• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

That is EXACTLY what the bible teaches...and how it READS.

OK??? I read 1 John 1:1-2...did you post the wrong verse?
Did you see where the "word (logos) of life" is called an it in 1 John 1:1,2?

According to John in John 1..this logos of life was God. Then this God became flesh.
There's a larger context. You can see the result in John 1:18 where Jesus was created as a begotten Son. The logos (word, speech) of God manifested a human. It isn't God becoming a man.

A doxology to Jesus.

A song to Jesus.

...and Christ.

Sure do, because "through Jesus" includes "to Jesus."

Excellent!
bottom line is they are priests to God and Jesus isn't God. No one prays to a priest in the Bible therefore no one prays to Jesus. too easy.

bottom line is they are priests to God and Jesus isn't God. No one prays to a priest in the Bible therefore no one prays to Jesus. too easy.

bottom line is they are priests to God and Jesus.

Thanks for making this so easy for me to refute your heresy.

There's a larger context. You can see the result in John 1:18 where Jesus was created as a begotten Son. The logos (word, speech) of God manifested a human. It isn't God becoming a man.
John 1:18 DOESN'T say Jesus was created. I just read it. You appear to be adding to scripture.

bottom line is they are priests to God and Jesus.
Not according to scripture.

Revelation 1:6 - priests to Jesus' God and Father
Revelation 5:9,10 - priests to God
Revelation 20:6 - priests to God
1 Peter 2:5 - priests to God through Christ Jesus.

John 1:18 DOESN'T say Jesus was created. I just read it. You appear to be adding to scripture.
This means Jesus was created. Deal with it.

John 1
18No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him .

This means Jesus was created. Deal with it.

John 1
18No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him .
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
According to Hebrews 1:5, Jesus was begotten and there are no other possible meanings. Furthermore, one of the definitions for monogenés is actually "only begotten" so that isn't the correct translation.

Jesus the only begotten Son of God:

John 1​
18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
G3439. monogenés
Strong's Concordance​
monogenés: only begotten
Original Word: μονογενής, ές​
Part of Speech: Adjective​
Transliteration: monogenés​
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')​
Definition: only begotten
Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.​

Jesus the begotten Son of God:

Hebrews 1​
5For to which of the angels did God ever say:​
“You are My Son; today I have become Your Father”?​
G1080. gennaó
Strong's Concordance​
gennaó: to beget, to bring forth
Original Word: γεννάω​
Part of Speech: Verb​
Transliteration: gennaó​
Phonetic Spelling: (ghen-nah'-o)​
Definition: to beget, to bring forth
Usage: I beget (of the male), (of the female) I bring forth, give birth to.​

A priest of Christ prays to Christ.

Yes, it is beautiful.
Not according to anything in scripture. No where does the Bible say that anyone prays to Jesus. The Bible says we are priests to God through Christ.

Revelation 1:6 - priests to Jesus' God and Father
Revelation 5:9,10 - priests to God
Revelation 20:6 - priests to God

Revelation 20:6 is part of Scripture.
All of the Bible says they are priests to God. The idea being conveyed in Revelation 20:6 is they are priests to God through Christ.

Which doesn't contradict being a priest of Christ (Revelation 20:6).
Revelation 1:6 says they are priests TO his God and Father.

Revelation 20:6 says they are priests OF God and OF Christ.

They are not priests TO Christ. Big difference.

Bingo. That settles it.

Thank you for helping me sort that out.

Revelation 1:6

Thanks for citing a passage which demonstrates a doxology to the Lord Jesus. A preist of Christ (Revelation 20:6) loves rendering doxologies to Jesus.

Back