• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Do you mean like, ...
John 8:58-59 NKJV
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." [59] Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. (Even the Jews knew what He was claiming.)
What's your take on Jesus not being the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob according to Acts 3:13, but then the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob being referred to as the I AM in Exodus 3:14,15?
The Way is as narrow as the cross is wide. Have you come to Jesus via the cross or your own works?
What do you think Jesus meant by "take up your cross and follow me?"

Does that disqualify Jesus from being God?
Yes.

Did you know 'works based religions' encompasses the majority of religions?
There are more people outside of religion who are not working out their own salvation with fear and trembling than those who are. We must all give an account of what we did to God some day. Why? Because it matters.

Romans 2
5But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil, first for the Jew, then for the Greek; 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism.

If Jesus is not God, how can He be the intermediator for those who pray, hearing and answering thousands of prayers simultaneously?
The Bible says the mediator between God and man is himself a man. I would be happy to explain that if you would only believe. Do you believe this verse below?

1 Timothy 2
5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Do you mean like, ...
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." [59] Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. (Even the Jews knew what He was claiming.)
The Jews murdered him because he claimed to be God (Mk 2:3-7, Jn 6:41-42, 10:30-33, 5:18, 8:58-59, 19:7--Lev 24:16).
You guys who believe Jesus is God won't take heed of most of the things Jesus says.
As in the things he said in the above?

We take him the way the Jews took him, who knew exactly what he was saying when he said he
came forth out of (ex-elthon) God (Jn 8:42),
came forth out of (ex-elthon) the Father (Jn 16:28), that he
came forth from (ex-elthon) the Father (Jn 16:27), that he
came forth from (ex-ethon) you (Father--Jn 17:8), as light comes forth (exelthon) out of from within the sun.
Do you mean like, ...

The Way is as narrow as the cross is wide. Have you come to Jesus via the cross or your own works?

Does that disqualify Jesus from being God? Did you know 'works based religions' encompasses the majority of religions?

If Jesus is not God, how can He be the intermediator for those who pray, hearing and answering thousands of prayers simultaneously?

Does that disqualify Jesus from being God? Did you know 'works based religions' encompasses the majority of religions?

What's your take on Jesus not being the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob according to Acts 3:13, but then the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob being referred to as the I AM in Exodus 3:14,15?

Yes.

There are more people outside of religion who are not working out their own salvation with fear and trembling than those who are. We must all give an account of what we did to God some day. Why? Because it matters.

Romans 2
5But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil, first for the Jew, then for the Greek; 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism.

The Bible says the mediator between God and man is himself a man. I would be happy to explain that if you would only believe. Do you believe this verse below?

1 Timothy 2
5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
Is an it, it?

I still am not sure why they don't directly believe Jesus about who Thomas' God is. Didn't he say the God of his brothers is the Father? Jesus' brothers are the disciples.

Matt 12
49Pointing to His disciples, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers.

So doesn't it follow that when Thomas said "my God" he was calling out to the Father?
You know, if you both were'nt so deceived I might actually be upset with the way you two are being. ;)

Last edited:
I don't see a contradiction
Matthew 22:32 NKJV
'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."
The same as Paul here...
Philippians 3:7-10 NKJV
But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. [8] Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ [9] and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; [10] that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
This (the rest of the story) also matters, "For it is God who is working in you BOTH to will and do of His good pleasure. Phil 2:13

The book of Hebrews which essentially covers Christ as the 'better' priesthood says...

Hebrews 1:6-8 CSB
Again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him. [7] And about the angels he says: He makes his angels winds, and his servants a fiery flame, [8]but to the Son: Your throne, God,
is forever and ever, and the scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of justice.

You know, if you both were'nt so deceived I might actually be upset with the way you two are being. ;)
Deceived are you triune god believers.

We believe everything that Jesus says, not just the ones accepted by most churches.

The Jews murdered him because he claimed to be God (Mk 2:3-7, Jn 6:41-42, 10:30-33, 5:18, 8:58-59, 19:7--Lev 24:16).
That's a big fat lie.

That's what Pharisee says.

It is so strange you believe what Pharisees say but don't believe what Jesus says.

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
This is a false dichotomy. Simply Because The Father is also Jesus' God does not preclude Jesus also being one with Him. These are the words of John and if we take the unitarian's arguments as truth, then we have a big problem. John would be seriously contradicting Himself. Those who depend on a mortal human to die for their sins will die in those sins. (John 8:24)

Unitarians love to isolate single texts while disregarding the larger body of texts. It is a poor practice but scoops many people into its net.

I know all of you who believe Jesus is God do not believe Jesus' word.

You guys are behaving like Pharisees who killed Jesus.
Show where we depart. Don't just say it.

I don't see a contradiction
Acts 3:13 -

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = not Jesus​
The servant = Jesus​

Exodus 3:14,15 -

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = the I AM, YHWH​

That means Jesus isn't the I AM, not God, etc.

The same as Paul here...
Philippians 3:7-10 NKJV
But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. [8] Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ [9] and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; [10] that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
Yes, but there is a lot more written in the Bible than that. Faith requires obedience. It isn't some head knowledge or emotional sentiment about trusting Jesus. Yes, there is trust involved, but Hebrews 11, among many other passages clarify that faith and what one should be doing are intimately related.

This (the rest of the story) also matters, "For it is God who is working in you BOTH to will and do of His good pleasure. Phil 2:13
Yes and who worked in Jesus to will and do His good pleasure? Father, let the cup pass from me; not my will, but your will be done.

The book of Hebrews which essentially covers Christ as the 'better' priesthood says...

Hebrews 1:6-8 CSB
Again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him. [7] And about the angels he says: He makes his angels winds, and his servants a fiery flame, [8]but to the Son: Your throne, God,
is forever and ever, and the scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of justice.
Hebrews 1:8 is a quote from Psalm 45:6 where, in context, it's talking about a human king (most likely Solomon) with a queen. When the writer of Psalms 45 wrote this, he wasn't calling Solomon the Lord God Almighty nor is it a prophecy about Jesus.

When the writer of Hebrews 1:8 appropriated Psalm 45:6, their intention wasn't to call Jesus the God. It doesn't match the context of Hebrews 1 anyway.

For starters, Hebrews 1:5 refers to Jesus as having been created "today." It refers to him being produced via procreation. That means he isn't God.

Hebrews 1
5For to which of the angels did God ever say:
“You are My Son; today I have become Your Father”?

"have become Your Father"

γεγέννηκά (gegennēka)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's Greek 1080: From a variation of genos; to procreate; figuratively, to regenerate.

I know all of you who believe Jesus is God do not believe Jesus' word.

You guys are behaving like Pharisees who killed Jesus.
You are reacting to "all of us" not believing you. Jesus said in John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Now the interesting part is the "I am he" because in the original language the text was written in the "he" does not exist. That was added by translators. According to the original language accounts Jesus simply said, "... unless you believe that I am you will die in your sins.”

When Jesus was incarnated He left the shekinah glory He had with the Father to become a zygote in Mary's womb so that He might be made in every way like us. Everything He knew on earth had to be taught to Him by His Father. The Father suffered as much as the Son did in saving humans from death. We can see this in the story of Abraham and Isaac when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son.

In Christ God experienced the fullness of what it meant to be human and then took the sins of the world upon Himself that we might be free.

He says His Father is His God.

And the Bible and Jesus say God is one.

So you don't believe Jesus' word.

Sad.
And, to finish the thought, the bible states that Jesus and the Father are one. It also states that they are in each other and that if you see one, you have seen the other. Beware of the selective use of scripture to support doctrine. All good doctrine stands upon the whole of the bible.

Back