• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Jesus was a sinless mortal.
Read more carefully. I said the only two sinless mortals who rebelled were Adam and Eve. What about what I said about Jesus?
So you have Jesus dying for Adam (since God says sin came to all men through Adam, not Adam and Eve.) That would only justify Adam. Everyone born through Adam after he sinned is not a sinless mortal.

Faith alone doesn't equal salvation,. There is something for you to do according to Jesus. Begin with keeping God's commands and start there. You will be judged based on what you do. God will give eternal life to some and others not.
"By grace you are saved, through faith, and that is not of yourselves but is a gift of God. that no one should boast."

If we have to do something first like keep the commands of God, then that is works salvation. That is earning, deserving, salvation.The whole reason Jesus came and did what He did, and died in our place, met the wrath of God in our place, for our sins, is because we can't obey His commands perfectly. Jesus also said, "Be perfect, even as I am perfect." How is that going for you? And what about all the sins you committed before you even heard of Jesus?

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
EDIT BY ADMIN} The title of this thread is unacceptable and has been changed. The forum is titled "Christ Centered" Apologetics Ministry.

It is obvious the member who started this thread does not believe Jesus is God. Sad, but he or she is entitled to believe as they like. However, on this site which is a Christian site, a thread with a title denying Christ is God will not be allowed. If this person wants to discuss this, that's fine within the thread.

If anyone is offended by the change I made, you are welcome to leave and join up with a forum that allows such.

Admin.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1. EDIT Complete}
Thank you.

So many sites are allowing this horrible heresy to be discussed and taught.

Couldn't agree more that if one doesn't believe Christ is God, they cannot be a Christian, not to mention they have no grasp of the Bible at all - which is probably the main issue with most of them unfortunately.

Hos. 4:6
2 Thess. 2:10-12
Prov. 1:29
Jer. 9:6
Zech. 7:11
2 Tim. 2:15

God bless.

Couldn't agree more that if one doesn't believe Christ is God, they cannot be a Christian, not to mention they have no grasp of the Bible at all - which is probably the main issue with most of them unfortunately.
This is an ignorant and heretical commentary.

You don't have a meaning of being Jesus' follower.

so sad.

But this is the reality of triune god-worshipping churches which is the vast majority.

That's why I am here to correct their misrepresentation to the world.

Narrow is the gate to lead to life and only a few find it says Jesus.

That's why I am here to correct their misrepresentation to the world.
That's why we're here to correct your misrepresentation.

So, let's take this one piece at a time.

You believe Jesus is not God, so what is He then? A mortal man.

Explain your position to me and I'll explain all the places you are incorrect.

Forgive me for not reading 24 pages of thread, but I'll be patient with your explanation.

Forgive me for not reading 24 pages of thread, but I'll be patient with your explanation.
Read my original op, not edited one by your admin.

"By grace you are saved, through faith, and that is not of yourselves but is a gift of God. that no one should boast."

If we have to do something first like keep the commands of God, then that is works salvation. That is earning, deserving, salvation.The whole reason Jesus came and did what He did, and died in our place, met the wrath of God in our place, for our sins, is because we can't obey His commands perfectly. Jesus also said, "Be perfect, even as I am perfect." How is that going for you? And what about all the sins you committed before you even heard of Jesus?
One would think sola scriptura about what the Bible says would at least attract one amen, but seems we can’t agree on anything.

Anyway, God’s grace is conditional and access to God’s grace isn’t without merit. There are no special goody boxes waiting for those in heaven based on how “good” they were. The gift is you may get to live forever and be a co-heir with Jesus, the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Your works-based judgement, according to Jesus and Paul, will result in your death or salvation.

The main goal for every Christian, though they will sin, is to be repentant, and have a continual striving toward a life of godliness, obeying Jesus, and thus doing the will of the Father.

Just “believe Jesus” and continuing in sin isn’t a biblical doctrine. I don’t want anyone to be confused here and not get informed about this.

Idolators will be among the first to face their second death according to scripture. Since this is something completely avoidable, please take heed.

Revelation 21​
8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”​
Luke 18​
13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”​

Where does the gospel say anything about believing Jesus is God? It actually doesn’t exist.

Where does the gospel say anything about believing Jesus is God? It actually doesn’t exist.
I'm offering a very reasonable discussion.

You two want to teach Jesus is not God.

So teach.

I'm wanting to learn ... and my first question is "If Jesus is not God, what is He then?"

Do you believe Jesus is a mortal man?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're just giving up then?

How am I supposed to read an OP that's no longer available to read?
My, I did not know they completely deleted it.

I will bring it up.

So you're just giving up then?

How am I supposed to read an OP that's no longer available to read?
Here is my original OP.

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

I'm offering a very reasonable discussion.

You two want to teach Jesus is not God.

So teach.

I'm wanting to learn ... and my first question is "If Jesus is not God, what is He then?"

Do you believe Jesus is a mortal man?
Sure. There is a lot of scripture about Jesus being a man who relied on his God just like a normal person. Let's just begin with what the Bible says and go from there.

Acts 2
22Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. 23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. 24But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

1 Timothy 2
5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Here is my original OP.

Did it post like you were hoping?

All I see is a single verse.

Sure. There is a lot of scripture about Jesus being a man who relied on his God just like a normal person. Let's just begin with what the Bible says and go from there.
Okay, well the Bible says that Jesus had no human father. We can start there.

How do you reconcile that with your belief that He was mortal?

Can you point out any other mortals in history who were born from a single human parent?

Jesus lived His life as an example to all believers of how to live properly in God's sight, in obedience and righteousness. Everything He did was an example to us.

Praying to the Father (Source) was no exception.

Did it post like you were hoping?

All I see is a single verse.
It is a single verse that you cannot debut.

That's your excuse to disregard His word?

Laim, lady.

ps, there are tons of His word you disregard.

Don't come to me to quote them.

You cannot rebut even a single verse.

Acts 2
22Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. 23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. 24But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

You left out Acts 2:21 because it teaches Jesus is YHWH.

Okay, well the Bible says that Jesus had no human father. We can start there.
The Bible does say Jesus has a Father and was "begotten" the day God became his Father. He was created. - Hebrews 1:5

How do you reconcile that with your belief that He was mortal?
He's a man therefore he is mortal.

Can you point out any other mortals in history who were born from a single human parent?
According to the genealogy of Adam he is descended directly from God

Luke 3
38the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Jesus lived His life as an example to all believers of how to live properly in God's sight, in obedience and righteousness. Everything He did was an example to us.

Praying to the Father (Source) was no exception.
Amen. I agree. Thanks for rightly saying that the Father is the true recipient of prayer. Matt 6:6,9

You left out Acts 2:21 because it teaches Jesus is YHWH.
It doesn't. The Son isn't the Father. The Father is YHWH.

Isaiah 64
8But now, O LORD, You are our Father;
we are the clay, and You are the potter;
we are all the work of Your hand.

Back