• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

First Prohibition, Then the Go Ahead

prism

Asleep in the boat Lu 8:23-24
Reaction score
Faith
Berean (Acts 17:11)
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Leans Right
Can someone explain why the prohibition (Lev & Deut), then the mandatory adjunct (John)?

(Lev 17:14) for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, 'You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.'

(Deu12:23) Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood isthe life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

(Joh6:53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man,and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

(Joh6:54) Whoso eateth my flesh, anddrinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at thelast day.

Back