• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Now you know that there are no explicit references to praying to Jesus in the Bible. I would sure like my Bible to tell me to pray to my God if Jesus is God. Seems like that's missing for you.

Begin with Matt 6:6,9 where Jesus prescribed prayer only to the Father. I hope that helps.
Again I showed you scripture, case closed

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God. Jesus taught all of his disciples to pray only to God the Father (Matt 6:6,9)

YHWH knows the hearts of all:

1 Kings 8​
39be heard by You[YHWH] from heaven, Your dwelling place. And may You forgive and act, and repay each man according to all his ways, since You know his heart—for You alone know the hearts of all men—

Jesus does not know the hearts of all:

Revelation 2​
23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.​

Jesus isn't YHWH:

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Jesus was never prayed to:

Acts 1​
24And they prayed, “Lord,[YHWH] You know everyone’s heart..."

Therefore Jesus isn't God and he denied it:

Mark 10​
18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.​
YHWH and Jesus appear to be the same person. The similarities are undeniable.

Refuted here:

In post 93 you asserted:
"Asking someone for something in heaven isn't praying to them."

In post 94 I asked:
"How's your communication with others besides God in heaven coming along?"

In post 98 you replied:
"Great."

In post 100 I wrote for you to:
"List some who you talk to that are in heaven."

And since this time you have continually dodging doing so.

Why are you hiding?
Maybe he is running form something?

Jesus was never prayed to in the Bible, never instructed anyone to pray to himself, and isn't God. Jesus taught all of his disciples to pray only to God the Father (Matt 6:6,9)

YHWH knows the hearts of all:

1 Kings 8​
39be heard by You[YHWH] from heaven, Your dwelling place. And may You forgive and act, and repay each man according to all his ways, since You know his heart—for You alone know the hearts of all men—
John 2:24-25 KJV
But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
Jesus does not know the hearts of all:

Revelation 2​
23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.​
I, Yahweh, search the heart; I test the inmost being, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his deeds. Jer 17:10
Jesus isn't YHWH:

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​
What makes you think that your additions to the scripture here are correct?
Jesus was never prayed to:

Acts 1​
24And they prayed, “Lord,[YHWH] You know everyone’s heart..."
Your addition to scripture is incorrect it was not "YHWH" it was "Kyrie" which was a title used very often to refer to Christ in the New Testament. i.e. Philippians 2:11
Therefore Jesus isn't God and he denied it:

Mark 10​
18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.​
This is not a denial. It is a challenge to the man's belief in Him. If this were a denial then Jesus would not have said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." The boolean implication here is, that if you call me good, then you must accept me as God.

From post 208 which you dodged:

I'm glad Jesus can hear me when I sing out loud to Him and when I sing to Him silently within my heart - in which He is still able to hear me.

That kind of question is what you keep ignoring (post 210).
Your post was debunked. Singing is praise.

Re: Praying to Jesus
The dying Stephen prays “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit (Acts 7:59). The prayer “Our Lord, come!” (
1 Corinthians 16:22) is addressed to Jesus, as is the prayer in Revelation 22:20b. And Paul also prayed to “the Lord” in 2 Corinthians 12:8 concerning his thorn in the flesh. There is therefore clear enough scriptural warrant to encourage us to pray to the Son.
That’s not prayer to Jesus. They don’t say it’s a prayer and it contradicts Jesus’ clear teachings on praying only to the Father. Matt 6:6,9

Again, communicating with someone isn’t a prayer because Jesus is the high priest, lord of the church, and mediator between God and men. We only prayer to God.

Again, communicating with someone isn’t a prayer because Jesus is the high priest, lord of the church, and mediator between God and men. We only prayer to God.
Then why does Jesus answer prayer? Are we being deceived and it's really Satan?

John 2:24-25 KJV
But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

I, Yahweh, search the heart; I test the inmost being, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his deeds. Jer 17:10

What makes you think that your additions to the scripture here are correct?

Your addition to scripture is incorrect it was not "YHWH" it was "Kyrie" which was a title used very often to refer to Christ in the New Testament. i.e. Philippians 2:11

This is not a denial. It is a challenge to the man's belief in Him. If this were a denial then Jesus would not have said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." The boolean implication here is, that if you call me good, then you must accept me as God.

Jesus didn’t judge anything unless God told him. That means he isn’t God.

John 5
30I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Secondly, it’s demonstrably false Jesus is omniscient. For starters, the boy Jesus had to grow in wisdom in Luke 2:52 and he didn’t know the day or hour of his return in Matt 24:36. That means Jesus isn’t God.

Jesus doesn’t know the hearts of literally all men because he isn’t God. There is a context to which “all” applies. For example, in 1 John 2:20 of the KJV, it says of Christians “ye know all things.” Which is once again false.

Last edited:
Then why does Jesus answer prayer? Are we being deceived and it's really Satan?
The Fathee isn’t Satan. Jesus said the Father is the one who gives.

John 16
23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.
Every good gift comes from the Father, not Jesus.

James 1
17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.

Jesus didn’t judge anything unless God told him. That means he isn’t God.

John 5
30I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Secondly, it’s demonstrably false Jesus is omniscient. For starters, the boy Jesus had to grow in wisdom in Luke 2:52 and he didn’t know the day or hour of his return in Matt 24:36. That means Jesus isn’t God.

Jesus doesn’t know the hearts of literally all men because he isn’t God. There is a context to which “all” applies. For example, in 1 John 2:20 of the KJV, it says of Christians “ye know all things.” Which is once again false.
You are challenging scripture not me. You are making up facts that are not in the Bible. Until you can address the specific texts I have provided it is simply your own word against the word of God.

God came to us as a baby so that in all ways He was made like us. Have you never read that in your Bible before?

Religion is an irrational exercise. Can you even prove that there is a God? If we have proof then we don’t need faith. I have evidence but no proof. Your disbelief in the Godhood of Christ also lacks proof.

I was asking you. Why can't you just answer the question????
Ok, since you do not know what Jesus says:

here it is:

Matthew 6:9-13
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. ...

Back