• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Will you let me know what you think may be a contradiction between something Paul said and the others?
I have already done so.
It's more nuanced than that because Jesus said many things. Sheep can be lost, led astray, and not recovered again. God doesn't desire this nor is idle while it happens. God will do a lot to bring someone back, but ultimately people can refuse to repent, turn from their sin, be healed, and die in their sins.
It is not nuanced at all. The disconnect is not with Jesus it is with you seeing things as contradictions and instead of using the premise that there are no contradictions in the Bible, then trying to find within the scriptures themselves the meaning that removes the seeming contradiction, you simply pick the one you already agree with and mentally remove the other from the Scripture.

You find so many unresolvable contradictions because your very starting premise, that Jesus is not God, is dead wrong.
Matt 18
12What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices more over that one sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. 14In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.
This is an analogy and should be treated as such. The IF is related to the man and God is not man.

This is an analogy and should be treated as such. The IF is related to the man and God is not man.
The "if he finds it" is related to what the Father does "in the same way." The analogy was supposed to make it clear that sheep do go astray and can be lost despite God's efforts to save them. He/she who has ears to hear, let them hear.

God wills all repent and yet they don't. He won't make people repent. They will simply perish for their stubborn rebellion.

2 Peter 3
9The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

The "if he finds it" is related to what the Father does "in the same way." The analogy was supposed to make it clear that sheep do go astray and can be lost despite God's efforts to save them. He/she who has ears to hear, let them hear.
In Matt 18 the parable of the lost sheep in verses 12-13 that you present as a proof text for your heresy is directly related to what Jesus said in Matt 18:1-11. It is not isolated and it is not a doctrine.

Now compare about what you say of God and what God says of Himself.
Ps 115:3 Our God is in the heavens; he does all the he pleases.
1 Chron 29:11-12 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victor ad the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and the earth is ours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
Dan 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the those in heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"
Job 42:2 "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

With that in mind, rethink what you have said.
God wills all repent and yet they don't. He won't make people repent. They will simply perish for their stubborn rebellion.
God does not will that all repent. He commands that all repent.
2 Peter 3
9The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.
Who is Peter writing to? Why is he writing what he does? Who are the "you", and having ascertained who the "you" are---who are the "everyone"? It is a careless and apathetic thing to treat the very word of God so casually.

In Matt 18 the parable of the lost sheep in verses 12-13 that you present as a proof text for your heresy is directly related to what Jesus said in Matt 18:1-11. It is not isolated and it is not a doctrine.

Now compare about what you say of God and what God says of Himself.
Ps 115:3 Our God is in the heavens; he does all the he pleases.
1 Chron 29:11-12 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victor ad the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and the earth is ours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
Dan 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the those in heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"
Job 42:2 "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

With that in mind, rethink what you have said.

God does not will that all repent. He commands that all repent.

Who is Peter writing to? Why is he writing what he does? Who are the "you", and having ascertained who the "you" are---who are the "everyone"? It is a careless and apathetic thing to treat the very word of God so casually.
You trine believers have too many of your doctrines dismissing the principle of the simple fact that discussing the difference is impossible.

that's how you guys make such a lengthy never-ending mess.

@Runningman has already explained all your confusion over and over.

You trine believers have too many of your doctrines dismissing the principle of the simple fact that discussing the difference is impossible.

that's how you guys make such a lengthy never-ending mess.

NA

Just my analysis of your faith and tactics.
There was no analysis given. Only an uninformed opinion. No tactics were given.

In the Greek Lexicons both at John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4--The true God called-Ton Theon= God--the other 2 beings=The word and satan, called god are called Theon. Its why there is a difference of what one is actually being called. The only word in Greek for God or god is Theon( Theos)--so to show the difference if both are used in the same paragraph, God is called Ton Theon.
All true followers represent that name=YHVH(Jehovah)--that is all that its showing.
Does your understanding of Ton Theon agree with NT apostolic teaching in:

Jn 3:16 - God (theos) gave his only begotten (not adopted) Son (whose nature is the same as God's nature--divine, just as your nature is the same nature as the father who begot you--human) so that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Only God is divine.
And the nature of God's Son can be nothing other than his Father's nature; i.e., divine, making him also God like his Father, as you are also human like your father.

We don't believe him. He makes up his interpretations instead of finding them in the whole counsel of God. (That is the Bible in its entirety and its inerrancy in the truths it presents.) He creates contradictions and doesn't give a hoot if he does.

We don't believe him. He makes up his interpretations instead of finding them in the whole counsel of God. (That is the Bible in its entirety and its inerrancy in the truths it presents.) He creates contradictions and doesn't give a hoot if he does.
I don't believe anyone who professed to be His follower yet worships a triune god.

I think grace is runningman with 2 computers.
I think there's actually more user names than that coming from the same person.

What do you believe, Dave? Do you believe Jesus is God and where do you surmise this movement has come from? I mean we all know where it comes from ultimately, but why the recent heavy push all over the internet to teach Jesus is not God?

I know Muslims and Judaism teach and believe this.

I think it is also a counter-punch to the masses that are leaving the Trinitarian doctrine. If there is an Exodus from that doctrine, they want to try and catch them in an alternative doctrine that is completely false.

Does your understanding of Ton Theon agree with NT apostolic teaching in:

Jn 3:16 - God (theos) gave his only begotten (not adopted) Son (whose nature is the same as God's nature--divine, just as your nature is the same nature as the father who begot you--human) so that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Only God is divine.
And the nature of God's Son can be nothing other than his Father's nature; i.e., divine, making him also God like his Father, as you are also human like your father.
Moses looked divine with the powerful works Jehovah did through him. Jehovah does all the powerful works through Jesus as well-Acts 2:22. 1 Cor 8:5-6)
Jesus has a mortal mother. There was none named Jesus in the OT.
Only begotten= created direct, first and last.= The FIRSTBORN of all creation( Col 1:15)

Back