• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

Here's what I asserted in post 419:
"The One" (which appears twice) in Romans 10:14 refers to Jesus.

Runningman responded by asserting in post 420:
Yes and the one who saves is God.

By your use of "Yes' demonstrates it is an agreement with what I asserted that "the One" refers to Jesus. When you added "and" is you calling "the one" who saves as being God a reference back you your agreement that it is Jesus.

Great work!

Before you whine and whimper that I am not accurately representing what you intended to convey then you can clear this mess you made by simply answering this question:

To whom does "the One" (which appears twice) in Romans 10:14 refer to?
You shouldn't misrepresent people. That isn't good.

Romans 10​
13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”​

This calling on the Lord refers to YHWH. It's a quote from Joel 2
32And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD
will be saved;​
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem​
there will be deliverance, as the LORD has promised,​
among the remnant called by the LORD.​

God does the saving through His servant Jesus.

If you really and truly want to be an effective ambassador for Christ, then you are
simply going to have to stop fighting with people!

_
So you believe you are an effective ambassador for Christ?

Jesus is my shepherd.

That's the problem of most of Jesus' followers.

You don't seem to have the heart to follow Jesus' spirit.

I am fine with Him.

You shouldn't misrepresent people. That isn't good.

That is why I asked this in post 437:

Romans 10​

will be saved;​

You addressed Romans 10:13. I asked about Romans 10:14.

Let me clue you in on something. Romans 10:13 and Romans 10:14 are not the same passage.

That is why I asked this in post 437:

You addressed Romans 10:13. I asked about Romans 10:14.

Let me clue you in on something. Romans 10:13 and Romans 10:14 are not the same passage.
How petty. You need to stoop to misrepresenting me to give the appearance of scoring cheap points? Not surprising. Next.

How petty. You need to stoop to misrepresenting me

I am trying not to, but you keep dodging Romans 10:14.

Until you specify otherwise, post 420 has you saying "Yes" in reference to Romans 10:14 referring to Jesus.

Clear up and clean up your mess if you want to.

I am trying not to, but you keep dodging Romans 10:14.

Until you specify otherwise, post 420 has you saying "Yes" in reference to Romans 10:14 referring to Jesus.

Clear up and clean up your mess if you want to.
You, of all people, assigning a mess to me is just hilarious. I already clarified what my point is. Read it Fred.

Romans 10​

will be saved;​

You, of all people, assigning a mess to me is just hilarious. I already clarified what my point is. Read it Fred.

Romans 10​

Romans 10:13 is not Romans 10:14.

Thanks!

This thread is devolving into nonsense.

When it gets back on track to a Bible discussion I'll respond.

This thread is devolving into nonsense.

When it gets back on track to a Bible discussion I'll respond.

Backing up your claims is what you are avoiding, so it looks like you shouldn't come back then.

You’re saying all people have been condemned yet you haven’t been condemned.
That is not what I said. Read it again. It contains a qualifier.
Generally speaking, all are condemned to be condemned, but not all condemned to the second death. What you do actually matters. God repaying each according to their works is all over the New Testament. Do you know that or do you disagree with that too?
The believer is judged according to his works, most likely having to do with rewards, but he is not condemned. The condemned get the lake of fire.

They make dictionaries so we know what words mean and how to use them and apply them. They even make Bible dictionaries so we get the biblical use of words, if we are unable to figure it out for ourselves from the Bible itself.

A guilty man in a court of law gets a sentence commensurate with the crime. A condemned man gets the needle.

This is my thread and I don't want any distracted argument.

Or are you guys hijacking it and changing the direction?
In other words, you only want agreement? In which case your and @Runningman could talk to each other, instead of just hit the "like" button on each others posts.

So I am really ignorant about CARM and CCCM and any other forum with similar initials. What are these? Who is responsible for starting it? WHat does it mean? Where does it come from? Etc.

Isaiah 45:5 is clear-- I am YHVH(Jehovah)and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no other God.---See the word-ME--not we.
Correct. . .

There is only one God, in three distinct divine persons (Mt 28:19).

~
@grace2

Hello;

This is to inform you that I don't have the patience to be distracted by your
remarks so I've placed you on my ignore list. Others will still be able to view your
posts; just not me. Sorry.
_

In other words, you only want agreement? In which case your and @Runningman could talk to each other, instead of just hit the "like" button on each others posts.
I will correct if what you are giving is misrepresenting God and Jesus' word.

That is not what I said. Read it again. It contains a qualifier.

The believer is judged according to his works, most likely having to do with rewards, but he is not condemned. The condemned get the lake of fire.

They make dictionaries so we know what words mean and how to use them and apply them. They even make Bible dictionaries so we get the biblical use of words, if we are unable to figure it out for ourselves from the Bible itself.

A guilty man in a court of law gets a sentence commensurate with the crime. A condemned man gets the needle.
Faith alone doesn't equal salvation,. There is something for you to do according to Jesus. Begin with keeping God's commands and start there. You will be judged based on what you do. God will give eternal life to some and others not.

Matt 19
16Just then a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?”
17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18“Which ones?” the man asked.
Jesus answered, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, 19honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’”

1 John 1
7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Romans 2
5But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

Sorry. There were only two sinless mortals who rebelled and that is Adam and Eve. So you have Jesus dying for Adam (since God says sin came to all men through Adam, not Adam and Eve.) That would only justify Adam. Everyone born through Adam after he sinned is not a sinless mortal.
Jesus was a sinless mortal.

Back