
So why do you minimize the Bible, something you interestingly claim the Church gave us, rather than God, who gave us the Scriptures through the Prophets and the Apostles? ...
... through His Catholic Church! Amen

... through His Catholic Church! Amen
Rather through His Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV /​

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

2 Peter 1:20-21 NKJV
knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, [21] for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Through the body of Christ. . .i.e., all those of saving faith.
the one faith... not the man-made faiths from over a thousand years later

Rather through His Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV /​

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
profitable, not sufficient!

2 Pet 3:16 speaking of these things as he does in all his letters. In them there are some things hard to understand that the ignorant and unstable distort to their own destruction, just as they do the other scriptures

Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.

The NT is fraught with the man-made faith which existed long before a thousand years later.
1Jn 2:19 warns you Eleanor....

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number. [One Church, One Faith, One Baptism, No Divisions, No Other Gospel, One Shepherd]

1Jn 2:19 warns you Eleanor....

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number. [One Church, One Faith, One Baptism, No Divisions, No Other Gospel, One Shepherd]
Or does it warn you?

2 Pet 3:16 speaking of these things as he does in all his letters. In them there are some things hard to understand that the ignorant and unstable distort to their own destruction, just as they do the other scriptures
Nice example of Scripture distorting as the context of that passage is prophecy and false teachers, not the inspiration of Scripture.
(see from 2Pet 1:20- 3:14

Back