• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

How many verses are required to prove a false doctrine?

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 6:33
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Only problem, for the RCC, grace = God's favor dependent on man's works.
No that’s not right.

It is a free gift cos the initial grace is a gift!

Salvation is not a only doctrine a doctrine to be believed, but a sacrifice / atonement, giving grace and union (by faith and baptism / water and the spirit) with the person of Christ the mediator, members of Christ! Must be in Christ born again by faith and baptism, Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 united to God and His communion of saints thru Christ the mediator and the grace of God!

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 1 pet 1:21-23
God gives all men sufficient truth and grace for salvation.

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Jn 15:4 abide in Christ Matt 3:16 believes (present tense) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Glorification:

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

“Faith alone” apart from union with Christ avails nothing, in order for our actions (including prayer, fasting, alms, virtues etc.) to have merit they must be in union with Christ and filled with sanctifying grace, it is grace that gives our actions merit, Jn 1:16-17 Jn 15:1-5 apart from me you can do nothing, must be in union with Christ and grace, but we cannot accomplish this only God can do it thru His church by baptismal regeneration!
Jn 3:5 2 pet 1:11

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Faith alone excludes love of God!

The gospel is not the gospel? Strange

Yes I believe

But not the five solas

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 6:33
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

1 John 4:1 ESV
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 John 1:10 KJV
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

How are we to objectively test the spirits except by God's written word?

“Faith alone” apart from union with Christ avails nothing, in order for our actions (including prayer, fasting, alms, virtues etc.) to have merit they must be in union with Christ and filled with sanctifying grace, it is grace that gives our actions merit, Jn 1:16-17 Jn 15:1-5 apart from me you can do nothing, must be in union with Christ and grace, but we cannot accomplish this only God can do it thru His church by baptismal regeneration!
Jn 3:5 2 pet 1:11

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Faith alone excludes love of God!
The faith is in Christ alone, so faith alone apart from union with Christ is self-contradictory.

It is only your straw man of faith alone that excludes love of God.

The gospel is not the gospel? Strange

Yes I believe

But not the five solas
I didn't say that the Gospel is not the Gospel.

If you believe in the truth of Romans 3:27, then you believe in faith alone.

Revelation 2:19
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Never “faith alone”!
Yes never alone, always according to Christ's labor of love or a work of his faith.

Where is the requirement of it for salvation??? As I asked you for earlier...where does the bible tell you how to be baptized if it's a requirement??? Why is John 3:16 not enough?
Why do you think everything is in scripture?

Jn 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, (tradition) and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

AUGUSTINE
“[T]he custom [of not rebaptizing converts] . . . may be supposed to have had its origin in apostolic tradition, just as there are many things which are observed by the whole Church, and therefore are fairly held to have been enjoined by the apostles, which yet are not mentioned in their writings” (On Baptism, Against the Donatists 5:23[31] [A.D. 400]).

BASIL THE GREAT
“Of the dogmas and messages preserved in the Church, some we possess from written teaching and others we receive from the tradition of the apostles, handed on to us in mystery. In respect to piety, both are of the same force. No one will contradict any of these, no one, at any rate, who is even moderately versed in matters ecclesiastical. Indeed, were we to try to reject unwritten customs as having no great authority, we would unwittingly injure the gospel in its vitals; or rather, we would reduce [Christian] message to a mere term” (The Holy Spirit 27:66 [A.D. 375]).

Instructions for baptism are found in the didache

No that’s not right.

It is a free gift cos the initial grace is a gift!
My bible says it is a free gift based on the perfect obedience of Christ, (sorry about your's)..

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. [19] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I just showed you the one Christ loved was John.....RESPOND TO THAT.
Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Disciple so it applies to all disciples

If you are in Christ Mary must be your mother

Rev 12:17 her offspring

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

How are these Rachel’s children?
Unless she was spiritual mother of israel

Mary is spiritual mother of Christians

Eve mother of all the living

Mary mother of all those living in the new covenant

Who else are you going to trust in for salvation? Satan??? Yourself????
But you said scripture requires it?

Yes one savior

But you right it is a sola, but not biblical

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Many people try to put words into Jesus' mouth.
Scripture says so 2 thes 2:15
Both verbal (word) and scripture (written) are called tradition
The teaching authority of Christ in His apostolic church

Please present the verses and your commentary as to why.
Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Cos it says not faith alone!

Back