• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Yahweh 301,302 or Trinity 301,302

Your doctrine of trinity is all dismissing too many of Jesus' word.

Aren't you Jesus' follower?

Jesus is the Lord, friend.
Like you dismiss the word of God in Jn 1:1, 14?

And who gives us Jesus' words? The same apostle who gives us Jn 1:1, 14.
If he didn't get Jn 1:1, 14 correct, how do you know he got Jesus' words correct?

You set Scripture against itself, but God does not contradict himself in his word written.

I reconcile Scripture to itself, and all is in agreement. God is always in agreement with himself when Scripture is understood correctly.

You don't understand what you're quoting. Did God die when Jesus was crucified? If God didn't die then Jesus didn't actually die, right?
Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

Jesus was both human (Jn 1:14) and divine (Jn 1:1), with a human body; i.e., one person with two natures,
as God is three persons in one nature of the one divine God.

The Divine is Immortal Spirit; i.e., God, without a material body, while the human is immortal spirit with a material body.
The Divine Son of God; i.e., God, became human with a material body in Jesus of Nazareth (Jn 1:1, 14), making Jesus both immaterial Divine Spirit (God) and material human person with an immortal human spirit.
Jesus' human body died, while his own immortal human spirit, as well as his Divine Immortal Spirit (God), did not die.

Only the material can die. Only Jesus' body died, neither his immortal human spirit, nor his Immortal Divine Spirit; i.e., Godhood, died.

Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

Jesus was both human (Jn 1:14) and divine (Jn 1:1), with a human body; i.e., one person with two natures,
as God is three persons in one nature of the one divine God.

The Divine is Immortal Spirit; i.e., God, without a material body, while the human is immortal spirit with a material body.
The Divine Son of God; i.e., God, became human with a material body in Jesus of Nazareth (Jn 1:1, 14), making Jesus both immaterial Divine Spirit (God) and material human person with an immortal human spirit.
Jesus' human body died, while his own immortal human spirit, as well as his Divine Immortal Spirit (God), did not die.

Only the material can die. Only Jesus' body died, neither his immortal human spirit, nor his Immortal Divine Spirit; i.e., Godhood, died.

If Jesus doesn't doesn't have what God has then your whole argument falls apart. Is Jesus omniscient, omnipotent, immortal, etc?

Paul refuted the hypostatic union.

Philippians 2
7but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

If Jesus doesn't doesn't have what God has then your whole argument falls apart. Is Jesus omniscient, omnipotent, immortal, etc.
All that the Father has is his (Jn 16;15, 17:10); i.e., divinity, infinite power, glory, wisdom, sovereignty, authority, etc., etc., etc.
All spirits are immortal--divine, angelic and human spirits.
you don't believe what Jesus says.
Do you?
You are just a lip server.
Are you sure about that?

Jesus said:
1) he is I AM (Jn 8:58, 18:5, 6, 8),
2) his disciples should believe in him just as they believe in God (Jn 14:1),
3) all are to honor the Son just as they honor the Father (Jn 5:23),
4) when you believe in him, you are believing in the one who sent him, God (Jn 12:44)
5) when you look at him, you are looking at the one who sent him, God (Jn 12:45),
6) anyone who has seen him has seen the Father (Jn 14:9),
7) those who know him know the Father (Jn 14:7),
8) all that the Father has is his (Jn 16:15, 17:10); i.e., divinity, infinite power, glory, wisdom, sovereignty, authority, etc.

Jesus declares that what God is, he is; thereby making himself equal with God (Jn 5:18b, 10:33).

The Jews understood exactly what he was saying and sought many times to stone him for blasphemy because he "claimed to be God" (Mk 2:3-7, Jn 6:41-42, 10:30-33, 5:18, 8:58-59, 19:7/Lev 24:16).

Do you believe what Jesus says?

So who is the lip server here?,

Last edited:
Paul refuted the hypostatic union.

Philippians 2:
but emptied Himself,
Are you serious? . . .intellectual dishonesty (omitting v. 6) and Biblical blindness from you all in one post.

v. 6 - "Who existing (Gr. huparcho) in the very nature of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be clung to". . .

The humanity of Jesus, in which the divinity of God was clothed, was not equal with the divinity of God that was enclosed therein.

Your ignorance of the subject matter disqualifies you to discuss it.

Last edited:
Do you believe what Jesus says?

So who is the lip server here?,
You.

Jesus says His Father is His God yet you change to Jesus is God too.

You can run but you cannot hide, friend.

You.

Jesus says His Father is His God yet you change to Jesus is God too.

You can run but you cannot hide, friend.
Failure to deal with Jesus' words in post #425 noted.

Lotta' hat, no cowboy. . .

Are you serious? . . .intellectual dishonesty (omitting v. 6) and Biblical blindness from you all in one post.

v. 6 - "Who existing (Gr. huparcho) in the very nature of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be clung to". . .

The humanity of Jesus, in which the divinity of God was clothed, was not equal with the divinity of God that was enclosed therein.

Your ignorance of the subject matter disqualifies you to discuss it.
Intellectual dishonesty on your part. I assure you my friend. Start even further back with verse 5. My point stands. Paul refuted the hypostatic union completely.

Philippians 2
5Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus:

So what is Paul getting at exactly? He wrote this letter to the Philippian church telling them to have the same exact mind as Jesus had. He then went on to describe the mind of Jesus. The mind Jesus had doesn't make him God, therefore it doesn't make the Philippian church God either.

Paul told the Philippians to have all of this in their mind:
6Who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped,
7but emptied Himself,
8And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross.
9Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the name above all names,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

The only God mentioned is the Father in this entire passage:
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Intellectual dishonesty on your part. I assure you my friend. Start even further back with verse 5. My point stands. Paul refuted the hypostatic union completely.

Philippians 2

So what is Paul getting at exactly? He wrote this letter to the Philippian church telling them to have the same exact mind as Jesus had. He then went on to describe the mind of Jesus. The mind Jesus had doesn't make him God, therefore it doesn't make the Philippian church God either.
Paul told the Philippians to have all of this in their mind:
6Who, existing in the form (morphe--chracteristic feature of a person) of God,
did not consider equality with God

something to be grasped, (clung to)
7but emptied Himself,
Your Biblical blindness to the meaning of the plain text disqualifies you to discuss the matter.

Your Biblical blindness to the meaning of the plain text disqualifies you to discuss the matter.
There you go. Resort to attacking my person rather than refuting my points. That's the death howl of the defeated heretic. Let me know if you have anything else.

There you go. Resort to attacking my person rather than refuting my points. That's the death howl of the defeated heretic. Let me know if you have anything else.
Falls to you to prove me wrong about your text, in addition to your continuing failure to deal with the word of God in:

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God. . .the Word became flesh and dwelled among us." (Jn 1:1, 14)

Fall to you to prove me wrong about your text.
Context is not about Jesus being God in Philippians 2. Paul plainly told those Christians in Philippi to have the same mind as Jesus. You have completely misunderstood who Jesus is. I am positive about this now. Even worse, you resist him.

Philippians 2

I know you believe in a triune god.

Why do you deny it?
I think even they, as heretical as they are, know deep down inside that their beliefs don't really pass the smell test. :poop:

Back