• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Our incomprehensible God.

Notice what they did and didn't do in Acts 17:11.

They did search the Scriptures.

They didn't wait for Peter (whom the RC's say is the first pope) and they didn't ask Mary (whom RC's are fond of praying to in asking for blessings, etc.).
Amen!

And it's really so simple. It's there in black and white.

It's not like these people decided to read the scripture to find the truth, yet others may follow Tradition to find the truth. o_O

You are talking about Jesus as the only true God.

It is a corrupt doctrine changed to suit convenient faith followers.
Well, Jesus is the only true God.

If you deny this you will spend eternity in hell.
You still have time.
Repent and believe!

Jehovah is a title proper and peculiar to God.
I, only I, am the Lord,
And there is no savior besides Me.
12 It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed,
And there was no strange god among you;
So you are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“And I am God.
Isaiah 43:11-12.

And Psalm 83:18 states,
So that they will know that You alone, whose name is the Lord,
Are the Most High over all the earth.

And, the Lord Christ is Jehovea as John assures us, These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke about Him. 42 Nevertheless many, even of the rulers, believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, so that they would not be excommunicated from the synagogue; John 12:41-42.
Take your time and read this, this is about Jesus, = God.
It is Jesus who is God to whom every knee shall bow.
Compare:

Declare and present your case;
Indeed, let them consult together.
Who has announced this long ago?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
22 Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’
People will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25 In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will boast.”
Isaiah 45:21-25.

With:
9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

10 But as for you, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or you as well, why do you regard your brother or sister with contempt? For we will all appear before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord, to Me every knee will bow,
And every tongue will [a]give praise to God.”
12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
Romans 14:9-12.

So, according to you then, Paul is teaching the Philippians to not consider equality with God something to be grasped, because they are already in the form and equality of God? Really?
Paul is telling the Philippians how to think like Jesus. Needing to consider "equality" with means the one considering the equality isn't God. Hence, Jesus is called the "form" of God. These are things the Philippians can achieve.

who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, Phil 2:6.

You see, the word in the original is subsisting because there is a comparison there between two subsistences or persons, the Father, and the Son; and therefore the Son counts it no robbery to be equal with the Father, because he subsists in the nature of God.
He has the same divine nature, the same Godhead with the Father, and all the fulness of the Godhead dwells truly, really, bodily in the Son. The Godhead dwells personally in the Son. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Col 2:9 <--- says Paul. And you know who Col 2:9 is referring to? Of course, you do - Jesus. You see, Christ is the illustrious brightness of his Father's glory, the lively character of his Father's subsistence or person. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1:3. Christ is not the character of his own subsistence, but of his Father's subsistence, and therefore the Son has a peculiar subsistence distinct from the subsistence of his Father.
Partaking of the divine nature of God is something Peter said is attainable for the common Christian. If that's what you think the "form" means, even though it is used repeatedly to refer to the visual appearance of someone or something in the Septuagint, then it still doesn't single out Jesus as God.

2 Peter 1
4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Furthermore, if you think "form" refers to the divine nature exclusively, then Mark 16:12 may be of interest to you because the "form" of Jesus changed. If that's as you say, Jesus' divine nature changed. That means he would has ceased being the God who never changes, yesterday, today, or forever.

Mark 16
12After this, Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them as they walked along in the country.
Christ is the express image of his Father's person, and therefore the person of the Son is distinct from the person of the Father, for no person is the image or character of itself.
That we agree with. And no matter how much someone has in common with someone else they can never be that person. Therefore, having something in common with God, does not make someone God.

@grace2 @Runningman

Jesus Christ is Emmanuel, God with us.
“Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they shall name Him Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.” Matthew 1:23.

He took on flesh and blood,
Beyond question, great is the mystery of godliness:

He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations,
Believed on in the world,
Taken up in glory.
1 Tomothy 3:16.

And, He redeemed the church with his own blood,
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood Acts 20:28.

How can anyone deny such explicit truth!

@grace2 @Runningman

Jesus Christ is Emmanuel, God with us.
“Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they shall name Him Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.” Matthew 1:23.
While that is the definition of the name Immanuel, is Jesus himself the "God with us" or was God with Jesus who was also with the people? God can be with Jesus without the definition of the name Immanuel meaning Jesus is God. This is scriptural.

Acts 10
38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.
He took on flesh and blood,
Beyond question, great is the mystery of godliness:

He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations,
Believed on in the world,
Taken up in glory.
1 Tomothy 3:16.
Nothing to add. Thank you for quoting the version that says "He who was revealed in the flesh" rather than the version that says "God was revealed in the flesh."

And, He redeemed the church with his own blood,
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood Acts 20:28.

How can anyone deny such explicit truth!
For Acts 20:28, there is a footnote in many Bible says the literal translation of this is "with the blood of His own [Son]" because as far as we know God is a Spirit and doesn't have blood, but humans like Jesus have blood. We can pull more insight into how this should be read and how it's nuanced. In Revelation 5, Jesus purchased for God those from every nation with his blood. This is entirely different than saying God used His blood to purchase the church.

Revelation 5
9And they sang a new song:
“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals,
because You were slain,
and by Your blood You purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Paul is telling the Philippians how to think like Jesus. Needing to consider "equality" with means the one considering the equality isn't God. Hence, Jesus is called the "form" of God. These are things the Philippians can achieve.
Respectfully I believe you need to do some homework here. When and if you do, you will find that your argument does not hold any weight.
You will find since there is a comparison between the two persons. Therefore the Son (Jesus) counts it as no robbery to be equal with the Father. Christ has the same divine nature.

Revelation 5
“Worthy are You

It's nice to see that whenever "a new song" appears in the Bible it always refers to the worship of YHWH.
This proves Jesus is YHWH (Revelation 5:9).

That we agree with. And no matter how much someone has in common with someone else they can never be that person. Therefore, having something in common with God, does not make someone God.
Are you beginning to see (consider) God in three persons? :unsure:

While that is the definition of the name Immanuel, is Jesus himself the "God with us" or was God with Jesus who was also with the people? God can be with Jesus without the definition of the name Immanuel meaning Jesus is God. This is scriptural.
Friend, here is a reason to trust only scripture in this teaching. God is unsearchable and incomprehensible. You cannot reason it out.
Acts 10
38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Nothing to add. Thank you for quoting the version that says "He who was revealed in the flesh" rather than the version that says "God was revealed in the flesh."
Oh, sure thing. :)
For Acts 20:28, there is a footnote in many Bible says the literal translation of this is "with the blood of His own [Son]" because as far as we know God is a Spirit and doesn't have blood, but humans like Jesus have blood. We can pull more insight into how this should be read and how it's nuanced. In Revelation 5, Jesus purchased for God those from every nation with his blood. This is entirely different than saying God used His blood to purchase the church.

Revelation 5
“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals,
because You were slain,
and by Your blood You purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
Trust what is in scripture alone.

It's nice to see that whenever "a new song" appears in the Bible it always refers to the worship of YHWH.
This proves Jesus is YHWH (Revelation 5:9).
And just how do you know that? :unsure:

Because scripture teaches it! :)

Amen brother!

@Runningman @grace2

Do you know that the attributes and the worship of God are all ascribed to Jesus Christ, so that we may confess and acknowledge him to be God, the true God, the mighty God, the self-same only God with the Father and the Holy Spirit?

Perhaps it's time to consider some attributes.

@Runningman @grace2

Do you know that the attributes and the worship of God are all ascribed to Jesus Christ, so that we may confess and acknowledge him to be God, the true God, the mighty God, the self-same only God with the Father and the Holy Spirit?

The attributes of God ascribed to the Lord Jesus Christ.

1) The eternity of God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1.
Some heretics teach the word was "A" god. But that is of those who deny the truth and do not understand the Greek to rightly translate it. Again, who needs scripture for truth, traditions are good, right? ....No!

He is the first and the last. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, Rev 1:17.
He, Jesus, is the first and the last, hense it is that he is called "the firstborn of every creature," because he who created all, and upholds all, has power to command and dispose of all.

Compare these passages:
“This is what the Lord says, He who is the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of armies:

‘I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me. Isaiah 44:6,

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Revelation 22:13.

If some cannot see this, that Jesus is God. they are either in denial, don't want to accept it or, they are blinded by the devil.

@Runningman @grace2

2) Jesus is omnipotent.
who will transform the body of our lowly condition into conformity with His glorious body, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. Phil 3:21.

Jesus is the power of God, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Cor 1:24.

Jesus is the Almighty,
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Rev 1:8.

Jesus made all things,
3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. John 1:3.

16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Col 1:16-17.

Even they will perish, but You endure;
All of them will wear out like a garment;
Like clothing You will change them and they will pass away.
Psalm 102:26.

But regarding the Son He says,

“Your throne, God, is forever and ever,
And the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your companions.”
10 And,

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the works of Your hands;
Hebrews 1.

He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and yet the world did not know Him. John 1:10.

Jesus is immutable, (unchangable)
And like a robe You will roll them up;
Like a garment they will also be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end.”
Heb 1:12.
sighted from psalm 102.

26 Even they will perish, but You endure;
27 But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end.
Psalm 102.

Jesus is immutable, (unchangable)
And like a robe You will roll them up;
Like a garment they will also be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end.”
Heb 1:12.
sighted from psalm 102.

26 Even they will perish, but You endure;
27 But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end.
Psalm 102.
@grace2 @Runningman @Keiw1

If any of you are following along, I hope you can see Jesus is God. The evidence is overwhelming in scripture. Do you desire more? That's an easy task since Christ is the central figure in scripture.

@grace2 @Runningman @Keiw1

If any of you are following along, I hope you can see Jesus is God. The evidence is overwhelming in scripture. Do you desire more? That's an easy task since Christ is the central figure in scripture.
Again, you are the one who is so far off, not even close, friend.

It is not easy to read the whole Bible to see what you are claiming is of God.

Don't be so lazy and rely on your corrupt leaders' doctrines.

We are only talking about the basics of Christianity, milk stuff that you are not even passing.

@Runningman @grace2

You are trying to teach that you don't even know what you are talking about.

You never get it unless you circumcise your heart. This is the first step you need to take.

Back