• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

If there was any sort of prescription to pray to Jesus in the Bible they would be parading it all over the place. Since they don't have that, the next best thing is they deny Jesus' teaching on prayer. He explicitly said pray to the Father. Some believe it and accept it, some don't. I stopped making the assumption that all of those who assign the title of Christian to themselves actually want to obey him or believe him.
They don't know the meaning of Jesus as the Lord and the Teacher.

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God. Jesus taught all of his disciples to pray only to God the Father (Matt 6:6,9)

YHWH knows the hearts of all:

1 Kings 8​
39be heard by You[YHWH] from heaven, Your dwelling place. And may You forgive and act, and repay each man according to all his ways, since You know his heart—for You alone know the hearts of all men—

Jesus does not know the hearts of all:

Revelation 2​
23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.​

Jesus isn't YHWH:

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Jesus was never prayed to:

Acts 1​
24And they prayed, “Lord,[YHWH] You know everyone’s heart..."

Therefore Jesus isn't God and he denied it:

Mark 10​
18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.​
Rev 2:23 proves you wrong!

Stephen prayed to Jesus as God Acts 7:59-60

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

No disciples prayed to Jesus.

You guys treat Jesus like Catholics revere Mary.

Like mother, Catholic, like daughter, Protestant.

No disciples prayed to Jesus.

You guys treat Jesus like Catholics revere Mary.

Like mother, Catholic, like daughter, Protestant.
Really enough with this silliness. Read Revelation. Worship and singing and prayer.

[Rev 5:11-13 LSB] 11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing." 13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, [be] the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever."

If I am understanding you correctly, Jesus is not God and so nobody prays to Jesus.
Not in the Bible.
Yet, Jesus is the alpha and omega,
Alpha and omega refers to the beginning and end of the Greek alphabet, but not a title that explicitly identifies someone as God. For example, an eternal God doesn't have a beginning and ending point. Alpha and omega refers to a specific context, not being God.
the Word,
1 John 1:1,2 identifies the "word of life" as an it.

and Thomas said to him "My Lord and my GOD".
In John 20:17 Jesus said that the God of his brothers, the disciples, is the Father. In John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" then the context refers to Thomas saying the Father is his God.

Jesus accepted worship
Not worship as God, but as the Son of God. Bowing down to someone doesn't mean they are God. When Jesus is bowed to, whether in heaven or earth, only God gets the glory. Jesus nor God ever prescribed worship to Jesus to his followers. On the matter of worship, Jesus prescribed worship to the Father again, not himself.

John 4
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

as we can see from many Biblical passages. Otherwise, he would have told people not to worship him, which he never did.
None of them are about Jesus being God when properly exegeted.

Last edited:
Rev 2:23 proves you wrong!
That does not prove the OP wrong. There is no passage about Jesus knowing the hearts of "all people." Revelation 2:23 is in regards to the church.

Really enough with this silliness.
Just because you put Jesus on a pedestal as God, does not make you faithful because Jesus will not approve of it.

Jesus never takes His Father's position so lightly as you guys have been doing.

Paul prayed to Jesus in 2 Cor 12;8-9
Pleading to the Lord to do something isn't prayer or else pleading to anyone can be misconstrued as prayer. So praying and pleading aren't the same thing. Praying is only done to God, hence there is no example of the word prayer being used in conjunction with talking to Jesus in the Bible.

When asking Jesus for something, he acts as the mediator between God and men, but not the actual recipient of the prayer or the one who answers the prayer. Jesus said it's the Father, the only true God, who actually answers the prayer.

John 16
23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

They don't know the meaning of Jesus as the Lord and the Teacher.
yes and after all is said and done, Jesus still taught his disciples to only pray to the Father in Matt 6:6,9. Where are the resounding amens over that? Crickets. lol.

What? Jesus was never prayed to once in the bible. Really?
What bible do you read?
As many of them as possible. I am regularly looking at at least a dozen versions. Love Bible Hub.

As many of them as possible. I am regularly looking at at least a dozen versions. Love Bible Hub.
That is good to hear. :)
keep reading, I pray you will see the truth eventually.

That does not prove the OP wrong. There is no passage about Jesus knowing the hearts of "all people." Revelation 2:23 is in regards to the church.
I don't think, as far as your concerned, anything can prove the op wrong.

I believe only God could show you the truth.

I don't think, as far as your concerned, anything can prove the op wrong.

I believe only God could show you the truth.
You are right. God does not show you the simple Truth if your heart is not circumcised.

Back