• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God {title edited}

grace2

Well Known Member
Reaction score

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
EDIT BY ADMIN} The title of this thread is unacceptable and has been changed. The forum is titled "Christ Centered" Apologetics Ministry.

It is obvious the member who started this thread does not believe Jesus is God. Sad, but he or she is entitled to believe as they like. However, on this site which is a Christian site, a thread with a title denying Christ is God will not be allowed. If this person wants to discuss this, that's fine within the thread.

If anyone is offended by the change I made, you are welcome to leave and join up with a forum that allows such.

Admin.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1. EDIT Complete}

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
How many other people except Jesus can die for the sins of the world?

How many other people except Jesus can die for the sins of the world?
So that's your excuse to dismiss His word?

His Father made Him to die for the world.

He could do it because Jesus was a sinless Servant of His Father.

Why was he sinless? Did God make Him sinless too?

Truly, Lord Jesus Christ says "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Jesus says I AM, and He did not say "I was created".

So, one week before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM ring true.

And, two weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM resound true.

And, three weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM are true.

And, the minute prior to the minute any of all the angels were created Jesus' words of I AM trumpet true.

And, the week prior to any of the angels being created Jesus' words of I AM harmonize truthfully.

No matter when in time one seeks before Abraham was born, Jesus Christ's words of I AM remain absolutely true.

Going back in time, Jesus is always I AM, never created, He is always I AM.

Going back in time, anytime in all eternity because Jesus says "before Abraham" with no exceptions, Jesus Being.

Behold, Going back in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going back in time.

Jesus says "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

The angel Gabriel declared to Mary about Jesus "He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end" (Luke 1:33).

Behold, Going forward in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going forward in time.

GOD is exclusively the One that IS EVERLASTING going back in time and going forward in time.

God is everlasting.

Jesus is everlasting.

No one except God is everlasting.

Everlasting YHWH God is Lord Jesus Christ for He declares "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8, see also Revelation 21:6 and Revelation 22:13), thus says He Who is coming on the clouds!

"I am YHWH, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God" (Isaiah 45:5).

"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

All people that think Jesus Christ was created hold to news that is not the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:6-7), so you have no gospel at all.

The above doesn't prove Jesus is not God.

What a terrible OP. You cite a passage and then fail to prove your outlandish assertion.

And.....

John 5:15-18
The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. For this reason, the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things on the Sabbath. But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I myself am working." For this reason, therefore, the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because he not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus made himself equal with God. If it's not true, then we are all still dead in sin because Jesus blasphemously lied and thereby rendered himself incapable of being the perfect sacrifice. If true, then he is God.

Stanford E. Murrell - A Foundation for Faith An Introductory Study of Systematic Theology
Jesus is God, the second person of the Trinity. This is proven in several ways.

Jesus Claimed To Be Divine
John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.”
John 8:42 “Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.”
John 8:58 “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”
John 10:38 “But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.”
John 14:9 “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” 10 “Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.”

The Apostles Taught that Jesus Was Divine
Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
Matthew 16:26 “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Mark 1:1 “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
Luke 1:35 “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
John 20:31 “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
Philippians 2:6 “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:”
Colossians 1:16 “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:”
Colossians 2:9 “For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.”

The Confession Of Others Concerning Christ’s Deity

Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be
upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
Matthew 27:54 “Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.”
Luke 4:41 “And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.”

The Sacred Title of God Applied to Christ Proves His Divinity
Jesus is called Emmanuel in Matthew 1:23
“Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Mark 2:7
Jesus is called God in John 20:28
Thomas answered Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega in Revelation 1:11
Jesus is called the King of kings and Lord of lords in 1 Timothy 6:15

The consequences for those that don't believe Christ is God:
1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit
John 20:31 and 1 John 5:13

Good luck (libertarian free will perspective) or fortunate predestination (reformed perspective) or You Earned It (Free Willianism)

Stanford E. Murrell - A Foundation for Faith An Introductory Study of Systematic Theology
Jesus is God, the second person of the Trinity. This is proven in several ways.
Non-Trins are not going to be persuaded by Trinitarian sources because those sources are - by definition - biased in favor of the Trinitarian position.
Good luck (libertarian free will perspective) or fortunate predestination (reformed perspective) or You Earned It (Free Willianism)
Aside from the fact non-Trins don't accept Trin sources as authoritative, Post 10 stood on its own very well until that final unnecessary, unwarranted, off-topic, rude rhetorical comment. Bad form. It does not help the Trinitarian cause in debating the Trinity.

Why did Jesus have to die?

I think you might have an extremely hard time trying to argue against the Bible when it says about Jesus, "GOD was manifest in the flesh".
You have no case against Jesus' word, friend.

It is so clear-cut.

this message is for everyone in this thread.

Because God wanted real sacrifice for our sins.

What does this have to do with Jesus saying His Father is God?
Because if one knows why Jesus had to die, they would also know that a creature could never qualify to make the necessary satisfaction (ransome, releasing another from bondage) and survive sin's penalty, which is death and the wrath of God.

Because if one knows why Jesus had to die, they would also know that a creature could never qualify to make the necessary satisfaction (ransome, releasing another from bondage) and survive sin's penalty, which is death and the wrath of God.
You are simply avoiding what the thread is all about.

It is so lame, friend.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Back