• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

that Jesus says His Father is God.
If course Jesus called God Father. Have you never read why? Here it is in Luke 1:34-35

And Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, since I am a virgin?" And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy---the Son of God."

And God said Jesus is God.
Yes, Jesus the Christ not to be mistaken with Jesus the Son of man.dying mankind .

Christ the one good teaching master the Holy Spirit .

Jesus would never blaspheme the name of the Holy Father, eternal God

Mark 10:17-18 King James Version1And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Many did know Christ as eternal God who worked in the Son of man Jesus as he does today with us. . to both reveal his will and empower mankind to do it to the good pleasure of the Father .

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Jesus our brother in the lord did the will of the father with delight some like Jonas wanted to die knowing God would forgive the thousand of Ninevite who knew not there right hand as a will from there left First time they heard the good news of Christ the Holy Spirit

The one time promised demonstration of the Father not seen and the Son dying flesh seen is over. Another three days and nights demonstration was not promised.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Psalm 34 and 1 Peter
Peter quotes from Psalm 34:8 and applies YHWH from this passage in reference to Jesus in 1 Peter 2:3.
1 Peter 2:3-4
(
3) If ye have tasted the kindness of the Lord.
(4) To whom coming, as unto a living stone, rejected by men, but is elite and precious in the sight of God.

Peter again quotes from this same chapter and applies YHWH from Psalm 34:15-16a in reference to Jesus in 1 Peter 3:12.
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

------> Thus, those who deny the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer are refuted by 1 Peter 3:12.

(A) More proof:
1 Peter 2:25
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Being the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls (1 Peter 2:25) His eyes are toward the righteous (1 Peter 3:12).

(B) More proof:
1 Peter 3:15
But hallow ye the Lord Christ in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

Just three verses after 1 Peter 3:12, Peter quotes and Old Testament passage (Isaiah 8:13) and once again applies YHWH in reference to Jesus in 1 Peter 3:15.

(C) More proof:
Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.

Earlier in his life, Peter applied YHWH from Joel 2:32 in reference to Jesus being the Lord in Acts 2:21.

Last edited:
If course Jesus called God Father. Have you never read why? Here it is in Luke 1:34-35

And Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, since I am a virgin?" And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy---the Son of God."
So you don't believe God and Jesus say "God is one and there is no other".?

The Fathee isn’t Satan. Jesus said the Father is the one who gives.
Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

.John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

When we read all of the bible we find that Jesus also gives us good things. When we bring our conclusions to the bible rather than let the word speak to us we can become blinded by confirmation bias. This is true for all of us.

You are challenging scripture not me. You are making up facts that are not in the Bible. Until you can address the specific texts I have provided it is simply your own word against the word of God.
Ditto.

God came to us as a baby so that in all ways He was made like us. Have you never read that in your Bible before?
That is not read by anyone in any Bible. It doesn't exist. Ironic you say I am challenging scripture and that you aren't and then you immediately add to the scripture. Interesting.

Religion is an irrational exercise. Can you even prove that there is a God? If we have proof then we don’t need faith. I have evidence but no proof. Your disbelief in the Godhood of Christ also lacks proof.
Your premise seems to be that since religion is an irrational exercise that it follows you proving that God there is a God is an irrational exercise. One comes with observation, the other does not. The tools used to confirm or deny a material religion are not the same tools used to confirm that God exists.

However, in a Bible discussion we use the internal self-referencing truths of the Bible to prove itself. As you rightly said, there is some faith (trust) involved, but that doesn't mean we terminate all thought. We can still think critically with the brains God gave us to search for the truth in the Bible.

Last edited:
Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

.John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

When we read all of the bible we find that Jesus also gives us good things. When we bring our conclusions to the bible rather than let the word speak to us we can become blinded by confirmation bias. This is true for all of us.
Sorry, but those don't apply to any context of praying to Jesus. Jesus plainly taught that praying to the Father is the appropriate way to pray with asking in the name of Jesus for the Father to give what the request is for.

Everything they say is debunked.
Yes and maybe a day from now, weeks, months, or even years they might accept it. There is no easy method of conquering one's own ego unless it is already one's predisposition to be a truth seeker. Often what we have are seekers trying to prove what their church said rather than seeking Biblical truths to conform to.

Perfect example is that Jesus said in Matt 6:6,9 that when they pray to pray to the Father. Nothing unclear about that, but as you can see there are very few who seem to actually believe it.

Yes and maybe a day from now, weeks, months, or even years they might accept it. There is no easy method of conquering one's own ego unless it is already one's predisposition to be a truth seeker. Often what we have are seekers trying to prove what their church said rather than seeking Biblical truths to conform to.

Perfect example is that Jesus said in Matt 6:6,9 that when they pray to pray to the Father. Nothing unclear about that, but as you can see there are very few who seem to actually believe it.
Jesus says narrow is the gate to life and only a few find it.

I know I cannot persuade any trines to see the light but I am doing this for the benefit of people who might read it.

Besides, His followers have the responsibility to spread the Truth about God's kingdom.

blessings, brother.

Again, communicating with someone isn’t a prayer because Jesus is the high priest, lord of the church, and mediator between God and men. We only prayer to God.
Jesus is God. (I won't waste time listing 30 verses directly or indirectly saying so.
Faith requires that God (not man) save a person.

It doesn't read to pray only to the Father.

Of course I believe that!
your belief in God the Father and the God the Son makes two Gods.

Just because repeating the same thing over and over and over will make it right.

This is what I mean you guys are so dishonest, which is a grave sin.

You guys are in denial of grave sin.

this message is for @fastfredy0 too.

your belief in God the Father and the God the Son makes two Gods.
No, it doesn't. It is your misunderstanding that makes two Gods out of what is not. It is actually your view that presents two Gods as you have a creature being made equal to God, sitting on God's very throne, being given authority over all creation, things in heaven and things on earth; judging the people, separating the sheep from the goats.

You have the Bible contradicting itself when it says in Gen 1:1 that God created everything that is, and in John 1, John saying Jesus created everything that was made, things seen and things not seen, and you say Jesus is a creature. Two God's. You worship a creature when you offer praises to Jesus, formal or informal, that belong to God alone. Saying it is not worship does not make it not worship.Two Gods.

It doesn't read to pray only to the Father.
We pray to the Holy Father the one with a powerful faith as a labor of his love , Not to the creature the Son of man Jesus he has no power of his own he prayed Holy Father thy will be done .Not according to the powerless one theSon of man jesus

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No, it doesn't. It is your misunderstanding that makes two Gods out of what is not.

Your understanding is just like the Emperor's clothes.

the kids could see that he was not wearing anything but grown men pretended they could see.

so sad.

Back