• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Amen. The important thing is to never give up. It's necessary to give people the truth even if they reject it, though I admit it's sometimes a mercy to not give too much light to someone if they will reject it. There is actually more judgement for someone who receives to truth, looks at it, and rejects it. Nevertheless, we are not the judge, we're just the messengers. May God's will be done.
Do you think I am being judgemental?

This does not say that the disciples would be one with God. It says that they would be one with each other as Jesus was with God.
Being one with God is not an indicator of being God if the disciples are also one with God.

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:11) ~Jesus
Having something good about someone doesn't mean they are God. Yes, Jesus is the good shepherd, but there are also good things about others as well. Only God is inherently, objectively good. No one else is. Hence Jesus said only God alone is good. Jesus denied being God.

Matt 25
23His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master!’

Matt 7
11So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
“I am the Light of the World” (John 8:12) ~Jesus
You aren't understanding that. Jesus said the same thing of his disciples.

Matt 5
14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

Not the first part but I will grant you the second part is.
It's all your opinion. Faith in God doesn't mean one doesn't know God exists. It means they trust God because they know He exists and have seen the proof.

Yes, that is why it is such wonderful love. Do you think God is so averse to getting His own hands dirty that He created a human to kill to satisfy His wrath? Of course, that would be insufficient to pay the penalty of eternal damnation for every repenting soul. Each man needs his own perfect lamb.

If I have seen Jesus I have seen the Father so it follows that if I worship Jesus I worship the Father. If Jesus were not infinite you and I have no substitute for our sins.

Says the bible nowhere.

Man can imagine God, it will fall short of reality just as an image of a man falls short of being a man.

False premises create false conclusions.

Now if an image of God can't be formed, then how are we made in the image of God?

I do not put "can't" with God. It is you who says God can't...as in God can't become a man. God can't die. God can't become sin for us.

God is one in three. This is evident even in the creation story.

"The Father and I are one" "If you have seen me, you have seen the father" Do you not see how all of these harmonize with each other? A human is an insufficient sacrifice for the sins of many.
God is invisible and Jesus is not invisible. There is no way to create a perfect God into an image. Any representation of God is idolatry.

Romans 1
22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Exodus 20
2“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
3You shall have no other gods before Me.
4You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.

~
I've really grown to hate Trinity discussions because every one that I've ever visited
online in the past 27+ years has, without exception, turned into a food fight with
both sides of the aisle raining proof texts down on each other's heads hoping that
one will be the silver bullet that finally, and permanently, silences the opposition.

* Social media's remedy is to simply ban the side that its kingpins don't agree with.

I fully suspect that folks who've been thus far making the cut for Heaven are
herded off the bus to be quarantined in a sort of Bible camp for re-education where
all their blanks get filled in, and all their mistakes corrected, so that when they're
finally released into gen-pop everyone will be in the same groove and there will be
no quarreling factions going about disturbing the peace.
_

~
I've really grown to hate Trinity discussions because every one that I've ever visited
online in the past 27+ years has, without exception, turned into a food fight with
both sides of the aisle raining proof texts down on each other's heads hoping that
one will be the silver bullet that finally, and permanently, silences the opposition.

* Social media's remedy is to simply ban the side that its kingpins don't agree with.

I fully suspect that folks who've been thus far making the cut for Heaven are
herded off the bus to be quarantined in a sort of Bible camp for re-education where
all their blanks get filled in, and all their mistakes corrected, so that when they're
finally released into gen-pop everyone will be in the same groove and there will be
no quarreling factions going about disturbing the peace.
_
Everyone has convictions to spread for one's God.

If you don't like it no one is forcing you to read or join in the discussion.

blessings.

~
Repentant Food Fighter's Motto

I'm gonna make a change.
For once in my life,
It's gonna feel real good,
Gonna make a difference,
Gonna make it right.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror.
I'm asking him to change his ways,
And no message could have been any clearer:
If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself and then make a change.

(Man In The Mirror, Michael Jackson, 1988)
_

Last edited:
I don't want to be redundant because others are talking about this same topic, but a word (logos) is not literally a person. In the Bible, sometimes the writers write poetically because it goes without saying that words from God's mouth are not literally a person anymore than words from yours or my mouth are a he or she.
Can you spot the logical fallacies in your quote when you use it to what I had said about John 1?

You said, "a word (logos) is not literally a person."

1. No one said word as communication was a person.
2. You have not established that logos translated Word in John 1 means word as in sounds or writing as a means of communication.

You said,"In the Bible, sometimes the writers write poetically-"
1. A non sequitur. Sometimes moves the conversation to generalities and away fron John 1.
2. It equates "sometimes" as undeterminable when in fact the Bible writers write poetically when they are writing poetry or quoting poetry but not in prose.

You then connect that phrase with the word "because" which makes it mean sometimes the writers write poetically for the reason that "it goes without saying that words from God's mouth are not literally a person---".

1. Do people in the Bible write poetically because God's words are not literally a person? That almost doesn't qualify as a logical fallacy since there is zero logic in it It only does because it is made to sound like logic.
2. No one said God's words are persons.

So this in no way qualifies as a rebuttal to what I had said about the interpretation of John 1. It avoids doing so entirely, while attempting to present itself as having done so. Did you think I would not notice?

So lets, try again. I will go back to the passages in John 1, and let's find out what the use of logos by John was intended. That is what matters. Not some generic definition of a translation---logos into word. It takes a bit of understanding of the culture in which John was living as a Jew, but a subject of the Roman Empire, surrounded by paganism. The gospel was most likely written around 90 a.d. Logos of course is a Greek word that in Greek philosophy, referred to logic or reason as an abstract force that brought order and harmony into the universe. In John's writings it was these qualities that he brought gathered in the person of Christ. (Jesus and Christ refer to the incarnation.) In both Greek philosophy and Neo-platonic philosophy of that day, as well as the Gnostic heresy, logos was seen as one of many intermediate powers between God and the world.

John said, no, there is one logos and He was in the beginning (Gen 1) and He was with God, and He was God. And repeats, He was with God in the beginning. And all things were made through Him. he is not using "word" poetically, and he is not using word as respect to speech. ὁ λόγος (John 1:1) which denotes the essential Word of God,i.e. the personal (hypostatic) wisdom and power in union with God, his minister in the creation and government of the universe, the cause of all the world's life both physical and ethical, which for the procurement of man's salvation put on human nature in the person of Jesus the Messiah and shone forth conspiculously from His words and deeds. John 1:1,14; 1 John 5:7) from Strongs.

Last edited:
God is invisible and Jesus is not invisible. There is no way to create a perfect God into an image. Any representation of God is idolatry.
Then how come we are made in His image. Don’t ignore scripture.
Romans 1
22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Exodus 20
2“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
3You shall have no other gods before Me.
4You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath.
neither of these versus say that God‘s image can’t be made.

This isn't unprecedented. For example, if we are to follow your literal interpretation of John 1:1-14 then to be consistent then, according to Proverbs 9:1 Wisdom is a literal woman and the church is a literal female bride in Ephesians 5:25.
False dichotomy. Proverbs is wisdom literature (how to live wisely) often in the form of poetry---not doctrine and not prose.
This is why wisdom, balance, and measure are required when interpreting the Bible. More importantly, study is required so that these sorts of mistakes are not made.
I sincerely hope you were looking in the mirror when you said that. Or that you are instructing yourself so as not to make the same mistakes you have made in every post of yours that I have responded to, and that I pointed out with evidence and support, rightly dividing the word of God. You simply divide it, which has also been pointed out and illustrated for you.
One of the tell-tale signs that an interpretation is false is that it's contradicted by other parts of the Bible. For examples, in 1 John 1:1,2 the logos is an it. In Revelation 1:2, Jesus Christ is not the logos "the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ." The same situation in Revelation 20:4 appears, "their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God..."
Again---hope you were looking in the mirror when you said that. I do not accept statements made such as the logos is an it in John 1, when no proof or evidence is given. I did give you two expositions of evidence that shows otherwise, and according to John's intent when he wrote it; not according to the intent of a Unitarian in 2024. So the ball is in your court on that one.
You're getting the picture.
You betcha. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jesus is not another God in Unitarianism. In Unitarianism Jesus is a man whom God created. In Unitarianism, the only God is the Father, YHWH, as the entire Old Testament says and John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Thessalonians 1:9,10, 1 John 5:20, and many other examples say. Jesus is the Son of God and the Messiah.
He is if you worship Him as God, and if you don't worship Him in this way you disobey God, and will not be in those surrounding the throne worshiping Him night and day.
Tell me, is Jesus being worshiped in Rev 5:1-14;19:1-8?
Jesus was never called the names from Isaiah 9:6. While Trinitarians do feel that Jesus is God, they also disagree that Jesus is the Father. The verse isn't translated correctly. Otherwise Isaiah's prophecy failed.
Oh, by all means, lets blame it on translations when all else fails!! What an unsubstantiated cop out. It could not possibly be that you don't know how to rightly divide the word!
There are also numerous examples of Jesus not sharing titles with God. For example, Jesus is demonstrably not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob nor is he remembered that way. In effect, Jesus is not YHWH, not the I AM, and therefore isn't God.
I won't bother with the scriptures that say otherwise because you have been given them before and we all know how you spit on them by twisting that would put a contortionist to shame.
Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
Jesus and Christ refer to the incarnation. In the incarnation Jesus is Son of God, Son of Man. We have been over that before, and before. Jesus came as a servant to serve, not to be exalted, even though He is exalted to the very throne of God. Think mission and purpose.

There isn't in the old because the Son had not yet come as Jesus.
The "pre-incarnate Son" isn't quoted as saying or doing anything in the entire Bible. That should be alarming.
But the Gen account speaks of an "us" . "Let us make---".
You're projecting the trinity into the "us" in Genesis. It's not talking about a triune God.

In the NT you have been shown scriptures that say Jesus created everything. For example, Col 1:16-17 For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. How does that possible apply to the church?
Colossians 1:15-20 applies to the church because that's the context. I am aware that you're using a version that says "For by him all things were created..." but really that isn't the best translation because it's misleading. A better word is "through him all things were created" because the word being used refers to the instrumentality of the Son.

For starters, Colossians 1:15 says he's the image of God. Is your God an image of God or God Himself?

I'll just skip to verses 18-20 that says the context of "all things" is in regards to the church, hence all things were not reconciled to himself until his blood on the cross.

This isn't talking about literally all things. Paul is exaggerating. For example. Paul said "the gospel you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven" which is false. The gospel has not been literally preached to every living creature under heaven.

You have the audacity to quote this verse as proof, evidently simply because verse 18 says And He is the head of the body, the church. You have the audacity to speak to me of context, and then only give credence to the first half of one verse, while ignoring what came before and after! It is atrocious mishandling of the word of God. The next sentence in that same vers says He is the beginning, (echoes of John 1:1) the firstborn from the dead, (His flesh and blood body) that in everything He might be preeminent.
You need to begin with verse 15 and go forward from there. God isn't the image of God. If Jesus is God then Paul would have just came right out and plainly said that. For example, there Father is never called the "image of God" because the Father is God.
Heb 1:1-2 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed the heir of all things, through whom also He created the world. How does that apply to Jesus only creating the church? The writer is proclaiming the supremacy of Jesus over all things.
The word for "world" in verse 2 isn't actually the word for world. Crazy, I know, but a lot of Bible's corrupt this verse. The word there for "world" is actually aión and it's used with frequency throughout the New Testament to refer to a cycle of time. The correct translation of this passages is that God made the ages through the Son because God did not speak through the Son until these "last days."

Even if you want to insist it means world or universe, many Trinitarians will dig their heels in on this verse, then it doesn't actually fit the context because it contains a contradiction. If God spoke to create the world in the past, then God didn't speak through the Son until the last days, then the Son didn't literally create everything.

It refers to the creation of the Church age in these last days.
1 John 1:1-4 (which you cut off mid sentence That which was from the beginning which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life--- (here John is confirming his eyewitness to Jesus and relationship with Him) that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.

How does any of that say that Jesus only created the church? You are grasping at straws, and blinding yourself to see what is right before your eyes even in the scriptures you quote to deny the deity of Christ. Why, is my question. Why are you so invested in Jesus being but a creature?
1 John 1:1-4 refers to what the disciples say, heard, and touched in the beginning, but they were not there in the literal beginning of creation to see, hear, or touch anything because they didn't exist yet. They are referring to the beginning of the ministry of Jesus, the beginning stages of the church.

Can you spot the logical fallacies in your quote when you use it to what I had said about John 1?

You said, "a word (logos) is not literally a person."

1. No one said word as communication was a person.
2. You have not established that logos translated Word in John 1 means word as in sounds or writing as a means of communication.
The textbook definition of logos is a word, speech, divine utterance, analogy. Is Jesus just a word speech, or divine utterance? I strongly believe John didn't intend for anyone to think that.

You said,"In the Bible, sometimes the writers write poetically-"
1. A non sequitur. Sometimes moves the conversation to generalities and away fron John 1.
2. It equates "sometimes" as undeterminable when in fact the Bible writers write poetically when they are writing poetry or quoting poetry but not in prose.
I referred to Proverbs 9 where wisdom is being referred to as a she. I also mentioned the church as a she. Wisdom isn't a literal woman and the church isn't a literal woman either. The correct way to understand something like a word, wisdom, or a church being personified is to refer to it as having poetic elements. For example, John couldn't have been more blunt when he called the "word of life" an it in 1 John 1:1,2

You then connect that phrase with the word "because" which makes it mean sometimes the writers write poetically for the reason that "it goes without saying that words from God's mouth are not literally a person---".

1. Do people in the Bible write poetically because God's words are not literally a person? That almost doesn't qualify as a logical fallacy since there is zero logic in it It only does because it is made to sound like logic.
2. No one said God's words are persons.
Trinitarians do say the "Word" is a person. I am not sure why you are saying no one is saying that.

So this in no way qualifies as a rebuttal to what I had said about the interpretation of John 1. It avoids doing so entirely, while attempting to present itself as having done so. Did you think I would not notice?
You didn't even address the fact I also talked about the Greek not requiring the word being God to refer to the God. I haven't even moved past verse one yet. The rest of the context disallows it being about Jesus.

So lets, try again. I will go back to the passages in John 1, and let's find out what the use of logos by John was intended. That is what matters. Not some generic definition of a translation---logos into word. It takes a bit of understanding of the culture in which John was living as a Jew, but a subject of the Roman Empire, surrounded by paganism. The gospel was most likely written around 90 a.d. Logos of course is a Greek word that in Greek philosophy, referred to logic or reason as an abstract force that brought order and harmony into the universe. In John's writings it was these qualities that he brought gathered in the person of Christ. (Jesus and Christ refer to the incarnation.) In both Greek philosophy and Neo-platonic philosophy of that day, as well as the Gnostic heresy, logos was seen as one of many intermediate powers between God and the world.

John said, no, there is one logos and He was in the beginning (Gen 1) and He was with God, and He was God. And repeats, He was with God in the beginning. And all things were made through Him. he is not using "word" poetically, and he is not using word as respect to speech. ὁ λόγος (John 1:1) which denotes the essential Word of od,i.e. thepersonal (hypostatic) wisdom and power in union with God, his minister in the creation and government of the universe, the cause of all the world's life both physical and ethical, which for the procurement of man's salvation put on human nature in the person of Jesus the Messiah and shone forth conspiculously from His words and deeds. John 1:1,14; 1 John 5:7) from Strongs.
John 1:4 says "In Him was life, and that life was the light of men."

John 1:9 says "The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world."

That means that Jesus isn't the true Light because Jesus is a man who the True Light gave light to.

John 1:10 says "He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him."

Jesus wasn't in the world, that would be the omnipresent God, the Father, the only true God. John 3 and John 6 both say that Jesus came down from heaven. Therefore, the one who was in the world isn't Jesus. It's referring to the logos which are actually just God's words. The whole them is very poetic. It eventually culminates in Jesus being created in John 1:14 since Jesus was begotten, i.e., he had a beginning point.

False dichotomy. Proverbs is wisdom literature (how to live wisely) often in the form of poetry---not doctrine and not prose.
If you're going to go with the word being a literal he in John 1 then you can't just willy-nilly decide that Wisdom isn't a literal her in Proverbs 9 without exposing a theology based on some subjective standard.

I sincerely hope you were looking in the mirror when you said that. Or that you are instructing yourself so as not to make the same mistakes you have made in every post of yours that I have responded to, and that I pointed out with evidence and support, rightly dividing the word of God. You simply divide it, which has also been pointed out and illustrated for you.
I am rightly dividing the word of God in a way that honors the integrity of scripture.

Again---hope you were looking in the mirror when you said that. I do not accept statements made such as the logos is an it in John 1, when no proof or evidence is given. I did give you two expositions of evidence that shows otherwise, and according to John's intent when he wrote it; not according to the intent of a Unitarian in 2024. So the ball is in your court on that one.
The logos is an it in 1 John 1:1,2. Did John contradict himself?

He is if you worship Him as God, and if you don't worship Him in this way you disobey God, and will not be in those surrounding the throne worshiping Him night and day.
God never commanded Christians to worship Jesus as God. Doesn't exist in the Bible.

Tell me, is Jesus being worshiped in Rev 5:1-14
The One on the throne is God and the Lamb isn't. It doesn't follow they would worship any one other than God.

See, God Almighty and the Lamb aren't the same person.

Revelation 21
22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
Interesting that you quoted this passage since Revelation 5:1-14 refers to the One on the throne being worship and Revelation 19:1-8 say the one on the throne is God, not the Lamb.

Revelation 19
4And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne, saying:

Oh, by all means, lets blame it on translations when all else fails!! What an unsubstantiated cop out. It could not possibly be that you don't know how to rightly divide the word!
I think critically about the Bible and rightly divide it. Why would I simply trust Bibles translated by trinitarians with an agenda to spread their religion? I recommend you look deeply into the scripture and examine every word! Don't take for granted you are being given the truth by publishers and their sponsors.

I won't bother with the scriptures that say otherwise because you have been given them before and we all know how you spit on them by twisting that would put a contortionist to shame.
Okay, don't address the scriptures that prove Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob then. I wouldn't want to be in the position to try to address that either. However, I would want to be in the position to learn, grow, and find the truth. Wouldn't it be great if when everyone saw the truth that actually could recognize it?

He is exalted to the very throne of God. Think mission and purpose.
No, he was exalted to the right hand of God.

Acts 2
33Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Last edited:
Then how come we are made in His image. Don’t ignore scripture.
Image in this case refers to the likeness of God, but not God. The image or likeness of God isn't God. God isn't referred to as the "image of God."

neither of these versus say that God‘s image can’t be made.
God is in heaven. Exodus 20:4 says to not make an image of anything in heaven.

~

Somebody has probably already said this before; but I would like to be another
saying it too.

Matt 11:28-29 . . Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will
give you rest.

John 4:10-14 . .If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink,
you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.

John 7:37 . . On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a
loud voice; "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink."

When Jesus says "come" he expects his audiences to reciprocate with an RSVP.

John 5:39 . . .You diligently study the scriptures because you think that by them
you possess eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about me, yet you
refuse to come to me to have life.
I don't see the word prayer there

NOTE: Prayer can be thought of as rapport; defined as a friendly relationship marked
by ready communication and mutual understanding; which is the opposite of Matt 7:22-23
wherein Jesus informs a number of super-pious individuals that he never knew them, i.e.
they failed to establish an intimate association with God's son.
Jesus said to think of prayer as something one only does to the Father. See Matt 6:6,9

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father
in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.

If you're going to go with the word being a literal he in John 1 then you can't just willy-nilly decide that Wisdom isn't a literal her in Proverbs 9 without exposing a theology based on some subjective standard.
Does that mean I also have to take Ps 104:3 literally? He lays the beams of his chambers on the waters; he makes the clouds his chariot; he rides on the wings of the wind.
USE YOUR HEAD!! And now, actually respond to what I said about John 1. There is nothing subjective about it. You bringing Prov 9 into the conversation is nothing but a red herring, and pure nonsense to boot. Do you know the difference between wisdom literature, poetry, prose, historical narrative? They are not interpreted in the same manner but according to the type of literature they are. Same with parables, analogies, figurative language.
I am rightly dividing the word of God in a way that honors the integrity of scripture.
No you are not. Ask anyone. I have shown you, every one in this thread besides @grace2 has shown you. You have never even shown your work.
The logos is an it in 1 John 1:1,2. Did John contradict himself?
PROVE IT! Don't just say it.
50God never commanded Christians to worship Jesus as God. Doesn't exist in the Bible.
Php 2: 5-11 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is no passage about Jesus knowing the hearts of "all people." Revelation 2:23 is in regards to the church.

What a doctrinal disaster to evade the obvious!

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

The Lord Jesus is speaking to those of the church, so of course He is telling them of the knowledge He possesses. Notice though, as the full knower of the hearts of all people He will not only "give to each one of you according to your deeds" in reference to the saved, but also to the unsaved. The same author informs us that all judgment is the responsibility of the Son (John 5:22). Thus, He is the Judge that will also render to the unsaved according to their deeds in Revelation 20:12-13. To do so would require the ability to fully know the hearts of all people involved - both in Revelation 2 and in Revelation 20.

Revelation 20:12-13
(12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to your deeds.
(13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Last edited:
USE YOUR HEAD!!
Yes, precisely what I am trying to get people to do. So it would seem you cede that the word in John 1 can be seen figuratively like all of the other examples of in the Bible where personification is applied to a non-person things.

Not a person:
Genesis 4:10 - the voice of Abel's blood

Not a person:
Genesis 9:5 - animals are not people with hands

Not a person:
Psalm 77:16 - water can't see people

Not a person:
Proverbs 1 & 9 - wisdom isn't a woman

Not a person:
Isaiah 24:23 - the moon isn't a person who can be confounded

Not a person:
Joel 1:10 - fields don't mourn

Not a person: 🥴
John 1:1 - words aren't a person

No you are not. Ask anyone. I have shown you, every one in this thread besides @grace2 has shown you. You have never even shown your work.
Yes I am. Ask me or @grace2 if what we have shown you is true.

PROVE IT! Don't just say it.
I gave you the verse, but I would be more than happy to quote it:

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands—this is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.

Php 2: 5-11 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
That isn't Jesus being worshipped. Read it again. When Jesus is bowed to, whether in heaven or earth, by any of the saints, but the multitudes of angelic hosts, he doesn't get the glory. No. Only God the Father, the only true God, gets the glory. You think if Jesus is God, shouldn't it say "to the glory of God the Son and God the Father?" Funny that "God the Son" doesn't even exist in scripture.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Back