• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The elephant named Trinity.~

The Holy Spirit spoke and used the pronouns "Me" and "I".

Acts 13:2
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Your ankle is unable to do that.
How petty. My mouth/tongue is another attribute of mine. It can talk. Still, not a separate person.

But you are making my case.

Holy Spirit impregnated Mary but Jesus called YHWH Father.
Then you are misunderstanding completely. The HS does not have a name but the God, who alone is the Father, has a name. His Spirit was moved to impregnate Mary, which is merely an attribute of the father. That's why we don't credit the HS with being Jesus' Father.

Trinitarianism holds absurd position that a person who was not Jesus' Father fathered him. Just one of many contradiction upon contradiction.

Does this mean the Father is not the Lord of the Christian?
Correct. It means we have one Governor and one mayor and they are not the same person.
Acts 2:36
God has made him both Lord and Christ

Who made Jesus Lord himself? No. He was not eternally lord but made lord and he was made lord by another Being, God. This means God in his whole, unitarian nature, not a part of God. Language usage.

Acts 2:36
God has made him both Lord and Christ

Who made Jesus Lord himself? No. He was not eternally lord but made lord and he was made lord by another Being, God. This means God in his whole, unitarian nature, not a part of God. Language usage.

Okay, let's stick with language usage.

The same Greek word for "made" (poieō) is used in the Septuagint in boldface below.

Isaiah 63:14
As the cattle which go down into the valley,
The Spirit of the LORD gave them rest.
So You led Your people,
To make for Yourself a glorious name.

Was there a time that God's name was not glorious before He made it so?

Then you are misunderstanding completely. The HS does not have a name but the God, who alone is the Father, has a name. His Spirit was moved to impregnate Mary, which is merely an attribute of the father. That's why we don't credit the HS with being Jesus' Father.

Trinitarianism holds absurd position that a person who was not Jesus' Father fathered him. Just one of many contradiction upon contradiction.
You seem to have a good understanding of God and Jesus' identity.

Yet, your holding onto speaking in tongue is a mystery.

This is one of your trapping in the worldlyness.

Jesus' dad is not called the Holy Spirit but Father. It's kind of like no father impregnates, only his "left ankle" does the actual impregnating. :)

Thinking of the HS as an actual person is the basic problem. My left ankle is not an actual separate person from me.
What is a cube? Stick with this idea for a moment..

One definition is A cube is a three-dimensional figure with 6 square faces, 8 vertices and 12 edges.

Lets say someone asks you to measure this cube. So you begin from left to right, and arrive at a figure that would be called the width.

You continue on and and you measure from bottom to top. This measurement would be called the height.

Finally you measure the cube from front to back. Which is the depth..

You have a width, height, and depth.3 necessary parts to make up this cube.

What is the definition or purpose of a width?
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition •

width /wĭdth, wĭth, wĭtth/

noun

1. The state, quality, or fact of being wide.
  2. The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
  3. A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension or its crosswise grain, especially a piece of fabric measured from selvage to selvage.
HUH??? Would you look at that. width has 3 definitions.

What is the purpose of a height?
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

height /hīt/

noun

1. The distance from the base of something to the top.
  2. Elevation above a given level, as of the sun or a star above the horizon; altitude. synonym: elevation.
    Similar: elevation
  3. The condition or attribute of being relatively or sufficiently high or tall.
    "Height is an advantage in basketball."
Well shut my mouth. Would you look at that. Height also has 3 definitions.

What is the purpose of a depth?
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

depth /dĕpth/

noun

1. The condition or quality of being deep.
  2. The extent, measurement, or dimension downward, backward, or inward.
    "dove to a depth of 30 feet; shelves with enough depth to store the large boxes."
  3. The measurement or sense of distance from an observation point, such as linear perspective in painting.

Oh wow... the dictionery lies.... It has to be a lie else how could they show 3 definitions for each width, height, and depth.

None of these three is a cube... RIGHT?
RIGHT?
But you cannot have a cube without a width , depth, or height.
Made up of 3 parts that each and of themselves carries a purpose other then being a part of the cube.
SAME WITH God the Father, God the Son , and God the Holy Spirit.
NOW... IF THIS EXAMPLE ESCAPES YOU BECAUSE IT IS INANIMATE AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
LIVING ENTITIES....THINK OF THIS.
You are married. ( or have been)

When you said you would take your wife for better or worse... yada yada and she also said that to you IN THE EYES OF GOD YHWH ..aka THE FATHER...YOU two became one.

I will finish about if the Holy Spirit is an actual person.....
The Holy Spirit is as God. A Spirit. The same as Jesus now is.
But the answer to your question is simplicity explained in Got Questions....

Many people find the doctrine of the Holy Spirit confusing. Is the Holy Spirit a force, a person, or something else? What does the Bible teach?

The Bible provides many ways to help us understand that the Holy Spirit is truly a person—that is, He is a personal being, rather than an impersonal thing. First, in almost every instance, pronouns used in reference to the Spirit are he and him, not it. In this way, the original Greek of the New Testament is explicit in confirming the person of the Holy Spirit. The word for “Spirit” (pneuma) is grammatically neuter and would naturally take neuter pronouns to have grammatical agreement. Yet, in many cases, masculine pronouns are found (e.g., John 15:26; 16:13–14). There is no other way to understand these ”ungrammatical” pronouns related to the Holy Spirit—He is a personal being, a “He.”

Matthew 28:19 teaches us to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is a collective reference to one Triune God. Also, we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit can be sinned against (Isaiah 63:10) and lied to (Acts 5:3). We are to obey Him (Acts 10:19–21) and honor Him (Psalm 51:11).

The personhood of the Holy Spirit is also affirmed by His many works. He was personally involved in creation (Genesis 1:2), empowers God’s people (Zechariah 4:6), guides (Romans 8:14), comforts (John 14:26), convicts (John 16:8), teaches (John 16:13), restrains sin (Isaiah 59:19), and gives commands (Acts 8:29). Each of these works requires the involvement of a person rather than a mere force, thing, or idea.

The Holy Spirit’s attributes also point to His personality. The Holy Spirit has life (Romans 8:2), has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11), is omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), is eternal (Hebrews 9:14), and is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7). A mere force could not possess all of these attributes, but the Holy Spirit does.

And the personhood of the Holy Spirit is affirmed by His role as the third Person of the Godhead. Only a being who is equal to God (Matthew 28:19) and possesses the attributes of omniscience, omnipresence, and eternality could be defined as God.

In Acts 5:3–4, Peter referred to the Holy Spirit as God, stating, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” Paul likewise referred to the Holy Spirit as God in 2 Corinthians 3:17–18, stating, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

The Holy Spirit is a person, as Scripture makes clear. As such, He is to be revered as God and serves in perfect unity with Father and Son to lead us in our spiritual lives.

And God the Father is a dove......

How absurd. Your mouth doesn't identify itself as a 'Me' and an 'I'.
I will not say it. I will not say it. I will not say it. I will not say it. I will not say it.

Oh but I want to..... SMH

How absurd. Your mouth doesn't identify itself as a 'Me' and an 'I'.
Wrong! Totally wrong. My mouth is the only part of me that identifies as "me" and "I" and the only part of me that can other than in writing. :rolleyes:

What is a cube? Stick with this idea for a moment..
No. The trinity is simply not in Scripture. To be clear, when I write that the trinity is not found anywhere in Scripture, I mean that neither the word nor the concept of the trinity is explicitly in the Bible. To avoid the inevitable Appeal to Strawman, there simply is no verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever. If there were such a verse, it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture by those who claim one’s salvation depends on believing it. The concept of the trinity is so important that in 66 books, it is not mentioned once!

All these "back door" rationalizations have to overlook this basic fact. Well, there is a cube, see. You have to presume your doctrine is correct while simultaneously ignoring the fact that it is not in Scripture. This is IDOLATRY.

I cannot reply to this thread.

Here is another point to drive home in that regard and speaks directly to the two natures of Jesus---the nature of God and the nature of man.

A father---be it of the animal or human species---fathers of the same essence (nature) as he himself is. So if God is Jesus' Father, then Jesus has the nature of His Father. A mother also brings forth a child who is of the same nature as she is. Since Mary is HIs mother, Jesus has the same nature as His mother. The Father is deity, the mother is human. Jesus has two distinct natures, and the two are not mixed together.

Another interesting thing is, that mankind is the only other creation created that bears the image and likeness of God. In that sense man is unique within creation. There is none like us in our finite world. God is unique period. There is none like Him. So how can a finite human stand here on earth, with finite knowledge, finite reasoning capacities, finite vision, and finite understanding, and say to God you cannot be triune?

And because of the above stated, the death of rams and goats and bulls, cannot be a sufficient substitute for the death of sinful man. And Jesus had to be human, to stand in the stead of the human transgressor. And He had to have the royalty, the intrinsic value in Himself to be that substitute. And that is something that is not in a creature, not even the highest of His creation, but can only be in one who is higher than the one being redeemed through that shed blood.
I would offer.

God is supernatural. Without beginning of days or end of life

Hebrews 7:14 King James Version7 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Back