• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

WHEN IS A JEW NOT A JEW?

When is a Jew not a Jew?
When he does not live by faith in the resurrected Messiah, the seed promised their forefathers.

Romans 9:33
Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.

I'm a little curious how an answer to the inquiry of this op would npt begin with Romans 2.

Romans 2:17-29
But if you bear the name "Jew" and rely upon the Law and boast in God, and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law, and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the immature, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth, you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal? You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God? For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," just as it is written. For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law? For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

If a Jew is Jewish only outwardly then s/he is not a Jew, having a circumcised penis does not make one a Jew. It is the inner circumcision of the heart that makes a Jew a Jew, and that is accomplished by the Spirit, not the letter of the law or the hand of the mohel ;).

My studies are private. I don't do group study. I love the quietness to contemplate and listen to the Voice of God. Too many voices drown His out. And keep in mind that the doctrines the Gentile Church hold today once began as a minor, private thought in study. The revelations Paul says he received in Galatians is only him, the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit. We do in studying of Scripture what He did in studying the Scripture. Same method. I've had dreams and visions, but they are meant for me, not others. Not yet. Paul's revelations are merely seeing in Scripture what is there and at the appointed time to understand. No difference than us today.
Thanks for the reply. all studies are private.

No such thing as a gentile church used to opposes another kind of church. There is false doctrine that opposes true.

Trying to divide the apostles? Same thing no such commandment.

Eternal God is no longer bringing any new revelations. The last chapter is still Revelation. He has added a warning to any who would add or subtract for the book of Prophecy the Bible and sealed it with 7 seal till the end of time under the Sun.

I would be careful Satan is still bringing his lying signs to wonder after

In that way you take away the power of Prophecy by saying some is after Paul and not all is after God not seen God sent a strong delusion that others might believe the lies that God is still adding to His book of prophecy

I would hope you do not desire to get caught up in a delusion form God. One way, believe God.

2 Thessalonians 9 -11Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Jesus who is a friend at all times he called Judas a friend who was not

As far as a friend God He is not friends with the devil brood. A friend loves at all times. .He call Judas a friend in a false hope he could be friendly. He became the adversary.

Proverbs 17:17A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

You cannot cherry pick one word and use it to qualify the work of the devil.

By the time of the creation of man the angels that sinned were already locked up. The womans temptations came from within not from without, and definitely not from an angel that sinned that had been locked up for one year before man was created or one million years before man was created. The point being that James said this:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14.

Are you going to contradict the Holy Spirit and place a third person or entity in the garden when it says temptation comes from within?

Angels? Did you mean apostles sent messenger No such thing as a invisible creation called angel .

Angel a fake word used to replace the true translation from the Greek Angelos messenger (not angel) how beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace.

Judas was drawn away after his own lust. The godhead is one eternal God who is not a man as us. Not three gods might as be a legion

WHEN IS A JEW NOT A JEW?​

A true son of Abraham? If one is not born of the Spirit of God, then that person is not a true Jew.

A natural Jew without being born of God is at enmity against God and God against him.

Gentile Christians take an inordinate pride is trying to connect themselves to being spiritual Israel or a spiritual Jew. But that can't be because to be a Jew or a spiritual Jew one would have to be from the tribe of Judah from which that designation originates.
They also try to link themselves as being a son of Abraham using this passage of Scripture in Paul's letter to Jewish Christians in the Galatian area:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.

But Paul is writing to Jewish Christians who were unsure of their Messiah's arrival and His effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants:

23 But before faith came, we [Jews] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us [Jews] unto Christ, that we [Jews] might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we [Jews] are no longer under a schoolmaster [the Law].
26 For ye [Jews] are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus [Your Messiah].
27 For as many of you [Jews] as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all [Jews] one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye [Jews] be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:23–29.

No change. If you are Abraham's descendant seed, then you are also Christ's and heirs according to the Abrahamic Covenant Promises for God made no promises to Gentiles in the Abrahamic Covenant nor in the New Covenant Promise of Jeremiah 31.
Not even Abraham was a Jew. He was Hebrew from the line of Eber a descendant through Shem. Stay with me now.

Recently there was discussion about the "synagogue" of Satan in Revelation 2:9. Here is the Scripture:

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:8–9.

The Greek word translated "synagogue" in 2:9 means an "assemblage [of persons.]" It doesn't refer to Jews but is a word that merely means an "assemblage [of persons.]" It can mean an "assemblage" of Gentile Christians on Sunday morning or an "assemblage" of persons at a football game. There is nothing linking "synagogue" to Jews.

So, when is a Jew not a Jew? Jesus gives the answer in Rev. 2:9.

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:9.

Jesus would know who a true Jew is and who isn't, and in this passage, there is a confession to Jewry but Jesus who knows the 'hearts' of all says they are not Jews. There is no birthright to Judah or back to Abraham to those who say they are a descendant or son of Abraham. But Paul writing to Jewish Christians says that if you are Christ's, you are a descendant of Abraham according to the Promise God made to Abraham. So, what is this "assemblage" [of persons] that claim to be Jews and are not Jews? Maybe it's the false belief that Paul is writing to Gentile Christians - which he isn't - that because you belong to Jesus Christ that you are a descendant of Abraham. But that can't be for Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham nor is there any passage of Scripture in the First Covenant of God ever making covenant with Gentiles. None. Paul makes this clear in writing to Jewish Christians at Rome:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 9:4–5.

Everything regarding the above upon which salvation rests belong to Israel. Paul says so. There's no mention of Gentiles possessing any of the above. Even Christ's arrival was fulfilled prophecy and covenant, and Christ's very words state He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, not the house of Gentiles. So, when is a Jew not a Jew?
When they claim to be of Abraham or Judah and there is just no biblical passage of Scripture that says this. Only in the minds of Gentiles that believe Paul's letters were written to Gentiles and interpret his words as such.
So, this synagogue or assemblage who say they are of Abraham or Judah are not from Abraham or Judah. How can they be? Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham or the tribe of Judah and Paul's words to the Jewish Christians in the Galatian region were addressed to the true sons of Abraham who did not know what the effect Israel's Messiah had on the Abrahamic Covenant, and the adoption, and the glory, and the giving of the Law, and the service of God, and the promises, whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came.

John the Baptist agrees:

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. Jn. 1:31.

So, when is a Jew not a Jew? When they make claims to Abraham or the tribe of Judah that just does not exist.
Maybe THEY are of the assemblage of Satan?
Think it through, Gentile Christian.
Revelations was written to the Jewish Christians about things about to shortly take place. You don't want to be on the wrong side of history.
Or of Christ.
Christ tells us who are His and those who are not, and makes it clear..

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Christ tells us who are His and those who are not, and makes it clear..

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Of course, within the confines of covenant for God is not a man that He should lie and He doesn't.
But He does keep His promises to Israel and Paul does say "All Israel shall be saved" in Romans.
God saves Israel through covenant.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant.
At the Marriage Supper the Bride and Church who is Israel is there by Covenant.
Gentile Christians are there by invitation (Matt. 22.)

But Paul is writing to Jewish Christians who were unsure of their Messiah's arrival and His effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants:
The church in Galatia that Paul was writing to was a mix of Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians.

23 But before faith came, we [Jews] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us [Jews] unto Christ, that we [Jews] might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we [Jews] are no longer under a schoolmaster [the Law].
I agree that the pronouns above (we/us/our) are referring to Jews.

26 For ye [Jews] are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus [Your Messiah].
27 For as many of you [Jews] as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all [Jews] one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye [Jews] be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:23–29.
But I disagree here. The pronoun change (to you/ye) is meaningful and highlights the change from the Jews to the Church (a mix of Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians).

This is clear especially from verse 28 - "there is neither Jew nor Greek ... for all are one in Christ Jesus".

No change. If you are Abraham's descendant seed, then you are also Christ's and heirs according to the Abrahamic Covenant Promises for God made no promises to Gentiles in the Abrahamic Covenant nor in the New Covenant Promise of Jeremiah 31.
Why did you change the order here? The verse says "If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise", not the other way around. This is the whole point that Paul is trying to make - all are one in Christ Jesus - all now form part of the covenant community of God.

The church in Galatia that Paul was writing to was a mix of Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians.
Since the New Covenant is with the House of Israel and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and since Jesus came ONLY to the lost sheep of the House of Israel; and since the New Covenant Church was founded by Jews on the day of the Jewish Feast of Harvests; and since the Holy Spirit came and indwelt Jews at the beginning; and while Israel's Temple stood, the "ism" of Judaism remained and everything that happened to the people of Israel was mainly a Jewish phenomenon, and since God was fulfilling His Covenant with the children and House of Israel, every church founded by Jewish Christians was populated by Jews. Even by the time of Saul/Paul's letter to the Galatian region he was writing to Jewish Christians and that would be around the year A.D. 54, some 20 years after Pentecost. When a Gentile would convert to Judaism they would be circumcised, make a solemn promise, and for all intents and purposes become a Jew and observe ALL Jewish Law and ordinances. And when the New Covenant God made with the House of Israel was ushered in it is reasonable that any - and I mean - any Gentile that may have become saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, they did not long remain uncircumcised but in order to come into a Jewish Christian's home or homes had to be circumcised and converted to Judaism.

Even after the Jerusalem Council of A.D. 50 what did these Jewish Christians do? They forego circumcision but still laid no greater BURDEN (of the Law) than to:

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Acts 15:19–21.

Gentiles would not have to be circumcised but would still be considered part of the Mosaic Covenant-Lite, or 2.0.

For the first several decades while God established the New Covenant with the House of Israel the Jewish Church until the destruction of the Israeli Temple populated and dominated their home churches and until they understood the middle wall partition was removed still treated Gentiles - and only a few - as Gentile and would not let them into their homes for fellowship.
I agree that the pronouns above (we/us/our) are referring to Jews.
But I disagree here. The pronoun change (to you/ye) is meaningful and highlights the change from the Jews to the Church (a mix of Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians).
You make it sound as though it was 50/50 Jews and Gentiles in the early Jewish home churches, and it was not like that. If anything in a fellowship of twenty there were maybe two Gentiles. A very small minority. Very small. Extremely small. Miniscule. Tiny. A very small fraction.
It was AFTER the destruction of the Temple and several years after that when things began to quiet down from the warring years that the Times of the Gentiles began and since the "ism" of Judaism was effectively over, then God began to bring in Gentiles more and more to the point today that after 2000 years the numbers have switched. Now, there is a miniscule, tiny number of Jews for Jesus and the greater part of Gentile Christians is today what it was with Jews back then. But God made no covenant with Gentiles and God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. And the main reason for doing this is to make His Bride Israel jealous.
This is clear especially from verse 28 - "there is neither Jew nor Greek ... for all are one in Christ Jesus".
Saul/Paul is writing to Jewish Christians who were unsure of the effect Israel's Messiah had on the Abrahamic Covenant. That is the context of Saul/Paul's words in Galatians 3:28 and surrounding verses.

Saul/Paul is addressing Jewish Christians:

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Gal. 3:1–2.

And by being Jewish and Christ-followers these Jewish Christians suffered at the hands of their Judaic brethren:

4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. Gal. 3:4.

Here, Saul/Paul sets forth his position/argument to the Jewish Christians he's written to:

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Gal. 3:5–9.

The "nations" are not Gentiles but those that DID come from his [Abraham's] loins and that is the non-covenant Ishmaelites and the non-covenant descendants of Esau. THESE "come out of thee" as God said to Abraham but they were not of the Isaac-ian Covenant.
From verse 10 to the end Saul/Paul is explaining to these Jewish Christians that Messiah's effect did not abrogate their inheritance under the Abrahamic Covenant, but instead IF they were of Christ were they ALSO of Abraham, and if they were of Abraham (covenant) and were filled with the Spirit (vs. 2) they also were of Messiah who was fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant.
Why did you change the order here? The verse says "If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise", not the other way around. This is the whole point that Paul is trying to make - all are one in Christ Jesus - all now form part of the covenant community of God.
The context is Jewish Christians and Jews under the Abrahamic Covenant, the suffering they have gone through at the hands of their Judaic brethren for being of "the Way" which they call 'heresy' is what Saul/Paul said. There is no difference for to be one is to be the other within the Abrahamic Covenant. IF they come to Messiah/Christ, being a Jewish Covenant they would also be of Abraham, and if they are of Abraham and the come to Messiah/Christ then they are Christ's, which is the word for "anointed" in Greek meaning they are of the Covenant Spirit that was Promised to and for Israel.
The "all one in Christ" are Jews that are Christ's/Messiah.
For although Saul/Paul makes this statement to Jewish Christians who received the Spirit by the hearing of "faith"

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:28.

...he connects it to Abraham:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Gal. 3:29.

Gentiles are not "heirs." Anything that is covenant, Israel is the heirs of THAT covenant.
What did that "certain man" ask Jesus?

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? Lk. 10:25.

...and Jesus directs him to the Law.

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? Lk. 18:18.

...and Jesus directs him to the Law.

But then Saul/Paul says this:

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Gal. 3:18.

Is there a contradiction here? Jesus directs one of His countrymen to the Law as his inheritance, and Saul/Paul says it is not the Law which is the inheritance but the promise. Did Saul/Paul say the same thing as God? Or is Saul/Paul contradicting God, which it seems here and elsewhere he does that.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Lk. 10:28.

Care to attempt to reconcile these two contradictory statements?

Care to attempt to reconcile these two contradictory statements?

Greetings Jeremiah~I do desire to post to address some of these points made.

The Abrahamic Covenant was not made with Abraham's natural seed but his spiritual seed which is Christ and God's elect.

But it will be later today. RB

Greetings Jeremiah~I do desire to post to address some of these points made.

The Abrahamic Covenant was not made with Abraham's natural seed but his spiritual seed which is Christ and God's elect.

But it will be later today. RB
Hello RB.
No, the covenant was made with Abraham the person and to his seed a natural people, a people through his bloodline to be identified as the human children of Jacob/Israel.

Gentiles would not have to be circumcised but would still be considered part of the Mosaic Covenant-Lite, or 2.0.
What does this mean? There is no "Mosaic Covenant-Lite". A person is either in the covenant community of God's people, or not.
The good news of the Gospel is now all are welcome into the covenant community - whether Jew or Gentile. All who put their faith in Christ are part of the covenant.

What does this mean? There is no "Mosaic Covenant-Lite". A person is either in the covenant community of God's people, or not.
Gentiles are not part of the New Covenant. God made this covenant with the House of Israel.
God made no covenant with any Gentile or seed of Gentiles, and you won't find any covenant in the Law, the Psalms, or the Prophets.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. Primarily, to fulfill prophecy and to use them to make Israel jealous.
Because of the Jewishness of the early Church which was populated by Jews who were called, saved, and filled with the Holy Spirit, the Jewish Christians dealt with Gentiles that were becoming saved by excluding them from being circumcised (sign of covenant) and placed other items and commands upon them that were part of the Mosaic Covenant Law, that being, "abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. Acts 15:20.
It was their prerogative to do this, but it was an error. They were wrong (like they were wrong to choose Matthias to replace Judas.) It was a New Covenant era, it was Jewish, and they had to learn from trial and error. Mostly error.
The good news of the Gospel is now all are welcome into the covenant community - whether Jew or Gentile.
The only "covenant community" is populated with Jews.
God made no covenant with Gentiles, or the seed of Gentiles and you won't find any covenant saying this in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets.
All who put their faith in Christ are part of the covenant.
The New Covenant is between YHWH and the House of Israel.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer. 31:31.

There are no Gentiles mentioned here.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant, and the New Covenant writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter, were written to and for other Jewish Christians in Jewish churches in places like Rome, Corinth, Thessalonica, Philippi, etc., and they discuss the arrival of Israel's Messiah, Yeshua, and His effect on the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and Davidic Covenants as well as the prophecies made of Him in this new era while the Temple still stood.

Gentiles are not part of the New Covenant. God made this covenant with the House of Israel.
God made no covenant with any Gentile or seed of Gentiles, and you won't find any covenant in the Law, the Psalms, or the Prophets.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. Primarily, to fulfill prophecy and to use them to make Israel jealous.
Because of the Jewishness of the early Church which was populated by Jews who were called, saved, and filled with the Holy Spirit, the Jewish Christians dealt with Gentiles that were becoming saved by excluding them from being circumcised (sign of covenant) and placed other items and commands upon them that were part of the Mosaic Covenant Law, that being, "abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. Acts 15:20.
It was their prerogative to do this, but it was an error. They were wrong (like they were wrong to choose Matthias to replace Judas.) It was a New Covenant era, it was Jewish, and they had to learn from trial and error. Mostly error.

The only "covenant community" is populated with Jews.
God made no covenant with Gentiles, or the seed of Gentiles and you won't find any covenant saying this in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets.

The New Covenant is between YHWH and the House of Israel.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer. 31:31.

There are no Gentiles mentioned here.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant, and the New Covenant writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter, were written to and for other Jewish Christians in Jewish churches in places like Rome, Corinth, Thessalonica, Philippi, etc., and they discuss the arrival of Israel's Messiah, Yeshua, and His effect on the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and Davidic Covenants as well as the prophecies made of Him in this new era while the Temple still stood.
Yes it is true that the passage in Jeremiah speaks of the new covenant with Israel and Judah. But you cannot take that passage alone.

God's promises to the Gentiles are sprinkled throughout the Old Testament which Paul points out in his letters. God promised Abraham that "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen 12:3). He confirms this promise to Jacob "in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed." (Gen 28:14). In Hosea 1:10 we read "And in the place where it was said to them, “You are not my people,” it shall be said to them, “Children of the living God.”"(see Paul's use of this quote in Romans 9). These all point to the future reality of the Gentiles becoming part of the covenant community of God.

There is only one people of God and it consists of both Jews and Gentiles. Both are saved by faith in Christ and both are united in Christ so that they are no long two groups but one. This is what Galatians is all about - unity in Christ. Ephesians makes this clear that the Gentiles are now as much a part of the covenant family of God as the Jews are:

Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called “the uncircumcision” by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands— remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit. Ephesians 2:11-22

Under the old covenant, the Gentiles were strangers to the promises of God. But now, under the new covenant, Jesus has made a way for the Gentiles to be brought in with the Jews, united as one people under Christ. This is the good news of the Gospel.

The New Testament was mostly written by Jewish Christians but not entirely. Nor is it true that the writings were written only to Jewish Christians.
Luke was a Gentile who wrote both the Gospel that bears his name and also Acts. He addresses his writings to "most excellent Theophilus" (Luke 1:3). There is much debate about the identity of Theophilus but most lean towards him being a high ranking Roman official as "most excellent" was the usual title for such officials (though there is some suggestion he could be a Saducee).
There is some question whether Mark was a Gentile or Jewish Christian but there certainly seems agreement that he was writing to a Gentile audience.
As Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles, it stands to reason that the churches he wrote to contained Gentile Christians and likely Jewish Christians as well. As you can see in the letter to the Ephesians, Paul is specifically addressing the Gentiles. To say these churches were predominantly Jewish Christians seems to lack evidence.

Yes it is true that the passage in Jeremiah speaks of the new covenant with Israel and Judah. But you cannot take that passage alone.
Yes, you can. It is self-contained and it is a description of the Covenant God makes with the house of Israel. Everything else that may be considered prophecy is peripheral to this main covenant.
God's promises to the Gentiles are sprinkled throughout the Old Testament which Paul points out in his letters. God promised Abraham that "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen 12:3). He confirms this promise to Jacob "in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed." (Gen 28:14).
You want to read something into this verse that isn't there. Take note that it says "in YOU and YOUR OFFSPRING." Gentiles are NOT the offspring of Abraham. Gentiles do NOT come from his loins. Nor is this a covenant but a promise OF a covenant yet to come and it comes in Genesis 17 where God says:

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen. 17:6–7.

See the language of covenant? THIS is where the covenant with Abraham is established, and it is confirmed with the sign of circumcision. Genesis 12:3 is not a covenant. And the word "family" means "circle of RELATIVES, meaning his seed as is the covenant promise to HIS SEED. There are no Gentiles in this covenant for Gentiles do not come from his loins.
And again, the word "families" in Genesis 28:14 means, "circle of RELATIVES."

And let's not ignore the verse and thought preceding verse 14 which is verse 13:

13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
Gen. 28:13.

It is the land that God is giving to Abraham and all the families that are to be blessed are the families that come from his loins that will occupy that land. God did not give this covenant land to Gentiles. He gave it to Abraham and his family of descendants through Isaac and Jacob/Israel and Jacobs children known as the children of Israel. It is THESE families that enjoy the Abrahamic Covenant NOT Gentiles.
In Hosea 1:10 we read "And in the place where it was said to them, “You are not my people,” it shall be said to them, “Children of the living God.”"(see Paul's use of this quote in Romans 9). These all point to the future reality of the Gentiles becoming part of the covenant community of God.
I notice you like to take passages of Scripture out of its context to try to support your erroneous beliefs. You want to use Hosea 1:10 to the exclusion of the other passages surrounding it. So, let's look at the context of the whole thought the prophet is expressing:

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
Hosea 1:10–11.

This prophecy finds its fulfillment when the Assyrians and Babylonians came and laid siege against both the northern and southern kingdoms and took the children of Israel away captive and they were scattered to the 'four winds' in Gentile lands. Then the prophecy concludes with God bringing His covenant people BACK to their Promised Land.
There is only one people of God and it consists of both Jews and Gentiles. Both are saved by faith in Christ and both are united in Christ so that they are no long two groups but one. This is what Galatians is all about - unity in Christ. Ephesians makes this clear that the Gentiles are now as much a part of the covenant family of God as the Jews are:
Ephesians 2:11-22
This still does not describe any covenant God made with Gentiles. God saves Gentiles without a covenant.
Here is the key if you're going to try and understand the Jewish Scriptures in all their glory.
The oracles of God (First Covenant Scriptures of LAW, PSALMS, and PROPHETS) were committed to the Jews. They are THEIR Scriptures, and their canon is closed. There is nothing more than the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets. Their Scriptures are complete. There is nothing to their Scriptures to add.

Second, all the writings of the New Covenant Scriptures from Matthew to Revelation were written by Jewish Christians TO and FOR other Jewish Christians in the first century and they ALL discuss the First Covenant Scriptures. The four gospels were written to Jews to tell them historically about the short life of their Messiah.

In these two verses (Luke 24:26–27), Luke captures the way Jesus interpreted the Old Testament. He did not read it as a book for Israel alone; he read it as unified testimony pointing to himself. After returning to the Upper Room, Jesus said again: “Everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled” (Luke 24:44). This time, Jesus gives the boundaries of the Old Testament, declaring that each section of the Hebrew Bible (the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings) pointed to him.

Saul/Paul's letters have him doing what all the other apostles did and that was search the Jewish Scriptures to understand the "New" thing God was doing with His covenant people. The writings of Revelation describe things that will happen to Israel at the end when the Times of the Gentiles are ended, and God turns His full attention back to Israel.

There is only ONE true Bible and all the writings of Paul, Peter, James, John, Jude discusses everything happening with and to Israel through the First Covenant Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets which ALL pointed to Israel's Messiah.
Under the old covenant, the Gentiles were strangers to the promises of God. But now, under the new covenant, Jesus has made a way for the Gentiles to be brought in with the Jews, united as one people under Christ.
Again, the New Covenant does not name Gentiles but God making covenant with the House of Israel. So, how can you add Gentiles to Jeremiah's prophecy when not even he adds them.
The New Testament was mostly written by Jewish Christians but not entirely. Nor is it true that the writings were written only to Jewish Christians.
Luke was a Gentile who wrote both the Gospel that bears his name and also Acts.
No, Luke was a Hellenized Jew, not a Gentile.
There is some question whether Mark was a Gentile or Jewish Christian but there certainly seems agreement that he was writing to a Gentile audience.
The whole Bible - from Genesis to Revelation - was written by Jews to and for fellow Jews. Jesus is a Jewish Messiah. The Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets are Jewish writings. The New Covenant Church was founded in Jerusalem by Jews. Everything about Salvation is OF THE JEWS.
There is no Gentile Bible, no Gentile writings, no Gentile inspired by God to write any "books" to the Jewish or Gentile Church - unless you want to count Joseph Smith and his Mormon bible and pearl of great price, etc.
Salvation is NOT of the Gentiles.
Salvation - and everything from Genesis to Revelation - IS OF THE JEWS.
Everything in the writings from Matthew to Revelation discusses Jewish history, the Jewish people, the Jewish prophets, the Jewish covenants, the Jewish prophecies, the Jewish promises, the Jewish culture, the Jewish Messiah, the Jewish religions, the Jewish rituals and practices, the Jewish Temple, the Jewish Tabernacle, the Jewish kingdoms, the Jewish wars, the Jewish wanderings in the desert, the Jewish families and descendants, etc.
SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS.
If you can "get this" then you will come to the knowledge of the truth.

You want to read something into this verse that isn't there. Take note that it says "in YOU and YOUR OFFSPRING." Gentiles are NOT the offspring of Abraham. Gentiles do NOT come from his loins. Nor is this a covenant but a promise OF a covenant yet to come and it comes in Genesis 17 where God says:

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen. 17:6–7.
Yes, but my point was about the other part of the verse - "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

See the language of covenant? THIS is where the covenant with Abraham is established, and it is confirmed with the sign of circumcision. Genesis 12:3 is not a covenant. And the word "family" means "circle of RELATIVES, meaning his seed as is the covenant promise to HIS SEED. There are no Gentiles in this covenant for Gentiles do not come from his loins.
And again, the word "families" in Genesis 28:14 means, "circle of RELATIVES."
Yes, family means a circle of relatives. I do know what it means.
However the verse in question clearly says all families on earth - this is not just a reference to Abraham's descendants.

And let's not ignore the verse and thought preceding verse 14 which is verse 13:

13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
Gen. 28:13.

It is the land that God is giving to Abraham and all the families that are to be blessed are the families that come from his loins that will occupy that land. God did not give this covenant land to Gentiles. He gave it to Abraham and his family of descendants through Isaac and Jacob/Israel and Jacobs children known as the children of Israel. It is THESE families that enjoy the Abrahamic Covenant NOT Gentiles.
See above

I notice you like to take passages of Scripture out of its context to try to support your erroneous beliefs. You want to use Hosea 1:10 to the exclusion of the other passages surrounding it. So, let's look at the context of the whole thought the prophet is expressing:

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
Hosea 1:10–11.
I used the passage in the same way Paul did in his letter to the Romans.

This prophecy finds its fulfillment when the Assyrians and Babylonians came and laid siege against both the northern and southern kingdoms and took the children of Israel away captive and they were scattered to the 'four winds' in Gentile lands. Then the prophecy concludes with God bringing His covenant people BACK to their Promised Land.

This still does not describe any covenant God made with Gentiles. God saves Gentiles without a covenant.
Here is the key if you're going to try and understand the Jewish Scriptures in all their glory.
The oracles of God (First Covenant Scriptures of LAW, PSALMS, and PROPHETS) were committed to the Jews. They are THEIR Scriptures, and their canon is closed. There is nothing more than the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets. Their Scriptures are complete. There is nothing to their Scriptures to add.

Second, all the writings of the New Covenant Scriptures from Matthew to Revelation were written by Jewish Christians TO and FOR other Jewish Christians in the first century and they ALL discuss the First Covenant Scriptures. The four gospels were written to Jews to tell them historically about the short life of their Messiah.

In these two verses (Luke 24:26–27), Luke captures the way Jesus interpreted the Old Testament. He did not read it as a book for Israel alone; he read it as unified testimony pointing to himself. After returning to the Upper Room, Jesus said again: “Everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled” (Luke 24:44). This time, Jesus gives the boundaries of the Old Testament, declaring that each section of the Hebrew Bible (the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings) pointed to him.
Yes, everything in the OT points to Jesus. The whole Bible is a unified whole that points to Jesus. No argument here.

Saul/Paul's letters have him doing what all the other apostles did and that was search the Jewish Scriptures to understand the "New" thing God was doing with His covenant people. The writings of Revelation describe things that will happen to Israel at the end when the Times of the Gentiles are ended, and God turns His full attention back to Israel.

There is only ONE true Bible and all the writings of Paul, Peter, James, John, Jude discusses everything happening with and to Israel through the First Covenant Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets which ALL pointed to Israel's Messiah.

Again, the New Covenant does not name Gentiles but God making covenant with the House of Israel. So, how can you add Gentiles to Jeremiah's prophecy when not even he adds them.

No, Luke was a Hellenized Jew, not a Gentile.
Luke was not a Jew.

The whole Bible - from Genesis to Revelation - was written by Jews to and for fellow Jews. Jesus is a Jewish Messiah. The Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets are Jewish writings. The New Covenant Church was founded in Jerusalem by Jews. Everything about Salvation is OF THE JEWS.
There is no Gentile Bible, no Gentile writings, no Gentile inspired by God to write any "books" to the Jewish or Gentile Church - unless you want to count Joseph Smith and his Mormon bible and pearl of great price, etc.
Mormonism is heresy.

Salvation is NOT of the Gentiles.
Salvation - and everything from Genesis to Revelation - IS OF THE JEWS.
Everything in the writings from Matthew to Revelation discusses Jewish history, the Jewish people, the Jewish prophets, the Jewish covenants, the Jewish prophecies, the Jewish promises, the Jewish culture, the Jewish Messiah, the Jewish religions, the Jewish rituals and practices, the Jewish Temple, the Jewish Tabernacle, the Jewish kingdoms, the Jewish wars, the Jewish wanderings in the desert, the Jewish families and descendants, etc.
SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS.
If you can "get this" then you will come to the knowledge of the truth.
Yes, salvation is of the Jews, because Jesus was a Jew. Yes, the Jews wrote the OT, obviously. Yes, the NT church began with Jews in Jerusalem. But it didn't stop there. The church grew rapidly, and is still growing today. And consists of both Jews and Gentiles, and both are one in Christ.

Paul goes to great pains in his letters to point out the unity that we now have in Christ - there is no longer Jew or Gentil ... but both are one in Christ Jesus. We all make up the body of Christ. "There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6. The body of Christ is not split in two - one a covenant family and the other a non-convenant family. It is united.

You can dismiss what I say if you like, but it is simply untrue to say that Bible was written by Jews and to Jews. As I pointed out Luke was not a Jew. Paul wrote to many churches that were a mix of Jews and Gentiles. Paul clearly addresses the Gentiles in his letter to the Ephesians (Eph 2:11). Titus was a Gentile (as indicated in Galatians 2:3).

Of course, within the confines of covenant for God is not a man that He should lie and He doesn't.
But He does keep His promises to Israel and Paul does say "All Israel shall be saved" in Romans.
God saves Israel through covenant.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant.
At the Marriage Supper the Bride and Church who is Israel is there by Covenant.
Gentile Christians are there by invitation (Matt. 22.)
God is not a Jewish dying man as King of kings. The first century reformation came .

When the veil was rent there was no no Jewish man sitting in the Holy of Holies . Satan the father of lies could no longer deceive all the nations of the word he was a Jewish man .

Romans 20: 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Satan will be released at the end of the age to again deceive the whole unbelieving world that God is a Jewish man .(abomination of desolation)

Part one...​

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made …” Galatians 3:16​

Who is the Seed of ............Abraham to whom the promises were made to?

God made incredible promises to Abraham and his seed about 4,000 years ago … promises of a land for an everlasting possession, an innumerable family, destruction of their enemies, and blessings on all nations of the earth. Who is the seed of Abraham? The answer should be important to every seeker of God's truth.

The Seed of Abraham is Christ and His elect~both Jews and Gentiles.​

Galatians 3:16~“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.”
Galatians 3:27-29~“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

What about the promise of the land?​

Acts 7:3-5~“And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee. Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell. And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.”
Keep in mind the seed after him is Christ!
Hebrews 11:8-16~“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God…. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
There can be no doubt as to how Abraham understood the God's promises~especially so in light of the NT written by men who were Jews by nature !

What about an innumerable family?​

Revelation 5:9,10~“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”

Revelation 7:9,10~“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.”

What about taking their enemies’ gate?​

Matthew 16:18~“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

Luke 11:21,22~“But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.”

1st Corinthians 15:25,26~“For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be
destroyed is death.”

Colossians 2:14,15~“Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

Part two.......

What about blessings on all the nations of the earth?​

Romans 1:5~“By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for
his name:”

Romans 16:26~“But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:”

Galatians 3:8~“And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.”

Revelation 5:9,10~“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”
Again, interpreted for us by men who wrote under the inspiration of God and who were Jews by nature. What more proof does one need to understand this mystery hidden in the OT scriptures. But now is made known according to Paul. Consider:

But what about Jerusalem?​

Hebrews 11:10~“For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.”

Hebrews 12:22~“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,”

Hebrews 13:14~“For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.” Also see Galatians 4:25,26

Again, written by Jews to Gentiles and Jews.

Are only some Israelites the seed of Abraham?​

John 1:47~“Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!”

Romans 9:6-8~“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”

Galatians 6:16~“And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.”

Are only some Jews the seed of Abraham?​

John 8:39~“They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.”
Romans 2:28,29~“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.”

Revelation 2:9~“I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.”

Revelation 3:9~“Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.”

So Israel is a spiritual nation of elect Jews and Gentiles?​

Acts 15:14,15~“ Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.”
1st Peter 2:9,10~“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”
So much more to come~RB

Last edited:
So Israel is a spiritual nation of elect Jews and Gentiles?
Yes, Gods chosen, elect. The Christian born again nation.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Israel and Judah in bible prophecy are Gentiles and Jews. If you you proof there are so many scriptures that would support this position.

God's promises to the Gentiles are sprinkled throughout the Old Testament which Paul points out in his letters. God promised Abraham that "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen 12:3). He confirms this promise to Jacob "in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed." (Gen 28:14).
By using other bibles instead of the KJV, you are actually giving support to those men/women who teach that OT promises to Abraham are only for the "offspring" of Abraham ~ nothing could be farther from the truth. The KJV reads:

Moses did not say seeds as of man, but seed as of ONE, which Paul taught that the seed was CHRIST~and all of the children of God's promises.

How plain are those words written by a Jew to Gentiles!

There is only one people of God and it consists of both Jews and Gentiles
Amen

Both are saved by faith in Christ
That's not totally true. Both are children of God, by the grace of God through the faith/obedience/righteousness of Jesus Christ~he alone secured eternal life for us. Our faith in Jesus Christ is the evidence that we are children of God's promises. Faith is the fruit of the new man created in us by the power of the Spirit of God ~ when He quickened us/ resurrects us from being dead in trespasses and sin. This is sovereignly done sometimes after our conception and before one leaves this world, unknown by us when it actually takes place~prime examples of this truth is seen in John the Baptist while still in his mother's womb and the thief on the cross. If you desire scriptures I have them. But if you would only stop and ponder this, then it should become clear to a child of God. John 3 is a great place to go and consider this wonderful truth.

both are united in Christ so that they are no long two groups but one
Amen.

under the old covenant, the Gentiles were strangers to the promises of God. But now, under the new covenant, Jesus has made a way for the Gentiles to be brought in with the Jews, united as one people under Christ. This is the good news of the Gospel.
Brother, Christ did not just make a way, he secured the salvation from sin and condemnation for all of the children of God's promises. I'm sure you truly believe this as well.

To say these churches were predominantly Jewish Christians seems to lack evidence.
Only in Jerusalem, but Paul and the apostles and others turned the world upside down spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Part two.......

What about blessings on all the nations of the earth?​

Again, interpreted for us by men who wrote under the inspiration of God and who were Jews by nature. What more proof does one need to understand this mystery hidden in the OT scriptures. But now is made known according to Paul. Consider:

But what about Jerusalem?​

Again, written by Jews to Gentiles and Jews.

Are only some Israelites the seed of Abraham?​

Are only some Jews the seed of Abraham?​

So Israel is a spiritual nation of elect Jews and Gentiles?​

So much more to come~RB
What is your understanding of all "nations"?

Back