• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Jesus was never prayed to once in the Bible

Trying to get him to respond to specific questions is not easy.
A she. Impossible is the way I see it. Which kind of makes it looks like she does not have a leg to stand on and knows it.

Your questions are all dismissing my point.

Nothing new, it's been asked tons of times.
What point Grace?

Yes it as been asked many times, for years, in different places, and if it were ever answered, which it never has been, no doubt the asking would cease. Why are you refusing to answer? That is my next question.

I know I disregard most of your quotes other than what Jesus says, it is not just yours.

that's why I disregard most of trins' justification of Jesus being God.

Jesus is the Lord and the Teacher of Christianity and salvation.

You have no excuse to disregard any of what He says.
Truth be told, I don't disregard a single word He says.

Thanks for acknowledging that Jesus is the teacher of Christianity and salvation. Christianity teaches that He is God---and man. The same things He taught His apostles during the 40 days between His resurrection and ascension, that they laid as the foundation of the teachings of Christianity, and we have in Acts and the epistles. That He sent Paul to learn from them that he might be the apostle to the Gentiles. The same things He sent the Holy Spirit to teach them that they might give it to the world.

But you are free to disregard that and Jesus having said it is so.

What point Grace?

Yes it as been asked many times, for years, in different places, and if it were ever answered, which it never has been, no doubt the asking would cease. Why are you refusing to answer? That is my next question.
Can I say "I told you so".

I just put @grace2 on ignore ... ah, wonderful silence.

Sometimes I sing only within my heart to Jesus which constitutes praying to Him.

Ephesians 5:19
Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord.

Just in case there is any confusion, "the Lord" refers to Jesus.
τῷ κυρίῳ in 5:19 with τῷ κυρίῳ in 5:22
Ephesians 5:19-24
(19) speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;
(20) always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;
(21) and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.
(22) Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
(23) For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
(24) But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Singing a song in your heart to someone who isn't God isn't a valid prayer. There is no connection whatsoever.

Yes it is, if its Lord Jesus ! You were just shown you 2 Cor 12

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
The word prayer is absent from every verse about communicating with Jesus.

Singing a song in your heart to someone who isn't God isn't a valid prayer. There is no connection whatsoever.

It wasn't invalid for Paul to command believers to sing to Jesus (Ephesians 5:19).
I'm glad Jesus can hear me when I sing out loud to Him and when I sing to Him silently within my heart - in which He is still able to hear me.

He also still hears me if I slow down singing so much that it is speaking to Him = praying to Him.

Last edited:
It wasn't invalid for Paul to command believers to sing to Jesus (Ephesians 5:19).
I'm glad Jesus can hear me when I sing out loud and when I sing to Him silently within my heart. He still hears me.

He also still hears me if I slow down singing so much that it is speaking to Him = praying to Him
Singing isn't praying. It's praise.

Psalm 147
1Hallelujah!
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and lovely to praise Him!

a valid prayer

Based on post 98 from the link below where is your list of others besides God in heaven to whom you communicate with?
You said your communication with them was "Great."
Who are they?

Singing isn't praying. It's praise.

Psalm 147
1Hallelujah!
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and lovely to praise Him!

Singing to Jesus is okay, but speaking to Jesus isn't?

Based on post 98 from the link below where is your list of others besides God in heaven to whom you communicate with?
You said your communication with them was "Great."
Who are they?
Your thread has nothing to do with this thread.

Singing to Jesus is okay, but speaking to Jesus isn't?
Singing to others and speaking to others isn't a prayer so why do you make an exception for Jesus? Do you sing and talk to other people in heaven?

I showed you scripture
Now you know that there are no explicit references to praying to Jesus in the Bible. I would sure like my Bible to tell me to pray to my God if Jesus is God. Seems like that's missing for you.

Begin with Matt 6:6,9 where Jesus prescribed prayer only to the Father. I hope that helps.

Singing to others and speaking to others isn't a prayer

From post 208 which you dodged:

I'm glad Jesus can hear me when I sing out loud to Him and when I sing to Him silently within my heart - in which He is still able to hear me.

Do you sing and talk to other people in heaven?

That kind of question is what you keep ignoring (post 210).

Re: Praying to Jesus
The dying Stephen prays “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit (Acts 7:59). The prayer “Our Lord, come!” (
1 Corinthians 16:22) is addressed to Jesus, as is the prayer in Revelation 22:20b. And Paul also prayed to “the Lord” in 2 Corinthians 12:8 concerning his thorn in the flesh. There is therefore clear enough scriptural warrant to encourage us to pray to the Son.

Back