• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.
Yes, because...

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, [2] speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, [3] forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.1 Timothy 4:1-3 NKJV

Yes, because...

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith
Indeed! Why did you depart from the original Church; the original faith? 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:

Indeed! Why did you depart from the original Church; the original faith? 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:
Because the one who touts itself as the original Church abandoned the original writings ✍️ of the Apostles and Prophets.

The original church is the body of Christ, those of faith in Christ.

The original faith is the faith of the NT Scriptures.

Have you read John Kennedy’s ‘Torch of the Testimony’?
It is a very encouraging and somewhat unique look at the history of the Church.
I suggest it for everyone.

Because the one who touts itself as the original Church abandoned the original writings ✍️ of the Apostles and Prophets.
Those original Apostles were/are Catholic though.

Have you read John Kennedy’s ‘Torch of the Testimony’?
It is a very encouraging and somewhat unique look at the history of the Church.
I suggest it for everyone.
I have not read it but I have read 'History of the Catholic Church' by James Hitchcock and 'The Cleaving of Christendom' series by Warren H. Carroll.

I have not read it but I have read 'History of the Catholic Church' by James Hitchcock and 'The Cleaving of Christendom' series by Warren H. Carroll.
It’s much more broad than the Church of Rome. Check it out. Google will pull it up.
It will affect your perspective on many things.

Yes, the church throughout that St. Peter made his rounds to.

The original faith came centuries before the book Eleanor.
Not "centuries" before the letters and gospels.

And any that "came before" which are not in agreement with the NT writings are in error.

It’s much more broad than the Church of Rome. Check it out. Google will pull it up.
It will affect your perspective on many things.
Wasn't he a friend of Spurgeon?

Wasn't he a friend of Spurgeon?
Nope…he was born in Britain but moved to India and ministered to indigenous Indians until his death. The book was first published in 1964.

Not "centuries" before the letters and gospels.
centuries before the Bible
And any that "came before" which are not in agreement with the NT writings are in error.
any that are not in agreement with the Church are in error.... The Church came first.... the pillar of truth; the wisdom of God is made known through the Church

Nope…he was born in Britain but moved to India and ministered to indigenous Indians until his death. The book was first published in 1964.
I looked up the biography of the Scotsman and it says he was a friend of Spurgeon... was it a different Kennedy? Thanks

I looked up the biography of the Scotsman and it says he was a friend of Spurgeon... was it a different Kennedy? Thanks
Yes….Spurgeon died in 1892 and John W. Kennedy moved to India 1952, so doubtful.
The book was first published in 1964 in India.

Yes….Spurgeon died in 1892 and John W. Kennedy moved to India 1952, so doubtful.
The book was first published in 1964 in India.
"But James eventually came to occupy a position which was much more than this. From being first among equals, he became first pure and simple." Kennedy

Looks like he gives no hierarchical authority to Peter.

centuries before the Bible

any that are not in agreement with the Church are in error.... The Church came first.... the pillar of truth; the wisdom of God is made known through the Church
The gospel came first.

Back