• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Your understanding is just like the Emperor's clothes.

the kids could see that he was not wearing anything but grown men pretended they could see.

so sad.

the kids could see that he was not wearing anything but grown men pretended they could see.

so sad.

I'm copying and pasting this from "grace2". Just in case it disappears.

We pray to the Holy Father the one with a powerful faith as a labor of his love , Not to the creature the Son of man Jesus

Stephen properly prayed to the Lord Jesus in Acts 7:59-60 to whom he indentified as being the Son of Man in Acts 7:56.
I'll go by what Stephen properly did instead of your outlandish theory.

so sad.

I'm copying and pasting this from "grace2". Just in case it disappears.
It would not disappear unless the mods delete it.

The Fathee isn’t Satan. Jesus said the Father is the one who gives.

John 16
23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.
Every good gift comes from the Father, not Jesus.

James 1
17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.
You're avoiding the question....If I pray to Jesus am I really being deceived and praying to Satan?

Ok, since you do not know what Jesus says:

here it is:

Matthew 6:9-13
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. ...
Can I pray....Dear God instead of Our Father?

It would not disappear unless the mods delete it.
They would not delete it unless you broke the rules of the forum and were warned in advance. In fact, they would quote it to prove you were wrong and you originally wrote it and later edited it to take out the obvious errors.

That's why it pays to photograph the original text that was posted, so that later on a person cannot lie and change it to try to troll people on the internet.

so sad.
Well, you are no fun. All you do is accuse people, use only yourself to base the validity of those accusations on, and won't even attempt to carry on an adult conversation.

So.
👋

Well, you are no fun. All you do is accuse people, use only yourself to base the validity of those accusations on, and won't even attempt to carry on an adult conversation.

So.
👋
My faith is according to what the Bible says and speaking the Truth is not accusation.

That's what His followers are supposed to do to spread the Truth.

They would not delete it unless you broke the rules of the forum and were warned in advance. In fact, they would quote it to prove you were wrong and you originally wrote it and later edited it to take out the obvious errors.

That's why it pays to photograph the original text that was posted, so that later on a person cannot lie and change it to try to troll people on the internet.
????????????????

whatever, friend.

Can I pray....Dear God instead of Our Father?
It depends, on whether you mean Jesus is God.

In your case, I know you mean praying to Jesus which Jesus did not instruct us to do.

Sorry, but those don't apply to any context of praying to Jesus. Jesus plainly taught that praying to the Father is the appropriate way to pray with asking in the name of Jesus for the Father to give what the request is for.
This was a scriptural response to your implication that only the father gives..

Your premise seems to be that since religion is an irrational exercise that it follows you proving that God there is a God is an irrational exercise. One comes with observation, the other does not. The tools used to confirm or deny a material religion are not the same tools used to confirm that God exists.

However, in a Bible discussion we use the internal self-referencing truths of the Bible to prove itself. As you rightly said, there is some faith (trust) involved, but that doesn't mean we terminate all thought. We can still think critically with the brains God gave us to search for the truth in the Bible.
I was addressing your call for proof. Everything else in your post was not included in my premise. Asking for proof from the bible denies faith. We can look for evidence to support our conclusions but to say that one has proven something is fooling oneself.

You have yielded the field. Thanks
That is not read by anyone in any Bible. It doesn't exist. Ironic you say I am challenging scripture and that you aren't and then you immediately add to the scripture. Interesting.
I'm sorry. I assumed that you were familiar with the scriptural evidence. "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isiah 7:14. Since I am now not sure how familiar you are with the scriptural evidence I will mention that Immanuel means God With Us. My apologies if you already knew this.

So that I am not guessing are you one who also believes that Jesus did not exist before His birth on this earth? That He was created by God in Mary's womb to be the whipping boy for sin. Or do you believe that he did share the Glory with His Father before the world was created and that all things were created through Him?

Jesus says narrow is the gate to life and only a few find it.

I know I cannot persuade any trines to see the light but I am doing this for the benefit of people who might read it.

Besides, His followers have the responsibility to spread the Truth about God's kingdom.

blessings, brother.
Yes, but some of the proverbial soil is more rocky than others. We can plow a stony field all day but it requires more work. I have had better luck with people who aren't on forums. People on bible discussion forums tend to be hardened to a point beyond hearing. The predisposition is often to debate, not grow and learn.

God bless and keep going that extra mile!

Jesus is God. (I won't waste time listing 30 verses directly or indirectly saying so.
Jesus isn't God. I won't bother quoting over 6,000 instances from the Old Testament where Jesus is demonstrably not YHWH.

Faith requires that God (not man) save a person.
Have you ever read the New Testament? God saves through the man Jesus. Take it up with God.

John 3
16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

1 Timothy 2
5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

It doesn't read to pray only to the Father.
When you pray = any time you pray
This is how you should pray = the only way to pray

Jesus only taught to pray to the Father. Deal with it.

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be Your name.

This was a scriptural response to your implication that only the father gives..
When you speak of God you will uppercase His title, Father. Only the Father gives. That's what scripture says.

Back