• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

What a doctrinal disaster to evade the obvious!

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

The Lord Jesus is speaking to those of the church, so of course He is telling them of the knowledge He possesses. Notice though, as the full knower of the hearts of all people He will not only "give to each one of you according to your deeds" in reference to the saved, but also to the unsaved. The same author informs us that all judgment is the responsibility of the Son (John 5:22). Thus, He is the Judge that will also render to the unsaved according to their deeds in Revelation 20:12-13. To do so would require the ability to fully know the hearts of all people involved - both in Revelation 2 and in Revelation 20.

Revelation 20:12-13
(12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to your deeds.
(13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
Thank you for proving my point. You have not produced anything that says Jesus knows the hearts all of people. That only applies to God. Therefore Jesus isn't God. You might not accept it today, but sooner or later, perhaps some quiet day, you'll finally realize it. You'll be free to worship the Father in truth as He seeks.

Image in this case refers to the likeness of God, but not God. The image or likeness of God isn't God. God isn't referred to as the "image of God."
You can't make anything into an image. And image is not the thing.

God is in heaven. Exodus 20:4 says to not make an image of anything in heaven.
Or on earth. So sculptures are out?
4You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.
Do you have a predilection for worshiping an image? If so, don't make any.

~
I don't see the word prayer there

Are you perchance on the spectrum? I ask because some autistic folks have trouble
accepting statements that aren't composed in their own choice of words.

For example: A rose by any name, domestic or foreign, is a rose. Well; that's true
for most folks, but not true for some on the spectrum because for many, only one
name for a rose will do because their minds have trouble coping with concepts and
linguistics like synonyms, figures of speech, colloquialisms, and ambiguity.

You are refusing to accept how some of Jesus' statements are calls to prayer,
specifically prayer to himself. If perchance you are on the spectrum; then okay,
I can allow for that. But if you are just being difficult, that is not okay, nor can I
allow for it.

BTW: I don't have the patience to be distracted by your comments so I've placed you
on my ignore list. Others will still be able to view your posts; just not me. Sorry.
_

~

Are you perchance on the spectrum? I ask because some autistic folks have trouble
accepting statements that aren't composed in their own choice of words.

For example: A rose by any name, domestic or foreign, is a rose. Well; that's true
for most folks, but not true for some on the spectrum because for many, only one
name for a rose will do because their minds have trouble coping with concepts and
linguistics like synonyms, figures of speech, colloquialisms, and ambiguity.

You are refusing to accept how some of Jesus' statements are calls to prayer,
specifically prayer to himself. If perchance you are on the spectrum; then okay,
I can allow for that. But if you are just being difficult, that is not okay, nor can I
allow for it.

BTW: I don't have the patience to be distracted by your comments so I've placed you
on my ignore list. Others will still be able to view your posts; just not me. Sorry.
_
Your premise is that communicating with Jesus is a prayer. Talking to someone isn't a prayer. Do you know what prayer actually is? Prayer is reserved only for God, worship is reserved only for God. Jesus taught this explicitly.

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father
in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.

John 4
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.

Thank you for proving my point. You have not produced anything that says Jesus knows the hearts all of people. That only applies to God.

Already refuted. You ignored the passages from Revelation 20 because they refute your heresy,

Thanks for making this easy for me.

Yes, precisely what I am trying to get people to do. So it would seem you cede that the word in John 1 can be seen figuratively like all of the other examples of in the Bible where personification is applied to a non-person things.
Wow! Where do you get the idea that I cede any such thing? When are you going to address what I said about John 1 instead of the nonsense you have been offering instead.
I gave you the verse, but I would be more than happy to quote it:

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands—this is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.
How does one see with their own eyes an "it"; how does one touch with their hands an "it".? How do they do these things with "words"? How are words made manifest in the flesh? How does an "it" have eternal life?
That isn't Jesus being worshipped. Read it again.
I suggest you read it again and pray that God would show you the truth.

Your premise is that communicating with Jesus is a prayer. Talking to someone isn't a prayer. Do you know what prayer actually is? Prayer is reserved only for God, worship is reserved only for God. Jesus taught this explicitly.

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father
in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.

John 4
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
They have no case against Jesus' word.

He is the Lord and the Teacher of salvation.

Jesus does not know the hearts of all

The above is false.

John 2:24-25
(24) But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them, because He knew all men,
(25) And needed not that any should testify of man: for He knew what was in man.

John 4

A true worshiper will call upon (= pray to) YHWH in truth (Psalm 145:18).

The Lord Jesus is to be called upon (= prayed to) in the same way in that a pure heart (which entails a truthful heart) is necessary (2 Timothy 2:22).

Wow! Where do you get the idea that I cede any such thing? When are you going to address what I said about John 1 instead of the nonsense you have been offering instead.
I addressed it directly in post #308. It doesn't come off as sincere to say I have not addressed what you have said. I have responded to everything you have said with hundreds, maybe thousands, of words at this point.

How does one see with their own eyes an "it"; how does one touch with their hands an "it".? How do they do these things with "words"? How are words made manifest in the flesh? How does an "it" have eternal life?
It was manifested.
I suggest you read it again and pray that God would show you the truth.
What if God was showing you the truth in this thread? Would you accept it? Would you know it?

Last edited:
The above is false.

John 2:24-25
(24) But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them, because He knew all men,
(25) And needed not that any should testify of man: for He knew what was in man.
This isn't Jesus being prayed to in Acts 1:24. The Bible doesn't say Jesus knows everyone's heart.

Acts 1
24And they prayed, “Lord, You know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two You have chosen 25to take up this ministry and apostleship, which Judas abandoned to go to his rightful place.”

John 14:14
If ye shall ask Me anything in My Name, I will do it.
John 16 comes after chapter 14. Jesus is saying don't ask him directly for anything.

23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

A true worshiper will call upon (= pray to) YHWH in truth (Psalm 145:18).

The Lord Jesus is to be called upon (= prayed to) in the same way in that a pure heart (which entails a truthful heart) is necessary (2 Timothy 2:22).
You stand refuted. Jesus isn't YHWH. The Father is YHWH.

Acts 2
33Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend into heaven, but he himself says:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand
35until I make Your enemies
a footstool for Your feet.” ’

Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Back