• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

How many verses are required to prove a false doctrine?

Well, duh.....anyone who reads the bible understands that baptism is presented in several ways...water, fire, whatever....BUT, and let me repeat...BUT...the bible doesn't show one how to be baptized. If baptism is a requirement for salvation why is the method not taught in the Bible? What if you've done everything else right...checked off all of the requirements for salvation...including baptism and God rejects you because you were sprinkled instead of dunked?
2 pet 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Christ commanded the apostles to administer the sacrament of baptism, they know what is required

"Whom He loved" is a specific mention of one of the disciples....not all of the disciples.

Jhn 21:7 7Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it) and jumped into the sea.

John 13:23 One of His disciples, the one whom Jesus loved, was reclining at His side.

John 21:20 Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them. He was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper to ask, "Lord, who is going to betray You?"

Do you believe John was considered as the one whom Jesus loved in the above verses? It certainly isn't all the disciples...right?

Jesus was speaking to John...and asked John to specifically care for His mother.
Mary has a the mother of all those who are in Christ!

Says nothing about caring for Mary!

You don’t need to have mother and son relationship to be a caregiver

Is your mother the mother of your spirit?

Was your spirit given to you by God...or did it come about by a biolgical process?
Body is the physical and biological and sense perceptible
The soul is spiritual and not sense perceptible

Soul is created by God

Yes my mother is mother fully

But don’t confuse mother with source

Interesting article...it didn't go the way I thought it would go or the way you titled it....As the article pointed out many "christians" may be baptized for the wrong reasons not that there is a downside.

But, speaking of downside, many believe that when they are baptized they can check off another requirement and they are saved....when they wake up before the White Throne they'll realize the downside of that requirement....understanding they didn't trust in Christ alone but rather on what they thought they did to merit or earn salvation. I pray your not one of them Frank and understand we get baptized because of our salvation rather than to obtain salvation.
Where does it say trust Christ alone?

You seem to overlook one thing. What part of 'free' (as in free gift) don't you understand?

Matthew 17:26 (KJV) Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 5:15 (KJV) But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:16 (KJV) And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:18 (KJV) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Galatians 5:1 (KJV) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Has the Son made you free (Jn 8:36), or are you still under the RCC yoke?
I have included grace!

If we all came to the same understanding we would have only one denomination.
I thought there were no (zero) (zip) (nada) denominations
None in scripture?
Only one new covenant church!

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom

Thanks

Christ replaced David as king Lk 1:32/33

The new covenant church replaced Israel Matt 21:43
Really? God makes eternal promise to Israel and then it turns out a lie because He's given the kingdom of God to someone else?
The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven and Covenant Israel are different entities.
The kingdom of God is Christ Himself.
The kingdom of heaven is New Jerusalem coming down from heaven FOR Israel.
The Abrahamic Covenant is an eternal covenant (Gen. 17) and the land and blessings all belong to Israel. (Rom. 94.)
Gal 4 holy mother church
Roman Catholic error. Israel is the Church and Bride of God.
Christians now the chosen people
The New Covenant Church is Acts 2 was founded on ONE DAY in Jerusalem and it was populated by 3000 Jews. Then, the Lord added to THAT Church daily such as should be saved. So, if 3000 is a median number then by weeks end 21,000 Jews were born again and filled with the Holy Spirit and Christ was keeping His Promise to Israel (repesented by 12 Jewish disciples) to build His Church. Then, with the destruction of the Temple He stopped, blinded Israel and brought in Gentiles until now.
The Revelation is prophecy about Israel.
When Christ returns He's going to subdue the Roman Catholicism, subdue the pope, and rule the world with a rod of iron from Jerusalem, not from Rome. What a shame when you find out the truth at that time your Catholicism has been wrong all this time.
1 pet 2:9
Thanks

Mat 28:19-20 is not in the gospel?
Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It is in the Gospel accounts, true...but it's not the Gospel.
The Gospel according to the Apostle sent to the Gentiles is this..

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; [2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you believe the Gospel???

The 255 dogmas of the faith

Short concise statements or summary of an aspect of thee Christian faith.

You will agree with the vast majority of them, I can send them or you can google “list of catholic dogma”
Are all of them....as you put it in an earlier post..."Tradition means oral teaching not customs and habits"?

2 pet 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Christ commanded the apostles to administer the sacrament of baptism, they know what is required
Where is the requirement of it for salvation??? As I asked you for earlier...where does the bible tell you how to be baptized if it's a requirement??? Why is John 3:16 not enough?

Mary has a the mother of all those who are in Christ!

Says nothing about caring for Mary!

You don’t need to have mother and son relationship to be a caregiver
I just showed you the one Christ loved was John.....RESPOND TO THAT.

Yes.

I believe there are other writing that help us understand the inspired writing of the bible...
How scripture opposes scripture alone?
Scripture does not tell us what constitutes scripture?
What scripture is Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist (Lk 3:2) or Peter (Matt 16:17) have when they received revelation or the word of the Lord?

I think it was you who said, tradition is fine as long as it don’t oppose scripture.

That is a misunderstanding of tradition

Tradition is divine revelation from Christ
Both verbal and scripture
Both are tradition!
2 thes 2:15
Tradition / revelation
Either by word (verbal) or epistle (scripture)
So one cannot have more importance or be superior to the other

One revelation of Jesus Christ!
Tradition
Verbal or scripture

Revelation ended with the ascension of Christ. Jn 1:3

Only one faith (revelation) eph 4:5

thanks

Back