• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why is there more than 1 Christian religion?

He was a person of the Trinity. In his incarnation as one of us, he spoke of God the way those redeemed by Him would speak of Him. "My Father." As His adopted children. He is teaching us in those things, who God is to those redeemed through His person and work and who we become to Him.
Neither Jesus nor his disciples were Trinitarian. Neither Jesus nor his disciples ever taught the doctrine.
Therefore, it’s best to agree with Jesus and his disciples that the Father is alone the one true God.

The RCC also says that unless you eat the literal flesh and blood of Christ, you have no life in you.

Neither Jesus nor his disciples were Trinitarian. Neither Jesus nor his disciples ever taught the doctrine.
Therefore, it’s best to agree with Jesus and his disciples that the Father is alone the one true God.
You already said all of that. Saying it again won't change its fallacy. What you need to do is demonstrate that your claim is valid.

Not only that but it uses the straw man argument that Trinitarians do not believe that the Father is the one true God. The Father is not alone, but He is the one true God.

You already said all of that. Saying it again won't change its fallacy. What you need to do is demonstrate that your claim is valid.

Not only that but it uses the straw man argument that Trinitarians do not believe that the Father is the one true God. The Father is not alone, but He is the one true God.
Actually, Jesus says his Father is ALONE the one true God. You left that part out.

Actually, Jesus says his Father is ALONE the one true God. You left that part out.
No I didn't. Maybe you didn't read the whole post? But show me the quote where Jesus uses the word "alone" in reference to the Father. It may be there, but I do not recall it off the top of my head, so show me please.

The RCC also says that unless you eat the literal flesh and blood of Christ, you have no life in you.
What do these verses mean to you?
John 1:1 (NAS20S) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5 And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it.

No I didn't. Maybe you didn't read the whole post? But show me the quote where Jesus uses the word "alone" in reference to the Father. It may be there, but I do not recall it off the top of my head, so show me please.
Jhn 17:3 - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus says that life eternal consists in knowing his Father as the ONLY (alone) true God, and himself whom the only true God has sent.

Trinitarians condemn those whom Jesus and his disciples teach who is ALONE the true God.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The God and Father of Jesus Messiah is the ONLY true God.

What do these verses mean to you?
John 1:1 (NAS20S) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5 And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it.
I make of that that the Word was made flesh.
The Word did not take upon Himself a body which Is said to be not mixed with that body. But rather, what the Word was became flesh
The Word did not become something with two natures as they suggest. The Word was made flesh.
Trinitarians make this void by their doctrine.

I make of that that the Word was made flesh.
The Word did not take upon Himself a body which Is said to be not mixed with that body. But rather, what the Word was became flesh
The Word did not become something with two natures as they suggest. The Word was made flesh.
Trinitarians make this void by their doctrine.
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Word and is God? As the scriptures say?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Word and is God? As the scriptures say?
Certainly. The Word is a name Jesus takes upon himself.
The Word became flesh. The Word did not become two natures.
Jesus ought to be recognized as God because his God has sent to be as such.

Certainly. The Word is a name Jesus takes upon himself.
The Word became flesh. The Word did not become two natures.
Jesus ought to be recognized as God because his God has sent to be as such.
You appear to be saying two contradictory things at the same time.
Jesus IS God. Are you a JW?

You appear to be saying two contradictory things at the same time.
Jesus IS God. Are you a JW?
No, there is one who alone is true God. That would be the God and Father of Jesus.

Jhn 17:3 - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus says that life eternal consists in knowing his Father as the ONLY (alone) true God, and himself whom the only true God has sent.

Trinitarians condemn those whom Jesus and his disciples teach who is ALONE the true God.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The God and Father of Jesus Messiah is the ONLY true God.
The word "alone" is added to the scripture not in it. Trinitarains believe that the Father is the only true God. Like I said straw man and the word "alone" was added to the Scriptures (something forbidden in the scriptures by the scriptures) in order to make it say what it is not saying. "One" and "only" cannot be used as synonyms here or the passage is made to say something that contradicts, John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
Does that say I and my Father are only?

Matt 28:18-20 ANd Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Who does the Bible teach us that by His very existence and as creator has all authority in heaven and on earth? Would he give up that authority and give it to a creature---be mere man? If he did that, he would cease to be be God and a man would become God in his place.

Hebrews 1:1-3 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

Is Jesus God or is he, to those who deny his deity, more of a Hercules?

Oh, so you teach Jesus isn't God???? Then I doubt you have any salvation.

Once again....do you understand the KENOSIS???? I say you obviously don't.
{Edit by Amdim} All true followers believe Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones who are dead would have a hard time telling anyone anything. But can you verify your statement?
Its simple--Google the Abramhic God served from Moses on up by Israel.

The OT and the epistles came before that. So it was taught and preached from the beginning. The doctrine of the Trinity was not made up as you claim. It was extracted from the teachings ---the things that were revealed---to the Bible writers---the very word of God.
No --twisting into unreality to fit false dogma is what occurred.

ROTFLMBO!!!

Much of what Jesus taught was a correction of Judaism! Every single day He corrected false Judaic teachings about God and the things of God.

The apostle John said otherwise.

1 John 4:2-8
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God........ he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error........ The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

They thought God lived in houses built of stone 🤪.

• Tanakh is always correct.
  • Judaism is often wrong.
  • As a consequence of the latter Israel did not know God.
Do you realize there is not a single verse in the entire Bible reporting Israel knew God?

Psalm 53:2-3
God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men to see if there is anyone who understands, who seeks after God. Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Jeremiah 9:3
They bend their tongue like their bow; Lies and not truth prevail in the land; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they do not know Me, declares the LORD.

John 8:19
So they were saying to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also."

If I can be provided with a statement anywhere in the Bible stating Israel knew God then I will give it due consideration and adjust my thinking and my posting according. Otherwise, the claim Israel knew God is an extra-scriptural claim with no basis whatsoever in God's word and, as such, it needs to be discarded in light of the facts above.

And if JWism teaches that falsehood then you now have reason to consider other, more historical, more orthodox more scripturally dependent alternatives.

And since Post 17 is being ignored I'll move on to other threads.
He never corrected the God they served. He served and worshipped their God.
{Edit by Admin}
And Jesus warned all of you the same--( John 15:20-21)That on account of his name( thinking they stand for it) they would do things against the true worshippers=WHY? Because they did not know the one who sent him=( Father= the only true God( John 17:3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic thing is there are several "religions" that actually deny the trinity.

But, off course the JW's are correct as they claim....

I wonder what the Mormons have to say about that.
They use the book of Mormon over the bible. And they serve God as a trinity.

You best think on the facts i showed if you desire to enter Gods kingdom.
This is a Christian forum. Not a JW forum. If you want to continue to post here, then be respectful to Christianity and Jesus Christ the second Person of the Trinity.

Remember these when posting on this forum,

Jesus is God the Son and all things are made by Him: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him [b]not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5 And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it. John 1.

Our God is a Triune God.

Jesus was raised from the dead in a physical body. Not as a mighty spirit creature.

The second coming of Jesus will be at the end of this age. He will come and judge the living and the dead.

Back