• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Who are Gods 'Chosen'?

Where does that say that Christ must be born again? If I was to go by the words with wooden logic, I'd say Christ was born of the Spirit the first time, so no need to be born again! :p

But that is the cheap way out. Truth is, "must be born again" refers to those of us born of flesh, as Paul refers to in Romans 8, who have a mind of the flesh alone. They are the walking dead, of whom our Lord Jesus Christ was never a member, though a brother to those born again.

Hi Thanks

I did not say Christ the Holy Spirit of the Father must be born again. That would be impossible God cannot die. He poured out his Spirit life on dying flesh in jeapordy of his own Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother

Mark 3:35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Jesus' apostle said Jesus is the Holy Spirit (2 Co 3:17-18).

Thanks I would offer more of the Holy Spirt that worked in Jesus

It would seem the same invisible Spirit of the lord that dwells in your own self if you say you are a Christian. .

The Spirit of Christ faith the understanding that works in all Christians . . Not the spirit of the son of man Jesus. He was led by the Spirit of the father, The Holy Spirit that mutually works in all children of faith . Christ in us. . the hope of his glorious power

2 Corihtinans 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

I'm sticking with what Paul wrote; i.e., Jesus is the Holy Spirit (2 Co 3:17-18).

I have no need to "improve" it.
Amen that! I wish I could find the old author that said that if in our worship we 'improve on' what God says about himself, we detract from his glory.

I don’t think we fully understand the Godhead and My sense before the Lord is to restrain myself.
Not sure if that makes sense to others. Perhaps, I recognize my limitations. Not sure, but I have been checked, I believe on a few issues.
“For a Child will be born to us, a Son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”
(Isaiah 9:6 NAS20)

God's chosen are the people God chose. Nothing more.

The first people God chose were Adam and Eve. Abel was implicitly chosen, as evidenced by the acceptance of his offering. All the people listed in the ancestry of Jesus were chosen (God could have had anyone in the extended family tree of any generation chosen but the one listed shows who was chosen). Noah was chosen. If God hadn't chosen Noah, He might have chosen another or chosen to destroy the whole of humanity and start over, but Noah was the one chosen. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were chosen. None of these individuals were asked to be chosen, by the way. God chose them without asking any of them if they wanted to be chosen, and He chose them and then commanded them with an expectation of obedience without allowing for any other option.

That is the precedent established from the beginning of scripture. Any and all views on God's chosen must include the precedent scripture itself establishes.

God's chosen are the people God chose. Nothing more.

The first people God chose were Adam and Eve. Abel was implicitly chosen, as evidenced by the acceptance of his offering. All the people listed in the ancestry of Jesus were chosen (God could have had anyone in the extended family tree of any generation chosen but the one listed shows who was chosen). Noah was chosen. If God hadn't chosen Noah, He might have chosen another or chosen to destroy the whole of humanity and start over, but Noah was the one chosen. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were chosen. None of these individuals were asked to be chosen, by the way. God chose them without asking any of them if they wanted to be chosen, and He chose them and then commanded them with an expectation of obedience without allowing for any other option.

That is the precedent established from the beginning of scripture. Any and all views on God's chosen must include the precedent scripture itself establishes.
These are solid points. My overarching POV is God is either sovereign or He is not. To attempt to mitigate this in any way makes no sense. In other words, any ya buts, are handily ignored…by myself.

I'm sticking with what Paul wrote; i.e., Jesus is the Holy Spirit (2 Co 3:17-18).

Paul did not write anything that did not come from the tongue of the invisible Father .Paul has nothing to do with it

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 Now the Lord (invisible) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord (invisible)is, there is liberty.
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,(invisible) are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.(invisible)

Many things in the bible are referred to in a living being sense that aren't living beings.-Post 230 as well.
Was the man called YHWH who came to Abraham and ate a meal with Abraham a living being? (Gen 18)

Right!!!
And Jesus the Son says He must go away to send the Spirit who is also said to be the Father (2 Cor 3:17).
The way to make sense of it all can be found in:

Matthew 28:19 ESV​
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,​

"The name" of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit is singular.
All three bear the same name.
Since the name of the Father is YHWH then the name of the Son and the Holy Spirit is also YHWH.
YHWH = Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

It would appear to be apostles "sent messenger" (Hebrew) Malach
Genesis 18:1 ESV
And the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day.

These are solid points. My overarching POV is God is either sovereign or He is not. To attempt to mitigate this in any way makes no sense. In other words, any ya buts, are handily ignored…by myself.
Good mindset!

Someone in darkness called truth-unacceptable garbage--Who is that?

As long as you continue being brainwashed by the NWT nothing more can be expected from you.
How do you get by the fact that the trinity was created in 381 ce at the council of Constantinople? =recorded history=FACT.

No doubt this completely unbiased scholar spoke Koine as his native tongue back when the New Testament was written.

I wonder how many other scholars have compared the Greek to English side by side to prove to the world how many passages are the way THEY see them.
Kneeland was unbias. From writings i have read up on at minimum 20 translations had a god, 3 had was divine, 1had was godlike.---a god means was godlike.

Few on earth are Born Again by “ divine revelation “...those who were chosen and predestined to become children of God....by the “ will” of God.
Jesus death opened the door to all mankind. None are predestined.

Back