• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Who are Gods 'Chosen'?

Which way could that be?

He informs us whosever does the will of God the same is his brother .

The first born again of many .

Like all of dying mankind a flesh and blood person must be born again from above

God is not a man as us.
He was without sin. He died, undeserving of death, in our place. Completely different.

Hi Thanks
Eternal Spirit, the Father of all spirit life . He faithfully breathed his Holy Spirit life in Jesus the Son of man .The let there be and it was a good new creation
Hebrew adds some understanding
Hebrew 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but "made like" (not as ) unto the Son of God; abideth a priest (not God as the father) continually.
The Holy Father was like (not as) if he was the Son.
Jesus having the one Holy Spirit of the one Father by which we can cry out Abba father ,
The unseen spiritual, born again seed, Christ It produces Christians the bride named after her husband Christ
The only begotten Son of God (Lk 1:31-32, 35) does need to be reborn of the Holy Spirit, he is the Holy Spirit (2 Co 3:17, Gal 4:6-7).

And they too are biased. There is no such thing as an unbiased person. That is my point. Your claim that x number of unbiased scholars translate it a certain way is a bogus claim.
1822-Abner Kneeland translated the NT, he compared the Greek to English side by side to prove to the world-a god is correct.

We are Born Again by the Holy Spirit, he is Gods witness......do you understand divine revelation?

Or are you only familiar with reading God’s word by your own abilities?

Reading will not make one’s spirit “ Born Again “....there is no instructions on how to become Born Again you can only know that in your heart/ spirit by divine revelation, Gods Witness His Living Holy Spirit...then what he testifies with our spirit, is backed up in the written word.

You must know God in one’s heart/ spirit, I hope you understand that?
The holy spirit is Gods active force, its not a living being.

He was without sin. He died, undeserving of death, in our place. Completely different.
Yes he is not ashamed to call us brothers, sisters and mother .One is our Holy Father not seen

Who said he was a Living “ being”?...

Oh my goodness....the Holy Spirit is Gods Witness , His “ Living “ Witness.

It’s not a Living being you say.

I say the Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit..who witnesses Gods truth to our heart/ spirit...something you seem to know very little about.

The Holy Spirit is Alive and Active...

Hebrews 4:12​

King James Version​

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 15:26
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

New Living Translation
“But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me.

English Standard Version
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

Berean Standard Bible
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father—He will testify about Me.

ROMANS 8:16
KJ21
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of God;
ASV
The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:
AMP
The Spirit Himself testifies and confirms together with our spirit [assuring us] that we [believers] are children of God.
AMPC
The Spirit Himself [thus] testifies together with our own spirit, [assuring us] that we are children of God.
BRG
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
CSB
The Spirit himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children,

Last edited:
As has been shared, scripture over and over refers to the Holy Spirit as He or Himself!
How can you be so wrong in the face of the clear word of God?
You are in dangerous territory, friend. Please reconsider…this is not good for you.

1 John 5:7-9

King James Version

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son

Who said he was a Living “ being”?...

Oh my goodness....the Holy Spirit is Gods Witness , His “ Living “ Witness.

It’s not a Living being you say.

I say the Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit..who witnesses Gods truth to our heart/ spirit...something you seem to know very little about.

The Holy Spirit is Alive and Active...

Hebrews 4:12​

King James Version​

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

New Living Translation
“But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me.

English Standard Version
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

Berean Standard Bible
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father—He will testify about Me.

ROMANS 8:16
KJ21
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of God;
ASV
The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:
AMP
The Spirit Himself testifies and confirms together with our spirit [assuring us] that we [believers] are children of God.
AMPC
The Spirit Himself [thus] testifies together with our own spirit, [assuring us] that we are children of God.
BRG
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
CSB
The Spirit himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children,
Catholicisms own encyclopedia says-In most instances the holy spirit is not spoken of as a living being.

It has 0 equality.

As has been shared, scripture over and over refers to the Holy Spirit as He or Himself!
How can you be so wrong in the face of the clear word of God?
You are in dangerous territory, friend. Please reconsider…this is not good for you.
Many things in the bible are referred to in a living being sense that aren't living beings.-Post 230 as well.

Many things in the bible are referred to in a living being sense that aren't living beings.-Post 230 as well.
Friend, I am not saying this is what is going on here, but what Jesus said about blaspheming the Holy Spirit should concern you. I am praying that you reconsider.

Catholicisms own encyclopedia says-In most instances the holy spirit is not spoken of as a living being.
Do you actually read posts?....who said he was a being?
It has 0 equality.
The Holy Spirit is who witnesses Gods truth to our heart/ spirit by divine revelation .

The Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit who indwells our spirit ?

You need to know God in your heart/ spirit.....reading about the Lord isn’t enough I’m afraid , we must be Born Again of Gods seed...who happens to be God’s Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

We are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

How else would we know we are Born Again...by whose Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is Alive And Active ...without the Spirit we are none of His....He indwells our spirit permanently?

The Holy Spirit is Alive and Active in our heart/spirit.....he’s at work always in our heart/ spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit's job to produce Christlike character in you. The Bible says, “The Lord... makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18).

The Witness Gods Holy Spirit....is not an encyclopaedia....he is a Living Spirit.....who testifies Gods truth to our heart/ spirit.

You can’t read your way into God’s Kingdom....only His Spirit can bring our spirit Alive in Christ....that is by divine revelation....being Born Of God’s seed is a Living spirit birth....it’s not something that you can read into being.

It’s a supernatural act that only Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit can perform....of course the natural man could never understand this.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Literal Bible
But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned

Do you actually read posts?....who said he was a being?

The Holy Spirit is who witnesses Gods truth to our heart/ spirit by divine revelation .

The Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit who indwells our spirit ?

You need to know God in your heart/ spirit.....reading about the Lord isn’t enough I’m afraid , we must be Born Again of Gods seed...who happens to be God’s Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.
And all those actually born again obety Jesus who teaches-Matt 6:33--Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)--Then when one obeys that they can accomplish this-John 4:22-24--the true followers do just that.

We are Born Again by Gods Living Witness His Living Holy Spirit.

How else would we know we are Born Again...by whose Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is Alive And Active ...without the Spirit we are none of His....He indwells our spirit permanently?

The Holy Spirit is Alive and Active in our heart/spirit.....he’s at work always in our heart/ spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit's job to produce Christlike character in you. The Bible says, “The Lord... makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Few on earth obey Jesus. Few on earth even know what he actually teaches to become Christlike. Thats why Jesus teaches--FEW will find the road that leads off into life.

Few on earth obey Jesus. Few on earth even know what he actually teaches to become Christlike. Thats why Jesus teaches--FEW will find the road that leads off into life.
Yes, only the elect.

Back