• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
The Word was with God and the Word was God. . .the Word became flesh and dwelt among us (Jn 1:1, 14)

~
I could be wrong, but for now I seriously don't think it's essential to believe the
really heavy stuff about Jesus in order to take advantage of his crucifixion to escape
full retribution at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 whereby a
number of unfortunate folk will have to undergo a mode of death akin to a foundry
worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

I recommend putting one's private search for the heavy stuff on hold for now and
wait for The Lord himself to decide whether we have a legitimate need to know
because some things can't be sleuthed; they have to be brought out.

"No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the
Son; and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him." (Matt 11:27)
_

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
And this verse says to you Jesus is not God?

So you believe Jesus lied?
Strawman. . .

No more than you believe that both John in Jn 1:1, 1:4, and Jesus in the following lied:
Heb 1:6, Mt 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9, 17, Lk 24:52, Jn 9:38, 20:28-29 -- where Jeusus prescribed and accepted worship of himself as God, without correction or reprimand (as in Mt 4:10, Ac 10:25-26, 14:14-15, Rev 19:10, 22:9);

Jn 5:23, 14:1 prescribing worship of himself, which was prophesied in Da 7:13-14.

Last edited:
he has no clue.
Near as I can tell, she considers Christ's death symbolic. I don't think she would admit to that but that is what it amounts to. A human created to kill and then say "OK. I forgive your sins now. I have vented my wrath."

Last edited:
Near as I can tell, he considers Christ's death symbolic. I don't think he would admit to that but that is what it amounts to. A human created to kill and then say "OK. I forgive your sins now. I have vented my wrath."
sad

I am repeating this because Trinitarian churches are spreading a falsehood about God and Jesus' identities.

the world needs to know the Truth.
Are believers in the trinity saved?

Yes that is correct. In this verse Jesus informed the readers who his God is and who his brothers' God is. In John 20:28, when Thomas said "my God" he didn't contradict Jesus and lay claim to a different god aside from the Father. Thomas openly declared his God is the Father.

Last edited:
Strawman. . .

No more than you believe that both John in Jn 1:1, 1:4, and Jesus in the following lied:
Heb 1:6, Mt 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9, 17, Lk 24:52, Jn 9:38, 20:28-29 -- where Jeusus prescribed and accepted worship of himself as God, without correction or reprimand (as in Mt 4:10, Ac 10:25-26, 14:14-15, Rev 19:10, 22:9);

Jn 5:23, 14:1 prescribing worship of himself, which was prophesied in Da 7:13-14.
So you believe Jesus lied.

Sad.

So you believe Jesus lied?
That's rather a deliberate misrepresentation of what @Eleanor said, I think. Don't do that. If you think she contradicts something Jesus said, or something in the Bible, say so, and show how she did so.

He says His Father is His God.

And the Bible and Jesus say God is one.

So you don't believe Jesus' word.

Sad.
Do you honestly believe @Carbon doesn't believe Jesus word? Just show how he contradicts it, instead of throwing these pretended manipulations up. Be honest. Attitude wins (and loses) fights, not debates.

I know all of you who believe Jesus is God do not believe Jesus' word.

You guys are behaving like Pharisees who killed Jesus.
I still am not sure why they don't directly believe Jesus about who Thomas' God is. Didn't he say the God of his brothers is the Father? Jesus' brothers are the disciples.

Matt 12
49Pointing to His disciples, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers.

So doesn't it follow that when Thomas said "my God" he was calling out to the Father?

I still am not sure why they don't directly believe Jesus about who Thomas' God is. Didn't he say the God of his brothers is the Father? Jesus' brothers are the disciples.

Matt 12
49Pointing to His disciples, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers.

So doesn't it follow that when Thomas said "my God" he was calling out to the Father?
Their denial of Jesus' word shows unbelief.

Back