• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

The same binding loosening power given to all that believe as Christ gives us his power to make it so. . let there be and it was so,
We don't hold the power to bind/loose.... that is a man-made doctrine. The power to bind/loose was given to the Church authority through the Apostles.
Why promote earthly iRome) inspired of the father of lies? What is the hope? God is a man?
Rome [Vatican City] is just the nerve center of Christ's Church. It could have been Antioch.

We don't hold the power to bind/loose.... that is a man-made doctrine. The power to bind/loose was given to the Church authority through the Apostles.
I would offer. .of course if God holds and loosens it why would we accredit it to dying mankind ? What's the hope? Blasphemy attributing the invisible things of eternal God to dying mankind? ?

Destroying the meaning of the word "apostle" sent messenger.(spiritual plagiarism) violates the warning in Deuteronomy 4:2. not to change the meaning of "one word" by adding to it or taking away from it . One word can change the meaning of the whole

An apostle errand boys sent messenger (UPS, FED X, Pony express, air mail .How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace .

Obviuosly our Holy Father who works in and with our new born again heart he knew beforehand that mankind would puff up one anothers dying flesh and blood. . . . . . . above all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) They had no idea they were self serving (me, myself and I ) .

Keep in mind the one author of sola scriptura interprets the living abiding words giving us his personal understanding . . not the understanding of mankind dying flesh and blood (Apostle)

The Pharisees with Sadaucesss a hierarchy of venerable dying men that lord it over the faith or understanding of the non-venerable pew sitters or show watchers. They where given a answer from Christ the husband protecting the integrity of sola scriptura. The sword of the Holy Spirit

1 Corinthians 4:6-7 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure (parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? (the pope?) and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Have you received it? Did Mary our sister in the lord receive it or Peter our brother in the lord?

except that the church is fluid, not static.... 'whatever you bind...' [no expiration date]

I agree. Why won't you accept the Eucharist?
And you know that I reject the Lord's Supper, how?
the pillar of truth; wisdom of God made known through her; obey those that have rule over you; whoever listens to you listens to me; the spirit of truth will be with you always; the spirit of truth will guide you to all truth; I am with you always, until the end of the age.
And for me that is my conscience, subject to the Holy Spirit and the word of God written.

And you know that I reject the Lord's Supper, how?
You would either be Catholic or Orthodox.
And for me that is my conscience, subject to the Holy Spirit and the word of God written.
Nothing mentioned about conscience....if you follow the word of God 👆 the here you go 👇

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

You would either be Catholic or Orthodox.
And what if I am neither?
Nothing mentioned about conscience....
See Ro 2.

if you follow the word of God 👆 the here you go 👇

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Who left written instructions (NT) for the future, which written instructions we obey, and with which any other instruction not in agreement having no authority.

then we go back to your earlier statement.... 👇

Christ gave authority to His Church leaders. [Bind/loose, etc.]
Authority to bind and loose (to and from hell) with the gospel. . .whoever believes is not condemned. . .whoever does not believe is condemned (Jn 3:18).

All who preach the gospel can declare the same.

Authority to bind and loose (to and from hell) with the gospel. . .whoever believes is not condemned. . .whoever does not believe is condemned (Jn 3:18).

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Not one word in the above verse says we can bind/loose. Not one word in the above verse says we have the keys that Christ gave to Peter alone.

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Not one word in the above verse says we can bind/loose. Not one word in the above verse says we have the keys that Christ gave to Peter alone.
Agreed. . .didn't say it did.

Denominations preach different gospels.

Gal 1:8 “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”

Its vital to get this right.
“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, even now I say again: if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!”

(Galatians 1:8-9 NAS20)

Its vital to get this right.
“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, even now I say again: if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!”

(Galatians 1:8-9 NAS20)
?

I see no differences in the gospel of salvation presented by you there.
The gospel is a simple thing. Christ died in our place in order to save us from the eternal consequences of sin and sins.
God Himself took responsibility for His Creation’s fall and suffered in our stead paying the full price Himself, to redeem (buy us back) from the penalty of sin.
There are differences in how it all works between His creatures and Himself.
God became flesh in our likeness and suffered unimaginably, in our stead.

The gospel is a simple thing. Christ died in our place in order to save us from the eternal consequences of sin and sins.
God Himself took responsibility for His Creation’s fall and suffered in our stead paying the full price Himself, to redeem (buy us back) from the penalty of sin.
There are differences in how it all works between His creatures and Himself.
God became flesh in our likeness and suffered unimaginably, in our stead.
And I suspect it is that same gospel among Baptists, Methodists, Anglicans, etc

Back