• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Do believers have visions and dreams today?

Do believers have visions and dreams today?

• Total voters
You made the claim that some of the gifts are temporary and ceased with the closed cannon. I'm asking you to back up that claim from Scripture

So... I am to assume that you believe what has been accepted as being the "temporary" gifts? Are in your eyes permanent. correct?

So... I am to assume that you believe what has been accepted as being the "temporary" gifts? Are in your eyes permanent. correct?
I don't understand your question. But I'm still waiting for you to Scripturally support your claim

I'm not entitled to my opinion? You seem to be expressing yours. And think about how many reformers for one that you are being unjust about.

I think you should spend more time on what the man teaches, the details.
I'm not the one accusing anyone of heresy or condemning people to hell, so you can hardly accuse me of being "unjust" to "many reformers." And of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but saying that Wright is writing new Scripture is silly. You may disagree with him, but has he claimed that his writings are on par with Scripture and new divine revelation? Obviously not. I get it. You were being flippant. But imagine if the situation were reversed and some one was saying that about you?

I'm not the one accusing anyone of heresy or condemning people to hell,
And who did I condemn to hell?

I do not know anyone's 11th hour. Okay.
If NT Wright died right now this very instant while still maintaining his current views, would he be an unsaved non-believer?

If NT Wright died right now this very instant while still maintaining his current views, would he be an unsaved non-believer?
Why are you asking me questions like this? Are you getting emotional now?
Please calm down.

And don't ask me questions like this. Thanks.

Why are you asking me questions like this? Are you getting emotional now?
Please calm down.

And don't ask me questions like this. Thanks.
Lol 😆 I'm unbelievably calm right now, and practically falling asleep I'm so calm and relaxed. It's a valid question. You didn't hold back in your disdain and absolute certainty that NT Wright is a heretic and throwing out the gospel. Doesn't it stand to reason that you think he's an unsaved reprobate nonbeliever heretic destined for hell if he doesn't change his views? I'm actually surprised you're holding back.

Lol 😆 I'm unbelievably calm right now, and practically falling asleep I'm so calm and relaxed. It's a valid question. You didn't hold back in your disdain and absolute certainty that NT Wright is a heretic and throwing out the gospel. Doesn't it stand to reason that you think he's an unsaved reprobate nonbeliever heretic destined for hell if he doesn't change his views? I'm actually surprised you're holding back.
Emotional vomit.

I'll give you some time to calm down.

I don't understand your question. But I'm still waiting for you to Scripturally support your claim
maybe its because I do not understand your question.

Emotional vomit.

I'll give you some time to calm down.
I am seriously calm. I wasn't joking about that. Nor am I emotional. Nor am I trying to needle you. I honestly thought this would be an easy question for you. And I'm not trying to bug you, but you really got me curious now about why you're being so hesitant to acknowledge what seems like a straightforward obvious conclusion based on what you've said. I'm not trying to corner you. I don't have any follow up questions or zingers planned. My question is literally just a straightforward what do you think question. It seems obvious to me that if you think Wright is so horribly heretical and throwing out orthodoxy and the gospel that you believe he's not a true believer but an unsaved heretic. It's kind of a no brainer (why wouldn't someone with your views think that way? I'd think it odd if you do believe he's a saved believer). But if you don't want to to talk about it, that's fine. No harm no foul.

There is no Scriptural basis for "temporary gifts" until the Bible appears

Rather than asking to show you where?

You say it like you know there is none.

That tells me you are a beginner and novice ...

And, to try to teach you more advanced doctrine will need to wait before you can have a capacity for it.

I am seriously calm. I wasn't joking about that. Nor am I emotional. Nor am I trying to needle you. I honestly thought this would be an easy question for you. And I'm not trying to bug you, but you really got me curious now about why you're being so hesitant to acknowledge what seems like a straightforward obvious conclusion based on what you've said. I'm not trying to corner you. I don't have any follow up questions or zingers planned. My question is literally just a straightforward what do you think question. It seems obvious to me that if you think Wright is so horribly heretical and throwing out orthodoxy and the gospel that you believe he's not a true believer but an unsaved heretic. It's kind of a no brainer (why wouldn't someone with your views think that way? I'd think it odd if you do believe he's a saved believer). But if you don't want to to talk about it, that's fine. No harm no foul.
TB2, I am not going to answer your every question. If this bothers you, I suggest just stop asking. I see what you are doing, I wasn't born yesterday.

I may start a thread on justification, that should be a good topic. And yes, I do sincerely think Tom Wright is a heretic. I am sorry that bothers you. If you care to, follow along and or contribute to the threads, but don't demand answers to all your questions. This isn't a 20 question run down.

Say as you may... You appear to be a person with agenda.

One who is coming here trying to appear like an innocent lamb, but really wants to find out how the teachings (that you are still hiding and wish to promote) would stand up amongst the thinking of believers who frequent here.

If not? You are doing something wrong that you are not aware of.

For you are sending off signals that some here find themselves sniffing the air to see where you are coming from.

TB2, I am not going to answer your every question. If this bothers you, I suggest just stop asking. I see what you are doing, I wasn't born yesterday.

I may start a thread on justification, that should be a good topic. And yes, I do sincerely think Tom Wright is a heretic. I am sorry that bothers you. If you care to, follow along and or contribute to the threads, but don't demand answers to all your questions. This isn't a 20 question run down.
Carbon, are you not hearing me? I am not bothered by your views. I disagree with them. But I'm not emotionally scarred or anything. As I said, if you don't want to answer then no harm no foul. How is that *demanding*? (Don't answer that. I don't really care. But please don't misrepresent me as *demanding* when all I was doing was asking simply because I was genuinely curious, and even in my last post I said if you don't want to answer you don't have to.)

Carbon, are you not hearing me? I am not bothered by your views. I disagree with them. But I'm not emotionally scarred or anything. As I said, if you don't want to answer then no harm no foul. How is that *demanding*? (Don't answer that. I don't really care. But please don't misrepresent me as *demanding* when all I was doing was asking simply because I was genuinely curious, and even in my last post I said if you don't want to answer you don't have to.)
Count how many times you have asked me already. So, please stop.

And we are good

Say as you may... You appear to be a person with agenda.

One who is coming here trying to appear like an innocent lamb, but really wants to find out how the teachings (that you are still hiding and wish to promote) would stand up amongst the thinking of believers who frequent here.

If not? You are doing something wrong that you are not aware of.

For you are sending off signals that some here find themselves sniffing the air to see where you are coming from.
I have never accused you of ulterior motives or being disingenuous, so please give me the courtesy of extending the same and not making assumptions about me. I have hid nothing about my views and have been completely open and honest about what I think and believe. But if that's the way you feel, no one's forcing you to talk to me.

Back