• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Our incomprehensible God.

Also applies to other Christians.

Ephesians 3
19of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
All the fullness of Deity and filled with all the fullness of God are not the same thing.

To be have all the fullness of Deity is to be Deity.

Filled with all the fullness of God does not make us devine. What Paul means is clear from eveything that came before that sentence, which was a part of a prayer he was praying for the saints.

8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the [b]fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things [c]through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the [d]manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the [e]principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father [f]of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

I highlighted that portion of those scriptures that also deny you claim that Jesus in not Lord of heaven and earth, and your claim that He is a created human.

Philippians 2:5 Paul said "Have the same mind as Jesus" and then immediately after that said to them that Jesus was in the form of God and that he didn't consider equality with God as something to be grasped. In this passage, Paul is isn't instructing the Philippians about how to think like God, but how to think like their Lord, Jesus Christ.
So, according to you then, Paul is teaching the Philippians to not consider equality with God something to be grasped, because they are already in the form and equality of God? Really?
The "form" of God refers to the visual, outward, appearance. Paul is saying Jesus is godly, righteous, holy and wants the Philippians to emulate that. As far as considering equality with God, God doesn't need to mull over equality with Himself does He? All of this means Jesus isn't God.
who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, Phil 2:6.

You see, the word in the original is subsisting because there is a comparison there between two subsistences or persons, the Father, and the Son; and therefore the Son counts it no robbery to be equal with the Father, because he subsists in the nature of God.
He has the same divine nature, the same Godhead with the Father, and all the fulness of the Godhead dwells truly, really, bodily in the Son. The Godhead dwells personally in the Son. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Col 2:9 <--- says Paul. And you know who Col 2:9 is referring to? Of course, you do - Jesus. You see, Christ is the illustrious brightness of his Father's glory, the lively character of his Father's subsistence or person. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1:3. Christ is not the character of his own subsistence, but of his Father's subsistence, and therefore the Son has a peculiar subsistence distinct from the subsistence of his Father.

Christ is the express image of his Father's person, and therefore the person of the Son is distinct from the person of the Father, for no person is the image or character of itself.

Now who strikes @grace2 ;)

So, according to you then, Paul is teaching the Philippians to not consider equality with God something to be grasped, because they are already in the form and equality of God? Really?

who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, Phil 2:6.

You see, the word in the original is subsisting because there is a comparison there between two subsistences or persons, the Father, and the Son; and therefore the Son counts it no robbery to be equal with the Father, because he subsists in the nature of God.
He has the same divine nature, the same Godhead with the Father, and all the fulness of the Godhead dwells truly, really, bodily in the Son. The Godhead dwells personally in the Son. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Col 2:9 <--- says Paul. And you know who Col 2:9 is referring to? Of course, you do - Jesus. You see, Christ is the illustrious brightness of his Father's glory, the lively character of his Father's subsistence or person. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1:3. Christ is not the character of his own subsistence, but of his Father's subsistence, and therefore the Son has a peculiar subsistence distinct from the subsistence of his Father.

Christ is the express image of his Father's person, and therefore the person of the Son is distinct from the person of the Father, for no person is the image or character of itself.

Now who strikes @grace2 ;)
Not to worry, running man will strike you without much problem.

It will take time because your posts are so lengthy and so many to correct.

Not to worry, running man will strike you without much problem.

It will take time because your posts are so lengthy and so many to correct.
he can take his time. No worries. :)

What they did in Acts 17:11 is the correct approach. They didn't base it on their so-called reasoning or what they thought was logical, but what the Scripture teaches.
The apostolic church is scripture!

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

I would think three is a crowd. Two is the witness one God has spoken .The unseen Holy Father the anointing teacher Christ displaying his power through the Son of man Jesus . The dynamic duo . Three throughout the bible represents the end of a matter.

Jesus the Christ is the same yesterday and today forever.

Not Jesus the Son of man dying mankind. His flesh returned to the dust ..
Sounds like he is denying the resurrection!

This does not justify your spreading a false witness about triune churches are not one of the vast majority.

I am pointing out this because Jesus says to narrow the way to life and only a few find it.
The narrow way is works, practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ and fasting, alms, prayer, stuffing for Christ’s sake not beliefs

1 Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was God…

1 Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning…

Gen 1:1 in the beginning God…

Only God is from the beginning

Lk 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

71 And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.

Cos He claimed to be God

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

None of what you quoted gives an support for the RC Church.

@grace2

If you would like to consider 1 John 5, you will see a Trinity. But let's let scripture speak, and it alone, let's avoid all carnal expressions in the discussion.

I would agree let's look to the spiritual unseen things of God comparing it to the same unseen spiritual. also called faith to faith. Faith the power of God that works in those born again from above Him giving us his understanding from above.

Our new born again faith, Christ labor of love working in us .

Note . . (PURPLE) my personal comments

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our (new combined ) faith. . . .(yoked with his labor of love.)

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Not Jesus the Son of man is eternal God, He was temporal dying man just as us. Jesus the first born again on many sons of God. . . Christians.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came (outwardly represented ) by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not (represented ) by water only, but (represented ) by water and blood.(both) And it is the (One) Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit ( Not Spirits) is truth.(one)

1 John 5:7 For there are three (earthly representatives )that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word,(Father) and the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of Father living word ): and these three (representative shadows of the unseen eternal things of God ) are one. (we have a daily living hope beyond the grave)

1 John 5:8 And there are three (metaphors used in parables) that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. (not three separate)

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Water or blood throughout the bible. both are used to speak of the unseen Holy Father working in us sometimes both metaphors blood and water are used as one . They are found in parables . It just takes a little digging as for silver or gold Yoked with him he can make the burdens lighter

There you are with your sacred Tradition again. I stand amazed at the RCC'c blasphemies. You act against them here but your church endorses how they come to their conclusions because your church comes to their conclusion the same way, that is the Socinians and the many others like JW's and such who reject the Trinity and Christ's deity.

Your folks are even baptized in the name of the Trinity and profess that they believe in the equality of three distinct persons in the same divine essence. And claim that the Trinity can be proven but by unwritten Traditions, by the testimony of the church of Rome. Yet, even some of your popes defended the doctrine of the Trinity against the Socinians. Yet you all do promote them by their vaine doctrine of unwritten traditions.

If you look you will find the Nicene Synod urged scripture for the maintenance of the truth, which they declared in the confession of their faith.

Consider Athanasius, he confronted the Arians with clear testimonies of scripture. He said the true disciples of Christ do clearly understand the doctrine of the holy Trinity preached by divine scripture.

You're absolutely right. Notice how he will quote scripture like crazy when it is convenient. It always comes down to, yes its scripture but it's also Tradition. - Prima Scriptura.
Just like, yes we are saved by faith in Jesus but also by works. Because that is their Tradition - unscriptural practices.
Yet they council those who deny the Trinity in the same order, Tradition.

And his own people are against him. Well, actually they are split.

Cyril, in his book of the Trinity and person of Christ, says, that he would not speak or think anything of God but what is written in His word.

Clemens said that we ought to make good every point in question by the Word of God, because that is the surest, nay, that's the only demonstration.

The RCC is confused.

The narrow way is works, practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ and fasting, alms, prayer, stuffing for Christ’s sake not beliefs
And trine churches deny all Jesus' noble and pure teaching and suit to majority professed followers.

It is so convenient faith. that's why they believe in OSAS crap.

that's the way of wide gate and claim to be saved.

so sad.

And his own people are against him. Well, actually they are split.

Cyril, in his book of the Trinity and person of Christ, says, that he would not speak or think anything of God but what is written in His word.

Clemens said that we ought to make good every point in question by the Word of God, because that is the surest, nay, that's the only demonstration.

The RCC is confused.

Notice what they did and didn't do in Acts 17:11.

They did search the Scriptures.

They didn't wait for Peter (whom the RC's say is the first pope) and they didn't ask Mary (whom RC's are fond of praying to in asking for blessings, etc.).

This only true God, who is God by nature, subsists. And if we were to seek after Him, we would find that he does not subsist very far from any of us, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might feel around for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; Acts 17:27.

But the Godhead does not subsist out of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For all the fullness of the self-same Godhead is in each one of the three. Therefore, the name of God is attributed to each one of the three, in holy scripture.
1) To the Father: Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:25
For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3
2) To the Son: Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Acts 20:28.

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, Titus 2:13.
Beyond question, great is the mystery of godliness:

He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations,
Believed on in the world,
Taken up in glory.
1 Tim 3:16.
which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen. 1 Tim 6:15-16.
3) To the Holy Spirit: 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the proceeds of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God.” Acts 5:3-4.
16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy that person; for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Cor 3:16-17.

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, Heb 1:1.
for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. 2 Peter 1:21.
And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. 1 Cor 12:5-6.

When the name of God is especially attributed to the Father (in regard to order, and the gracious system of order which is by all three for our salvation) the Son and the Spirit are not excluded.

Back