• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why is there more than 1 Christian religion?

God has always been who God is. He never "became"a triune being. He has always been Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is who He is.

Before Rome, there existed an understanding of a triune God. It was not invented by the Roman Catholic church. Rome is where much corruption came into that church, but the doctrine of the Trinity was not one of the corruptions, and it is not what the reformers were addressing.

If God is a triune God, then indeed that is the God Israel worshiped. The teaching of His triune existence was not as fully revealed in the OT as it is in the NT, but it is shown in shadows (the Rock, the prophecies, and revealed in the incarnation with the person and work of Jesus and the explanation of these shadows and prophecies by Jesus Himself and later his appointed apostles. It is seen in many places in the NT but here are a couple of examples.

1 Cor 10:4 And all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

Col 2: 1-16
which concludes in vers 17. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

John 17:3 and 1 Cor 8:6 are not refuting the Trinity. Faith in Jesus as Son of God (1 John 4:15) is the only way to be reconciled to God. John 14:6 Jesus answered. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." If Jesus had been refuting his deity he would not have said in the same prayer, 5. And now, Father, glorify mein your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

If 1 Cor 8:6 (yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.) Paul would not have said the very same thing of the Father that he says of Jesus.
381 ce= recorded history= the first time ever the holy spirit was added to a godhead-Council of Constantinople.

This is not even true according to historical evidence. @Tambora has done extensive research on this and has in the past produced her evidence. I invite you Tambora to provide it again for this poster and the rest of us.
Every Israelite since Moses on up to today will tell you the Abrahamic God is a single being God.

If that were true that would simply mean Israel was wrong, not that God is not triune. In point of fact Israel was often wrong about God.
Israel was never wrong about who God was. Do you think Jesus would actually attend a place of worship to ones serving a false god?= never.
Israel did apostatize but knew exactly who God was.

Israel was never wrong about who God was. Do you think Jesus would actually attend a place of worship to ones serving a false god?= never.
You keep rattling on with all this garbage. Is this why you are here?

God corrected the bible-The New world translation.
The false religions using the altered translations condemned the New world translation as well. Yet even they know its 100% fact-God put his name in his real bible version over 7000 places, and that by satan's will it was removed to mislead. They know 100% with that name back in it exposes their falseness. Whose will do you support on that matter? Your religions have shown who they support on that matter. Whose will do you think Jesus would support on that matter? Especially in light of the Lords prayer where Jesus shows all-his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.

The false religions using the altered translations condemned the New world translation as well. Yet even they know its 100% fact-God put his name in his real bible version over 7000 places, and that by satan's will it was removed to mislead. They know 100% with that name back in it exposes their falseness. Whose will do you support on that matter? Your religions have shown who they support on that matter. Whose will do you think Jesus would support on that matter? Especially in light of the Lords prayer where Jesus shows all-his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.
:rolleyes:

Its only garbage to the mislead.
The JW's is a cult. Far from a Christian religion. Claiming Jesus is a created being and the brother of Lucifer. That alone is condemning.

Oh so you -teach--God has a God. How many Gods is that?
Oh, so you teach Jesus isn't God???? Then I doubt you have any salvation.

Once again....do you understand the KENOSIS???? I say you obviously don't.

Every Israelite since Moses on up to today will tell you the Abrahamic God is a single being God.
The ones who are dead would have a hard time telling anyone anything. But can you verify your statement?

381 ce= recorded history= the first time ever the holy spirit was added to a godhead-Council of Constantinople.
The OT and the epistles came before that. So it was taught and preached from the beginning. The doctrine of the Trinity was not made up as you claim. It was extracted from the teachings ---the things that were revealed---to the Bible writers---the very word of God.

Israel was never wrong about who God was.
ROTFLMBO!!!
Do you think Jesus would actually attend a place of worship to ones serving a false god?= never.
Much of what Jesus taught was a correction of Judaism! Every single day He corrected false Judaic teachings about God and the things of God.
The apostle John said otherwise.

1 John 4:2-8
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God........ he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error........ The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

They thought God lived in houses built of stone 🤪.

• Tanakh is always correct.
  • Judaism is often wrong.
  • As a consequence of the latter Israel did not know God.
Do you realize there is not a single verse in the entire Bible reporting Israel knew God?

Psalm 53:2-3
God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men to see if there is anyone who understands, who seeks after God. Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Jeremiah 9:3
They bend their tongue like their bow; Lies and not truth prevail in the land; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they do not know Me, declares the LORD.

John 8:19
So they were saying to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also."

If I can be provided with a statement anywhere in the Bible stating Israel knew God then I will give it due consideration and adjust my thinking and my posting according. Otherwise, the claim Israel knew God is an extra-scriptural claim with no basis whatsoever in God's word and, as such, it needs to be discarded in light of the facts above.

And if JWism teaches that falsehood then you now have reason to consider other, more historical, more orthodox more scripturally dependent alternatives.

And since Post 17 is being ignored I'll move on to other threads.

I think they meant denominations. As to why that would be a problem I don't know.
That is why I asked the question. He has had that pointed out to him twice---that it isn't many Christian religions but denominations.Yet he still continues to use "religions." I thought if he named three, which of course if he did it would turn out to be denominations, he would see the difference.

But then----it is the same argument the Catholic's use against sola scriptura and will not budge from.

That is why I asked the question. He has had that pointed out to him twice---that it isn't many Christian religions but denominations.Yet he still continues to use "religions." I thought if he named three, which of course if he did it would turn out to be denominations, he would see the difference.

But then----it is the same argument the Catholic's use against sola scriptura and will not budge from.
Ironic thing is there are several "religions" that actually deny the trinity.

But, off course the JW's are correct as they claim....
God corrected the bible-The New world translation.
I wonder what the Mormons have to say about that.

Ironic thing is there are several "religions" that actually deny the trinity.
And they are not Christian no matter what they claim.

Jesus wasn’t a Trinitarian.
He was a person of the Trinity. In his incarnation as one of us, he spoke of God the way those redeemed by Him would speak of Him. "My Father." As His adopted children. He is teaching us in those things, who God is to those redeemed through His person and work and who we become to Him.

Back