• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

According to Hebrews 1:5, Jesus was begotten and there are no other possible meanings. Furthermore, one of the definitions for monogenés is actually "only begotten" so that isn't the correct translation.

Jesus the only begotten Son of God:

John 1​
18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
G3439. monogenés
Strong's Concordance​
monogenés: only begotten
Original Word: μονογενής, ές​
Part of Speech: Adjective​
Transliteration: monogenés​
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')​
Definition: only begotten
Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.​

Jesus the begotten Son of God:

Hebrews 1​
5For to which of the angels did God ever say:​
“You are My Son; today I have become Your Father”?​
G1080. gennaó
Strong's Concordance​
gennaó: to beget, to bring forth
Original Word: γεννάω​
Part of Speech: Verb​
Transliteration: gennaó​
Phonetic Spelling: (ghen-nah'-o)​
Definition: to beget, to bring forth
Usage: I beget (of the male), (of the female) I bring forth, give birth to.​
Heb 5:5 tells us Jesus was called that by the Father...NOT CREATED.

So also Christ did not take upon Himself the glory of becoming a high priest, but He was called by the One who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”

Thanks for citing a passage which demonstrates a doxology to the Lord Jesus. A preist of Christ (Revelation 20:6) loves rendering doxologies to Jesus.
No one is a priest "TO" Christ in all of scripture. Almost missed that. You lost. Next subject.

Heb 5:5 tells us Jesus was called that by the Father...NOT CREATED.

So also Christ did not take upon Himself the glory of becoming a high priest, but He was called by the One who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”
Hebrews 1:5 says "today" I have become your Father. Do you believe God? When He said that He was speaking about a particular day. Jesus has a birthday. 🎂

Hilarious. That isn't even what I said. Are you going to answer my question about what Jesus did that means he's God? Anything?
If you read the Bible you will find out. It's all over it. but you missed it apparently. Keep reading until you understand what you are reading. It's not hard - unless you have some kind of reading comprehension problem.

You have an idol. God is not a man. You've been warned and will continue to be warned every day if necessary.

btw... where is the $1 million you bet me and lost?
It is time to stop this bickering. It breaks a rule. This is the warning.

If you read the Bible you will find out. It's all over it. but you missed it apparently. Keep reading until you understand what you are reading. It's not hard - unless you have some kind of reading comprehension problem.
Then I will ask you. Did walking on water mean Jesus is God?

If you can walk on water I would take your claim to be the same as Jesus seriously. Go ahead and do it. Be action not words.
You mean like how Peter walked on water, too? Does that mean Peter is God?

Matt 14
29“Come,” said Jesus.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus.

You mean like how Peter walked on water, too? Does that mean Peter is God?

Matt 14
29“Come,” said Jesus.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus.
You mean Jesus gave Peter the power to walk on water?

You mean Jesus gave Peter the power to walk on water?
Not according to scripture. Did you read the passage?

Next. How about casting out demons and healing sick people? Did that mean Jesus is God?

English is NOT your native language.

How about when Jesus said he's the light of the world? Does that mean he's God?

John 8
12Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world..."

Hebrews 1:5 says "today" I have become your Father. Do you believe God? When He said that He was speaking about a particular day. Jesus has a birthday. 🎂
No, I don't believe your faulty interpretation.
Heb 5:5 tells us Jesus was called that by the Father...NOT CREATED.....No birthday 🎂

No, I don't believe your faulty interpretation.
Heb 5:5 tells us Jesus was called that by the Father...NOT CREATED.....No birthday 🎂

You don't believe that God became the Son's Father "today" in Hebrews 1:5 and 5:5? Why is that?

Last edited:
You don't believe that God became the Son's Father "today" in Hebrews 1:5 and 5:5? Why is that?
The biblical truth of eternal Sonship....contradicts your make believe story.

The biblical truth of eternal Sonship....contradicts your make believe story.
Hebrews 1:5, 5:5 say “today” He became the Son’s Father. That’s sola scriptura.

Hebrews 1:5, 5:5 say “today” He became the Son’s Father. That’s sola scriptura.
There would have been no "today" at that time as Jesus didn't create the earth yet......so, what does "today" actually mean?

Now, and I'm sure you won't listen...as typical of you...many theologians see this event as pointing to the resurrection. Now, I'm not fully onboard with that....but unlike you, I've looked at it and don't filter it through an anti-trintite view.
On the other hand this is a quote from Psalm 2...did you know that? Do you know why? Of course you don't. All you do is filter through an anti-trintite view....and have no salvation.

Just for the record I and others have posted in great biblical based detail exlaining the eternal sonship of Jesus....and all you have done is simply blown it off.

There would have been no "today" at that time as Jesus didn't create the earth yet......so, what does "today" actually mean?

Now, and I'm sure you won't listen...as typical of you...many theologians see this event as pointing to the resurrection. Now, I'm not fully onboard with that....but unlike you, I've looked at it and don't filter it through an anti-trintite view.
On the other hand this is a quote from Psalm 2...did you know that? Do you know why? Of course you don't. All you do is filter through an anti-trintite view....and have no salvation.

Just for the record I and others have posted in great biblical based detail exlaining the eternal sonship of Jesus....and all you have done is simply blown it off.
It plainly says of the Son "Today I have become your Father." Contrary to your claims of Jesus' eternal sonship, the Bible doesn't allow it.

Perhaps rather than fighting the Bible, why not just believe it? What do you lose for believing Scripture?

Back