• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Yahweh 301,302 or Trinity 301,302

You have completely misunderstood who Jesus is.
Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

My understanding of Jesus is Jn 1:1, 14:

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God. . .the Word became flesh and dwelled among us."

And then in Php 2, we have this concerning the God of Jn 1:14 who became flesh:

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: (the God who became flesh in Jn 1:14)

6 Who, existing in the form (morphe--chracteristic feature of a person) of God (in Jn 1:14)
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped, (clung to--Christ was equal with God, but was willing to let it go for a while)

7 but emptied Himself, (of his divine glory)
taking the form (nature) of a servant
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man

he humbled himself and became obedient to death,
even to death on a cross!

This is the mind of Christ that is to be in us--the mind of humility and service that was in God the Son, who did not cling to his divine glory, but set it aside to became man in order to to ransom (Mt 20:28) the elect from damnation.

Last edited:
Triune god denies all about God and Jesus' true identity.
My question was in response to your question, "Why?" to which I did not know the answer, and so asked the same question myself, "Why?"
that makes you a non-believer.
The non-believer is the one who denies the word of God in Jn 1:1, 14:

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God. . .the Word became flesh and dwelled among us."

I believe what the apostle John believed. . .you don't.

Last edited:
Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

My understanding of Jesus is Jn 1:1, 14:

And then in Php 2, we have this concerning the God of Jn 1:14 who became flesh:

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: (the God who became flesh in Jn 1:14)

6 Who, existing in the form (morphe--chracteristic feature of a person) of God (in Jn 1:14)
something to be grasped, (clung to--Christ was equal with God, but was willing to let it go for a while)

taking the form (nature) of a servant

This is the mind of Christ that is to be in us--the mind of humility and service that was in God the Son, who did not cling to his divine glory, but set it aside to became man in order to to ransom (Mt 20:28) the elect from damnation.
According to your analysis, the Philippians are the word of God made flesh because they were told to have the same mind as Jesus. Brilliant. You've crossed into polytheism, again. How many gods are in your pantheon?

According to your analysis, the Philippians are the word of God made flesh because they were told to have the same mind as Jesus.
That explains a lot about your ability to understand plain text.
Feel free to exegete Php 2:5-8, being consistent with its context, understood in the light of the entire NT.

And I'll let some grammarian explain to you my text:

"This is the mind of Christ that is to be in us--the mind of humility and service that was in God the Son, who did not cling to his divine glory, but set it aside to became man in order to to ransom (Mt 20:28) the elect from damnation." (from post #442)

That explains a lot about your ability to understand plain text.
Feel free to exegete Php 2:5-8, being consistent with its context, understood in the light of the entire NT.

And I'll let some grammarian explain to you my text:

"This is the mind of Christ that is to be in us--the mind of humility and service that was in God the Son, who did not cling to his divine glory, but set it aside to became man in order to to ransom (Mt 20:28) the elect from damnation." (from post #442)
The easiest way to say someone is God is to just come right out and say it, but Paul didn't do that. He said Jesus is in the "form" of God because it refers to the outward appearance, i.e., godliness, holiness, etc. This is something practicing Christians like the Philippians should be doing and Paul told them to do. "Be holy as I am holy..."

If you will look at the word morphé in the Greek, it refers to the outward appearance. That means Jesus isn't God. It has nothing to do with essential internal nature.

G3444. morphé
morphé: form, shape
Original Word: μορφή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: morphé
Phonetic Spelling: (mor-fay')
Definition: form, shape
Usage: form, shape, outward appearance.

The easiest way to say someone is God is to just come right out and say it, but Paul didn't do that. He said Jesus is in the "form" of God because it refers to the outward appearance, i.e., godliness, holiness, etc. This is something practicing Christians like the Philippians should be doing and Paul told them to do. "Be holy as I am holy..."

If you will look at the word morphé in the Greek, it refers to the outward appearance. That means Jesus isn't God. It has nothing to do with essential internal nature.

G3444. morphé
morphé: form, shape
Original Word: μορφή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: morphé
Phonetic Spelling: (mor-fay')
Definition: form, shape
Usage: form, shape, outward appearance.

The easiest way to say someone is God is to just come right out and say it, but Paul didn't do that.
1) Actually, Paul did do that in Php 2:6-8:

something to be grasped,
(clung to--Christ was equal with God, but was willing to let it go for a while)
taking the form (nature) of a servant,

He said Jesus is in the "form" of God because it refers to the outward appearance,
a) Nope. . .he said Jesus was made in human likeness, being found in appearance as a man (v.8).
While actually, Jesus' form was (in Greek = characteristic feature) of God,

b) And if form is only an outward appearance in Php 2:6-8, that also makes Jesus a just-pretend servant to his Father who had begotten (sired) him (. . .just keeps gettin' better 'n better).

2) And not only did Paul do it, the apostle whom Jesus loved also did it in John 1:1, 14:

3) And then we have the words of Jesus himself who said that:

1) he is I AM (Jn 8:58, 18:5, 6, 8),
2) his disciples should believe in him just as they believe in God (Jn 14:1),
3) all are to honor the Son just as they honor the Father (Jn 5:23),
4) when you look at him, you are looking at the one who sent him, God (Jn 12:45),
5) anyone who has seen him has seen the Father (Jn 14:9),
6) when you believe in him, you are believing in the one who sent him, God (Jn 12:44)
7) those who know him know the Father (Jn 14:7),
8) all that the Father has is his (Jn 16:15, 17:10); i.e., divinity, infinite power, glory, wisdom, sovereignty, authority, etc.

Jesus declares that what God is, he is; thereby making himself equal with God (Jn 5:18b, 10:33).

The Jews understood exactly what he was saying and sought many times to stone him for blasphemy because "he claimed to be God" (Mk 2:3-7, Jn 6:41-42, 10:30-33, 5:18, 8:58-59, 19:7/Lev 24:16).

So. . .it's no my job to convince you of the NT testimony to the divinity (Godhood) of Jesus.
That is the work of the Holy Spirit, and he does not do it for everyone.
He also knows if we are being absolutely truthful with ourselves regarding his NT testimony to the divinity (Godhood) of Jesus,
as he knew that Ananias and Sapphira were not being truthful.

Last edited:
pot and kettle.
Feel free to Biblically demonstrate my error, being true to the words of the text and its context.
In the absence of that Biblical demonstration, your assertion is as sounding brass and tinkling cymbal.

Feel free to Biblically demonstrate my error, being true to the words of the text and its context.
In the absence of that Biblical demonstration, your assertion is as sounding brass and tinkling cymbal.
You believe in a triune god.

I believe in three persons in one God, into whose singular "name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," we are baptized according to Jesus (Mt 28:19), as well as according to the NT testimony presented in post #450.

What you believe is between you and the Holy Spirit, the only one to whom you are accountable, as were Ananias and Sapphira.
He alone is the judge of your truthfulness with yourself regarding the testimony of post #450.

Last edited:
1) Actually, Paul did do that in Php 2:6-8:

Not at all. It literally refers to what people can see and overserve with their eyes, i.e., someone's behavior. Not sure how you managed to find a source that contradicts the Bible, but you would need to in order to not believe the Biblical Greek says. Forunately, we have another example of where morphé is used in the New Testament that you won't be able to wiggle out of.

Form (morphé) refers to the visual, outward, appearance in Mark 16:12. Jesus appeared in a different form as in he looked different post resurrection.

Mark 16
12After this, Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them as they walked along in the country.
something to be grasped,
(clung to--Christ was equal with God, but was willing to let it go for a while)
God doesn't need to consider equality with Himself because He's already God, but Jesus did because he isn't God. "God did not consider equality with God as something to be grasped" is nonsense. By engaging heresies, it seems you have lost the ability to engage rationally with other people.

taking the form (nature) of a servant,
God is never referred to as a servant in all of scripture nor is God "made" in human likeness. This is an explicit declaration of Paul pointing out that Jesus is not God nor a God Man. The hypostatic union stands debunked.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,

All of that talk about Jesus not being God, being a servant, being a man, and the Philippians need to have this same mindset and you still don't believe Jesus is not God?

No that's all wrong. Jesus is the servant of God, but is not himself God. He works for God, does His will, obeys Him, etc. God chose Jesus to be His servant, not to be God according to Matt 12:18, Acts 3:13, Acts 4:23-31, among many others.

a) Nope. . .he said Jesus was made in human likeness, being found in appearance as a man (v.8).
You're also found in the appearance of a human because you are indeed a human and not God.
While actually, Jesus' form was (in Greek = characteristic feature) of God,
Not according to Scripture. G3444. morphé is defined in Strong's concordance as the shape, form, or outward appearance.

Mark 16
12After this, Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them as they walked along in the country.

b) And if form is only an outward appearance in Php 2:6-8, that also makes Jesus a just-pretend servant to his Father who had begotten (sired) him (. . .just keeps gettin' better 'n better).
Start with Philippians 2:5 where it says "Let this mind be in you that was also in Jesus..."

2) And not only did Paul do it, the apostle whom Jesus loved also did it in John 1:1, 14:

1 John 1:1-2 calls the word (logos) an it.

Jesus declares that what God is, he is; thereby making himself equal with God (Jn 5:18b, 10:33).
God is not a man:

1. “God is not a man” – Numbers 23:19
2. “For I am God, and not man,” – Hosea 11:9

Jesus is called a man many times:

1. “a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.” – John 8:40
2. “a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know.” – Acts 2:22
3. “He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed.” – Acts 17:31
4. “the man Christ Jesus,” – 1 Timothy 2:5

God is not a son of man:

1. “God is not a man…or a son of man,” – Numbers 23:19

The Bible calls Jesus “the son of man”:

1. “so the Son of Man will be” – Matthew 12:40
2. “For the Son of Man will come” – Matthew 16:27
3. “the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” – Matthew 16:28

“Son of man” is used to refer to people:

1. “the son of man, who is but a worm!” – Job 25:6
2. “the son of man You have raised up for Yourself.” – Psalm 80:17
3. “O LORD, what is man, that You regard him, the son of man that You think of him?” – Psalm 144:3
4. “Son of man,” He said to me, “stand up on your feet and I will speak to you.” – Ezekiel 2:1

Jesus denied being God:

1. “Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone” – Luke 18:19
2. “Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good.” – Matthew 19:17

Contrary to the accusations of blasphemy against him, Jesus said he is a man:
1. “you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.” – John 8:40

God is greater than Jesus:

1. “the Father is greater than I.” – John 14:28
2. “My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all.” – John 10:29

Jesus never instructed anyone to worship him:

1. “When you pray, say: ‘Father, hallowed be Your name.” – Luke 11:2
2. “in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.” – John 16:23
3. “the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.” John 4:23

Jesus worshipped the Only True God:

1. “ that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” John 17:3
2. “He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.” – Luke 6:12
3. “the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve,” – Matthew 20:28

Jesus prayed to God:

1. “He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed,” – Matthew 26:39
2. “in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,” – Hebrews 5:7

The disciples did not believe Jesus is God:

1. “Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know” – Acts 2:22
2. “The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, “ – Acts 3:13
3. “God, having raised up His Servant Jesus” – Acts 3:26

The disciples prayed to God:

1. “they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: “Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them,” – Acts 4:24
2. “ Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed,” – Acts 4:27
3. “Your holy Servant Jesus.” – Acts 4:30

Jesus is God’s servant:

1. ““Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!” – Matthew 12:18

Jesus cannot do anything of himself:

1. “the Son can do nothing of Himself,” – John 5:19
2. “I can of Myself do nothing.” – John 5:30

God Gave Jesus the power to forgive sins:

1. “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...” – Matthew 9:6
2. “Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men.” – Matthew 9:8

They believe in a triune god and can't even quote scripture for it. Their god is false, impotent, and imaginary. They have completely missed what Jesus said is literally the most important thing. It's that God the Father is ONE God.

Mark 12
29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.

John 17
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God...

Ephesians 4
6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8
6yet for us there is but one God, the Father...

I know. That triune god believers deceptive explanation, not of Jesus.

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God. . .the Word became flesh and dwelled among us." (Jn 1:1, 14)

You either believe the apostle John or you don't. It's not my job to convince you.
That is between you and the Holy Spirit, who knows if you are being truthful with yourself regarding the word of God presented in post #450.

Not at all. It literally refers to what people can see and overserve with their eyes, i.e., someone's behavior.
As in raising the dead, giving sight to the blind, giving hearing to the deaf, giving the lame to walk.

That says "God" to me.

But it's not my job to convince you.
It's between you and the Holy Spirit, who knows if you are being truthful with yourself regarding the word of God presented in post #450..

As in raising the dead, giving sight to the blind, giving hearing to the deaf, giving the lame to walk.

That says "God" to me.

But it's not my job to convince you.
It's between you and the Holy Spirit, who knows if you are being truthful with yourself regarding the word of God presented in post #450..
This is the most important thing to Jesus. Make it the most important thing to you.

Mark 12
29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.

John 17
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God...

Ephesians 4
6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8
6yet for us there is but one God, the Father...

Back